Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Reseller Hosting (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I am looking for ....... (a reseller host) (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22517)

Radnor 12-08-2005 06:09 PM

I am looking for ....... (a reseller host)

Hello all!

I currently have a reseller account with a host. Here are the basics of what they provide me.... 3G storage, 60G bandwidth, 500 email accts, email forwarding, autoresponders for EACH account I sell.

What I would liike from the (but not offered) is: antivirus/spam filtering on email, GENERIC control panel, would LOVE to have alias DNS.

And with the price I pay for each additional account is really low. I just wish they would include my "wish list" to what they offer. I'm happy with service they provide.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Radnor

Michael Allison 12-08-2005 06:17 PM

I like these folks:

http://www.hostgator.com/

Nice people, great service and the price is right.

I'm not sure they can offer you all the bells and whistles you are asking about, though.

-Michael

John Scott 12-08-2005 06:30 PM

I'm curious. Why not get your own server at ServerBeach or ServerMatrix, and set the accounts up yourself, as opposed to getting a reseller account?

Radnor 12-08-2005 09:21 PM

Thanks for the info. ServerMatrix is only accepting orders from current customers.

And I need a few more accts before I could make the jump. Have several now, just would feel better with a few more to make the monthly bill a little easier to handle......

POOH! Now thinking, now can I make this work......

Sabeur 12-10-2005 11:24 AM

We know better than to promote ourselves.

South 12-21-2005 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radnor
Hello all!

I currently have a reseller account with a host. Here are the basics of what they provide me.... 3G storage, 60G bandwidth, 500 email accts, email forwarding, autoresponders for EACH account I sell.

What I would liike from the (but not offered) is: antivirus/spam filtering on email, GENERIC control panel, would LOVE to have alias DNS.

And with the price I pay for each additional account is really low. I just wish they would include my "wish list" to what they offer. I'm happy with service they provide.

Any suggestions?

TIA,
Radnor

Hostgator does pretty much address these things. Cpanel accounts have the standard Neomail / Horde / Squirellmail options....and Horde has pretty good filtering (for a free program). Plus, a Squirellmail install of your own gives you the option of an antivirus mod.

The Cpanels are generic, in fact you can brand them with your own company logo / text / graphics.

As for alias DNS, you should be able to do that pretty easily through your domain control panel.

Dannys 12-22-2005 04:50 AM

Try looking at Switch2hosting.com they have reseller plans and if the one isnt there for you custom plans are availble my contacting them

sitetutor 12-22-2005 04:29 PM

I myself am hosting at several places, but if you just need a simple plan, www.asmallorange.com would be another one I'd throw in the ring.

minstrel 12-22-2005 10:52 PM

He's not asking about hosting, Toots. He's asking about reseller hosting.

Sabeur 12-23-2005 06:52 AM

John not all people can buy servers for $99/mon.

minstrel 12-23-2005 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabeur
John not all people can buy servers for $99/mon.

You can if you're prepared to sell your children and pets on eBay. It's just a matter of asking yourself: What are your priorities?

John Scott 12-24-2005 12:35 AM

LOL.

It's actually a good point. Where are your priorities? If you can feed yourself you can lease a server. Most businesses were started with some personal sacrifice (not kids, though :) )

sitetutor 12-24-2005 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minstrel
He's not asking about hosting, Toots. He's asking about reseller hosting.

Minstrel, please bother clicking the link and find reseller hosting before commenting.

dvduval 01-15-2006 09:00 PM

I like site5 too.

5star1 01-26-2006 02:39 PM

chjeck out resellers panel.com

Michael Allison 01-26-2006 02:42 PM

5star, I'm sure your hosting is great, and I have moved your post to the proper forum.

But, do you think that it is an accident that yours is the only offer for services in this thread? We do not allow it here. There is one place to advertise and this isn't it. Please read the rules and, at least, post an intro. You will wind up with a bunch of red bars and no sales from here, otherwise.

Thank you.

GafferSports 02-06-2006 02:04 PM

I wonder if you ever thought of taking your hosting to the next level and using Virtual Personal Servers?

One of the best may be www.powervps.com, it is atleast worth a look.

Steve.

Sabeur 02-08-2006 02:03 PM

http://www.5starwebsitehosting.com

lol, there using resellerpanel with some ugly theme, lol. I would recommend you upgrade to their new skin.

talion 02-20-2006 07:05 PM

i personaly dont like resale although i do offer it i kinda feel people are getting gipped with resellers as it is.

RackSlash 02-24-2006 08:35 PM

What is your site url?