Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blog Promotion (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   How to promote your Blog to Non-bloggers (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96334)

guardianangel 08-11-2008 08:42 AM

How to promote your Blog to Non-bloggers

Sometimes, we are just too busy with other things and we do not have time to socialize with fellow bloggers. But then, we must continue to promote them even to non-bloggers. However, these people may not understand what we are doing and therefore, different approach must be made. Convincing them to do what they do not usually do is the hardest part, and it is not enough that we invite them to visit our blogs without telling them some details. Here are some techniques I have been doing lately.

Choose potential visitors

Not all Internet users are interested in opening blogs, so you must choose them carefully. Know what they like to read and make sure your topic belongs to their point of interest. Otherwise, you are just wasting your time. It is also better if you do it within your circle of friends like parties, meetings and when you are speaking in front of a crowd. Choose the ones who are fond of reading, and avoid the busy people who do not have spare time.

Do not invite them at once

Inviting them at once is like driving them away because reading blogs can be scary to them. Do not expect them to know what a blog is, although they may have heard of it before. A better start is to tell them what they can get from opening your blog, and why should they spend time reading your posts. Never tell them that you are the best blogger and your blog is the best blog in the world. Instead, leave a mystery so they can be thrilled while you are inviting them.

Guide them

Treat them like a child, and guide them patiently. Find the shortest keyword that can lead to your blog on when they Google it, and make sure it really does. Tell them everything they should know about a blog such as the sidebars, the archives as well as your ads. I also think they should know what will happen when they click your ads. This is not only being honest, but also to avoid your ads to be abused which may harm your blog. To guide them effectively, be accessible at all times.

Invite them to subscribe

There is nothing better than to convert them to regular readers, so invite them. This is better than inviting them to visit your blog again. However, they must know that it is totally free and they can unsubscribe anytime they like. Inform them also about your blogging frequency especially when they seldom check their mails. They may get annoyed when they are see a lot of messages in their inbox, and may think that your posts are spam messages.

Treat strangers nicely because first impression lasts.

Article Source: Humane Blogging Tips

x3mario 08-11-2008 06:07 PM

Great tips. Nice way to convince non-blogger people to visit your blog.

axedbydax 08-12-2008 01:18 AM

Nice tips.I will try follow them for my blogs.

guardianangel 08-12-2008 04:59 AM

Thanks for finding my post useful. Hope to share more.

my_misyel 08-12-2008 05:28 AM

If you are in a public place like attending a meeting, reunions etc. Always bring a business card. Most of your friends are not that aware of your blog. You invite them to visit it to read more updates on your work, about your life and all your activities =)

Chris@Crane 08-12-2008 09:34 AM

haha I love the 'humane blogging tips' title... I imagine inhumane blogging :P

ignoring my stupid sense of humour for a moment however, thanks for the article! Always good to find another article helping people (me) with their (my) blogging escapades!

guardianangel 08-13-2008 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris@Crane (Post 915972)
haha I love the 'humane blogging tips' title... I imagine inhumane blogging :P

ignoring my stupid sense of humour for a moment however, thanks for the article! Always good to find another article helping people (me) with their (my) blogging escapades!

Unfortunately, inhumane blogging is existing and it is a serious problem.

No problem with the humor, I am also crazy sometimes.

guardianangel 08-13-2008 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris@Crane (Post 915972)
haha I love the 'humane blogging tips' title... I imagine inhumane blogging

I was so stupid not to thank you for checking out my blog. I hope you love my older posts too.

Journey 08-21-2008 04:42 AM

I like your idea. I'm actually doing it also for my blog for better publicity.

Quote:

Originally Posted by my_misyel (Post 915833)
If you are in a public place like attending a meeting, reunions etc. Always bring a business card. Most of your friends are not that aware of your blog. You invite them to visit it to read more updates on your work, about your life and all your activities =)

shaila 08-22-2008 01:13 AM

Thanks for that interesting tips. Another Ways on how to promote blog to non bloggers is to

1. Make Your Invitations to Subscribe to your blog is to call the action of readers coming to your blog to subscribe to it.

2. Educate Readers about Your Subscription Methods or what we called as "RSS feed"

3. Good blog design highlights your content, helps people navigate your site well and creates a good impression

my_misyel 08-22-2008 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Journey (Post 921329)
I like your idea. I'm actually doing it also for my blog for better publicity.

We must understand that not all internet users are bloggers. We have to do some more alternatives in promoting our sites. :mrgreen:

guardianangel 08-22-2008 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by my_misyel (Post 922047)
We must understand that not all internet users are bloggers. We have to do some more alternatives in promoting our sites. :mrgreen:

Yes and as an addition to my post, let me add that we should not act like genius when we guide them. Use layman's terms for technical words.

guardianangel 09-18-2008 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 080903k (Post 941206)
朝阳区搬家公司 朝阳区搬家公司成立于1995年。丰台区搬家公司经过几年的不懈努力,开拓发展,朝阳区搬家公司现已成为北京规模最大的专业朝阳区搬家公司(物流)公司。通州区搬家公司朝阳区搬家公司现拥有各类运输车辆、机械设备270多台套。公司以居民、朝阳区搬家公司企事业搬场为基础,建立起市内物流、工业搬场、小件快运、集装箱运输、市内配送为主的运输体系,培育出一批 经验丰富的专业队伍,对所有高档家具,钢琴、空调、大型机器等具有技术精通专业人员拆装及搬动通州区搬家公司一条龙服务。代办长、短运输

Can anyone here help me to understand this???

my_misyel 09-19-2008 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guardianangel (Post 941213)

its a spam actually written in chinese language :mrgreen:

Chris@Crane 09-19-2008 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guardianangel (Post 941213)

means 'year'
means 'big'
means 'more'
means 'person'

that's the best I can do ;)

stupid spammer, thinking people will actually bother to translate it :P

SeLFiE_12 09-19-2008 09:39 AM

nice vital tips, another way is to submit them to social bookmarks and introduce them at Social Networking Groups, related of course.

imtiyazkhan 09-19-2008 09:47 AM

This is very informative tips to optimize the blogs.

guardianangel 09-19-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris@Crane (Post 941631)
means 'year'
means 'big'
means 'more'
means 'person'

that's the best I can do ;)

stupid spammer, thinking people will actually bother to translate it :P

This is great! Are you Chinese? I thought the guy is trying to sell me his poisonous milk...lol!

Chris@Crane 09-24-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guardianangel (Post 941808)
This is great! Are you Chinese? I thought the guy is trying to sell me his poisonous milk...lol!

nah I'm English! Did a bit of Japanese at school and some of the symbols are the same ;)

digitaldesperad 09-24-2008 10:09 AM

i think that a lot of bloggers write articles that non-bloggers would also enjoy. However, it seems like bloggers are the only ones who would be willing to subscribe through a feed reader, which makes bloggers the only dependable regular readers. great post :D
..thanks for the tips