Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues

Controversial Social Issues Discussions concerning controversial social issues. Topics include politics, religion, culture, social and economic issues, etc. Respect required at all times.

Share |
Old 10-22-2008, 07:00 PM

Zeitgeist: Addendum

Who here thinks that interest on money created out of thin air is good? This is something that makes no sense to me. Maybe someone can explain how this makes sense to them, if indeed there is someone here that this concept makes sense to.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-22-2008, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom View Post

Who here thinks that interest on money created out of thin air is good? This is something that makes no sense to me. Maybe someone can explain how this makes sense to them, if indeed there is someone here that this concept makes sense to.
This movie is AWESOME... IF you haven't seen it already watch it... then go back and watch the first one!

Old 10-22-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merovinq View Post
This movie is AWESOME... IF you haven't seen it already watch it... then go back and watch the first one!
I don't think that I saw the first one. I could be wrong, I'll check it out tonight. Thanks.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:25 PM
v7n Mentor

Before you guys get high on your new discovery, please explain the difference between cashing in bonds for Federal Reserve money and the regular credit and mortgage system.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor View Post
Before you guys get high on your new discovery, please explain the difference between cashing in bonds for Federal Reserve money and the regular credit and mortgage system.
It's ok, Mike, you don't have to answer. Maybe someone else will. I'll wait.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:44 PM

Just a little recap here folks,

Question: Who here thinks that interest on money created out of thin air is good?

Old 10-22-2008, 10:23 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Just a little recap here folks,

Question: Who here thinks that interest on money created out of thin air is good?
I watched that movie. And I was shocked. With regards to your question, I don't think it is good. Why do they need to make interest on created money out of nowhere? What for? Well I think it's just plain corruption.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeruel View Post
I watched that movie. And I was shocked. With regards to your question, I don't think it is good. Why do they need to make interest on created money out of nowhere?
So that they can make more money.
Quote:
What for?
Power and control of the people. Basically to enslave people to produce profit for them, and control them at the same time. Pretty ingenious really, but very sinister and evil. Many people die as a result of this system, IMO.
Quote:
Well I think it's just plain corruption.
Me too. It seems to have started with the creation of the Federal Reserve in 1913. Apparently our congress gave the government permission to set up a system for itself and bankers to rob everyone, and they're still stealing from us to this day. One example is income tax, that's unconstitutional, yet we are forced pay it. Interesting (no pun intended) the way this ill gained money is compounded by banks through the Central Banking System, created at the same time as the Fed Reserve, if I remember correctly. Pretty sad state of affairs that evil brainstorm has put us in.

Last edited by Atom; 10-22-2008 at 11:03 PM.

Old 10-23-2008, 06:00 AM
Super Moderator

The federal reserve, the people that create US dollars are selling those dollars to the government (and, therefore, the American people) at a profit. You pay interest on that money from the moment it is created.
The base borrowing rate is currently 1.5%. That means that when a US dollar is created, the government owes a little more than a dollar back. How does one pay his debts? You need money to do that. It's a never ending cycle that puts money into the hands of private banks, in order to supply money to the people.
If you're one of the bankers, life is great! Anyone else..., not so much.

Some Criticisms...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Paul
This decline in the value of the dollar is simple to explain. The dollar loses value as the direct result of the Federal Reserve and U.S. Treasury increasing the money supply. Inflation, as the late Milton Friedman explained, is always a monetary phenomenon. The federal government consistently wants to spend more than it can tax and borrow, so Congress turns to the Fed for help in covering the difference. The result is more dollars, both real and electronic—which means the value of every existing dollar goes down...when the Fed sets interest rates artificially low, the cost of borrowing becomes cheap. Individuals incur greater amounts of debt, while businesses overextend themselves and grow without real gains in productivity. The bubble bursts quickly once the credit dries up and the bills cannot be paid...the Fed steadily increased the monetary supply throughout the 1990s by printing money. Recent Fed numbers show double-digit annual increases in the M2 money supply. These new dollars may make Americans feel richer, but the net result of monetary inflation has to be the devaluation of savings and purchasing power.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Nader
And here he is (Alan Greenspan), widely known as a fierce watchdog against inflationary trends, yet he is remarkably selective in what kind of inflation he is against. For example, he now recognizes stock values along with housing values as mainstays of our economy. The prices of stocks have risen vastly more than the prices of housing over the past six years. Yet apart from some vague mumblings, he seems to be viewing prices of stocks as outside the realm of an inflationary trend. Other numbers are also going up but they are clearly outside the conventional definitions. Corporate welfare disbursements and preferences are proliferating in every direction at all three levels of government, totalling hundreds of billions of dollars a year. The percentage of the working poor that is under the poverty level is at a record high...More families are making less in inflation-adjusted income than families did in 1970...Nor is he above inflating one indicator -- interest rates -- in order to deflate other parts of the economy -- a maneuver that doesn't affect large corporations as it does consumers and small businesses. The Fed Chairman does show consistent concern about one inflationary indicator -- any rise in ordinary wages -- and he is regularly relieved to see that they have been "stable," even though labor's productivity has been up sharply recently. It is clear that he loses little sleep over workers not sharing in the massive profits that their companies are reaping.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Kucinich
...and it's going to be my pleasure...to take this discussion to Capitol Hill, because Washington needs to understand how we are mired in debt and how we are staying there with the help of this fractional-reserve banking. Washington needs to understand that questions must be raised about why in effect did we give up our control of this asset, this ability to be able to issue money. Why did we give it to the Federal Reserve? We need to look at that again. It's not as though this country should be headed for bankruptcy or our people for destitution. The money's there. We need the will there, to begin to look at America in a new way and look at our potential to create material wealth in a new way
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Paul
The United States Constitution grants to Congress the authority to coin money and regulate the value of the currency. The Constitution does not give Congress the authority to delegate control over monetary policy to a central bank. Furthermore, the Constitution certainly does not empower the federal government to erode the American standard of living via an inflationary monetary policy.
Congressman Louis T. McFadden, Chairman of the House Committee on Banking and Currency from 1920–31, accused the Federal Reserve of deliberately causing the Great Depression. In several speeches made shortly after he lost the chairmanship of the committee, McFadden claimed that the Federal Reserve was run by Wall Street banks and their affiliated European banking houses. On June 10, 1932, McFadden said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congressman Louis T. McFadden
Mr. Chairman, we have in this country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks. The Federal Reserve Board, a Government board, has cheated the Government of the United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the national debt. These twelve private credit monopolies were deceitfully and disloyally foisted upon this country by the bankers who came here from Europe and repaid us for our hospitality by undermining our American institutions...The people have a valid claim against the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve banks.
Monopoly Money (Pun Intended)

