Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Lobby (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Do you believe in fate? (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94707)

shahab6 07-24-2008 07:19 PM

Do you believe in fate?

I was just wondering how many people out there believed in fate and why. I dont because I dont like the idea that im not in control of my own life. I dont think everyone has a destiny and that there is no combating that. You choose what you want to do with your life whether you want to be a doctor, a cop, or a junkie, it doesnt matter but I dont think people have a set destiny. Destiny, I think, is kind of somewhat a religious term becuase if you do have a set future then who chose your future and why that particular path in life? Is it god? I dont think so. I know that a lot of religious people believe in destiny if im not mistaken. Just curious to what others think.

TriggeredbulleT 07-24-2008 09:03 PM

I do believe in faith. For me faith is a more definite relationship with GOD.

Cricket 07-24-2008 10:02 PM

I believe that no matter what we do, sometimes, it just is ...

m42 07-24-2008 10:33 PM

I'd really like to, but no. :)

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Cricket 07-24-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by m42 (Post 904433)
I'd really like to, but no. :)

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

"It just is" ... (Liam)

Rambina 07-24-2008 10:58 PM

To some level I do believe in faith

jabo 07-24-2008 11:46 PM

What? what are we really discussing? fate or faith? well, for what ever reasons, I don't believe in either, if this thing destiny was real or something, then, figuring things out would have been a lot easier. I like to think that what ever I do or what ever I am now, is because of who I was and who/what ever I will be in the future, it is because of what I am doing right now. whether or not I will like it.

earthbound soul 07-25-2008 01:52 AM

yeah, it's really confusing :lol:

Sneakyheathen 07-25-2008 02:12 AM

I don't think I'm on a pre-defined path, but when I keep messing up I'd like to think I get a few nudges along the way and wake-up calls.

Ferre 07-25-2008 03:09 AM

For me, it takes too much faith to believe in fate and I'm not a believer.

crimson_river 07-25-2008 06:15 AM

it's the matter of choices you've made in life that affects your fate....

krahmaan 07-25-2008 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shahab6 (Post 904314)
I was just wondering how many people out there believed in fate and why. I dont because I dont like the idea that im not in control of my own life. I dont think everyone has a destiny and that there is no combating that. You choose what you want to do with your life whether you want to be a doctor, a cop, or a junkie, it doesnt matter but I dont think people have a set destiny. Destiny, I think, is kind of somewhat a religious term becuase if you do have a set future then who chose your future and why that particular path in life? Is it god? I dont think so. I know that a lot of religious people believe in destiny if im not mistaken. Just curious to what others think.

Hmmmm...

I've heard of the term, and have even studied it deeply. But from my findings I have found no proof that FATE or DESTINY exists. So I cannot believe it, but I do believe in GRACE. From what I've read, if FATE exists it can only be altered by GRACE.

Do you believe in the luck of the Leprechaun? :mrgreen:

Dina312 07-28-2008 05:23 AM

I don't believe in destiny and fate because I believe that life is what we make it.

Luckyman 07-28-2008 06:32 PM

I am a rational thinker, take the normal route and ready to accept whatever comes across my life :)

arcel 07-28-2008 06:50 PM

i don't believe in fate.. but i do trust the devil inside of me in making decisions... :twisted:

C.Whyte 07-28-2008 06:58 PM

I hope I do...

guppyman 07-28-2008 07:01 PM

I don't believe that everything in life is fixed. But i believe in synchronity.

john06 07-28-2008 07:32 PM

No id dont believe in fate... You are the one who makes your own destiny.

G10 07-28-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shahab6 (Post 904314)

It is true that people choose what they want to do and I do not believe in destiny either.

Actually, I am not even sure that the bible supports it as one of the main characters (Jesus) was tempted by the devil so as to alter his path. Now if his path was set in stone and he could not alter from it, nor had free will to then what would have been the use of him being tempted?

Take into account that according to the bible the devil would have understood this more than most as he used to be a very high ranking angel ('Cherub' if I am correct) before it was taken away from him.

That said, unusual things have happened that is starting me questioning this a little bit ;)

zeruel 07-28-2008 10:01 PM

I don't believe in it either. It is me who chooses what will be my future is... :)