Old 10-23-2008, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap View Post
The federal reserve, the people that create US dollars are selling those dollars to the government (and, therefore, the American people) at a profit. You pay interest on that money from the moment it is created.
The base borrowing rate is currently 1.5%. That means that when a US dollar is created, the government owes a little more than a dollar back. How does one pay his debts? You need money to do that. It's a never ending cycle that puts money into the hands of private banks, in order to supply money to the people.
If you're one of the bankers, life is great! Anyone else..., not so much.

Some Criticisms...

Congressman Louis T. McFadden, Chairman of the House Committee on Banking and Currency from 1920–31, accused the Federal Reserve of deliberately causing the Great Depression. In several speeches made shortly after he lost the chairmanship of the committee, McFadden claimed that the Federal Reserve was run by Wall Street banks and their affiliated European banking houses. On June 10, 1932, McFadden said:

Monopoly Money (Pun Intended)
Very good response.. Zap

Old 10-23-2008, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Very good response.. Zap
I agree, but I still would have liked my question to be answered. Only one person has actually answered my question so far.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:06 PM

I blame politics for that.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
I blame politics for that.
Money that is created out of thin air is not good and is the whole reason we are goingt hrough this credit crisis now. The powers that be are "Freezing Credit" or not giving out new loans so they can repossess the real property when people can't pay because there is not enough money to pay them...

Right now there is about $50-$100 trillion in cash/electronic cash

Right now there is about $1500 trillion in debt owed to banking interests...

How can $1500 trillion be paid off with $100 trillion?

Another good video if your interested in this stuff is "The Money Masters" It was made in 1995 and looks kinda retro, nonetheless the video presents the history of money and banking better than any video thus far. Here is a link.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...19560256183936

You should watch it.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Money that is created out of thin air is not good and is the whole reason we are goingt hrough this credit crisis now. The powers that be are "Freezing Credit" or not giving out new loans so they can repossess the real property when people can't pay because there is not enough money to pay them...

Right now there is about $50-$100 trillion in cash/electronic cash

Right now there is about $1500 trillion in debt owed to banking interests...

How can $1500 trillion be paid off with $100 trillion?

Another good video if your interested in this stuff is "The Money Masters" It was made in 1995 and looks kinda retro, nonetheless the video presents the history of money and banking better than any video thus far. Here is a link.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...19560256183936

You should watch it.
I certainly will, thanks very much.
I know that I said I'd look at the first Zeitgeist last night, but I fell asleep in the chair. I'll see if I can get them both watched tonight.

Old 10-23-2008, 02:57 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:

Who here thinks that interest on money created out of thin air is good?
I seen the movie. I am shocked.
I do not think creating money out of thin air is good. It does not make sense to me.
But straying from this a weeee bit....what about the interest? It does NOT exist?? It is nowhere?

Insane

Old 10-23-2008, 03:03 PM

Maybe we should fight this by all becoming corporate bankers.

Old 10-23-2008, 03:09 PM
v7n Mentor

Ha! Maybe.
Then when I pay interest on my loan, I will be able to pocket it?
*shrugs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristysKnots View Post
I seen the movie. I am shocked.
I do not think creating money out of thin air is good. It does not make sense to me.
But straying from this a weeee bit....what about the interest? It does NOT exist?? It is nowhere? ...
You're not straying at all, that's part of the question. The interest is also created out of thin air. Isn't that nice of them?

Quote:
Maybe we should fight this by all becoming corporate bankers.
Maybe we should start a revolution..

Old 10-23-2008, 03:26 PM

Well you know, something this important I think that people should at least be aware of what might be really going on currently, and act from there or not. I mean, the Venus Project does offer some suggestions on what one can do that seems to me to be a peaceful revolutionary style. It's like, what else ya gonna do, you know? But I think it's something that if caught on, could work in countering the imbalance.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Controversial Social Issues