Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   SEO Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   at the end of my patience (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44353)

dheaven 12-28-2006 09:46 AM

at the end of my patience
 
i make this nice website with alot of good content, i do some seo, i'm waiting it gets indexed...i do some more seo...better this time...it is updated...and so on...

well most of you did this but what is frustrating is when you check your webpage positions in SEs and you can't find it but you find in te second or 3rd page pages with no content like this one ->

http://www.cesspit.net/drupal/taxonomy/term/29 (ranks in 22 position in google)

search for: mmorpg list
http://www.google.com/search?q=mmorp...&start=20&sa=N

what can you say after that?
SEs sux?

but my webpage ranked first for another word set ->
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...st&btnG=Search

and i find it to be useless cause no one searches for this and this was for sure not the words i was targetting.

what am i doing so wrong that i don't apear in google for mmorpg list not even in the page 200 while pages with no content or with no good seo rank in the first 30 results.

if someone can take a look and give me some indications it would be most appreciated.

thank you

ninjashoes 12-29-2006 12:17 AM

I view source on your site but can't find the description.


I used to target UFC, you have to target related search phrases for instance now I target UFC results and am on the first page.

-try putting MMORPG as the first word in the first sentence of the site

-put MMORPG in bold a couple times

-MMORPG H1 tags

-make sure MMORPG is in the description, 2 times?

-it would have helped to have MMORPG in the Domain but I doubt you wanna lose your indexed pages and wait for them to get reindexed, it might be worth it though

-now get backlinks

Tyler Banfield 12-29-2006 12:18 AM

Is this your site: mmorpg list ?

ninjashoes 12-29-2006 12:21 AM

hahah I thought http://www.cesspit.net/drupal/taxonomy/term/29 was yoursite

Im a dumbass lol

dheaven 12-29-2006 03:02 AM

yes mmo-rampage.com is my website,
i use mmorpg in the firs sntence not first word but non of the top 10 website use it as first word,
i use it in h1 tag,
no bold, i'll try
it is 2, times also list
i know mmorpg woulg have helped me alot but not all of the websites in top 10 use mmorpg nor list in their domains or pages

i'm not to good on backlinks...can't find a good way to get them fast.. :(

Tyler Banfield 12-29-2006 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dheaven (Post 521576)
i'm not to good on backlinks...can't find a good way to get them fast.. :(

Directories and article submissions

Remember that anchor text matters (which is why I used mmorpg list, just to give you a little boost)

Whenever possible, use the terms that you want to rank for as your anchor text

dheaven 12-29-2006 04:00 AM

thank you, where could i submit articles? except digg
already submited to all free direcories i could find but submission takes time :(

i use anchors whenever i can but building a huge number of links it is hard for me as i don't use any automated software.

i also believe this is not my only problem

These statistics show you how the Googlebot sees your site.
In your site's content
mmorpg
mmo
mmog
world
games
rampage
mpog
game
players
life
new
fantasy

(and the list goes on)
but there is no list...i can't figure it out

In external links to your site
mmorpg
free
list
mmo
rampage
com
addicted
(and the list goes one)
here seems to be ok

NothingButNet 12-29-2006 07:03 AM

I'm just thinking that you have to concentrate more on external SEO than internal SEO. Get your link out there. Submit to directories and write articles and submit them like Tyler said. Just do a search for free article directories and you'll find thousands of places to submit.

Tyler Banfield 12-30-2006 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NothingButNet (Post 521630)
I'm just thinking that you have to concentrate more on external SEO than internal SEO. Get your link out there. Submit to directories and write articles and submit them like Tyler said. Just do a search for free article directories and you'll find thousands of places to submit.

You may also want to consider iSnare. For $60 a month, they will distribute up to seven articles a day to over 150 article directories (each article can have three links with anchor text in the footer).

Webfu 12-30-2006 09:55 PM

Hey Tyler,

Have you ever used Isnares free content articles?

Im looking for a service like this.

Tyler Banfield 12-30-2006 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Webfu (Post 522476)
Hey Tyler,

Have you ever used Isnares free content articles?

Im looking for a service like this.

Ive never used the articles on a web site, but I do use them to distribute articles. They have pretty good editorial standards, so it seems like it would be a good source if you are looking for web site content.

tinotriste 01-04-2007 06:36 PM

you can also submit some articles to my free article directory :-)

Vern 01-05-2007 12:45 AM

Hi dheaven,

I'm sure you have a resonably good experience in SEO but the fact is that you should pay attention to what the top websites are doing to get the 1st ranking. They could be using different and more effective tactics. Okay, this might not be your cup of tea to be investigating but here's the hard fact. A lot of research needs to be done before you actually publish your site and there's a lot of tools you can use to do that such as wordtracker.com have you done that ? and another one is SEOelite ... check these out and see what other tactics you can come out with.

Cheers,

Vern

UBF 01-05-2007 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Banfield (Post 522333)
You may also want to consider iSnare. For $60 a month, they will distribute up to seven articles a day to over 150 article directories (each article can have three links with anchor text in the footer).

LOL... I've used iSnare but never saw that. Thanks for the info.

NothingButNet 01-05-2007 07:35 AM

I want to thank you for the recommendation too Tyler - I've been considering paying someone to submit articles for me, and have been looking at isnare. Another plus mark for it on my list.

Have you ever used any other subsmisssion services for comparison?

Matt Baker 01-05-2007 07:41 AM

You can optimize your site as much as you want, but if you have a relatively competitive keyword, you need inbound links and appropriate anchor text to rank highly. It's as simple as that. You will never rank highly if you concentrate just on optimizing your pages and overlook the power of link juice. Just read what John Scott has to say in the first few paragraphs in his article on SEO copywriting.

parusa619 01-05-2007 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dheaven (Post 521269)
i make this nice website with alot of good content, i do some seo, i'm waiting it gets indexed...i do some more seo...better this time...it is updated...and so on...

well most of you did this but what is frustrating is when you check your webpage positions in SEs and you can't find it but you find in te second or 3rd page pages with no content like this one ->

http://www.cesspit.net/drupal/taxonomy/term/29 (ranks in 22 position in google)

search for: mmorpg list
http://www.google.com/search?q=mmorp...&start=20&sa=N

what can you say after that?
SEs sux?

but my webpage ranked first for another word set ->
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...st&btnG=Search

and i find it to be useless cause no one searches for this and this was for sure not the words i was targetting.

what am i doing so wrong that i don't apear in google for mmorpg list not even in the page 200 while pages with no content or with no good seo rank in the first 30 results.

if someone can take a look and give me some indications it would be most appreciated.

thank you

You know that simpler but important keywords makes more competitions. So I suggest that if you want to rank high in SERPs, you must optimize simpler keywords and if ranked high, other keywords will rank high, too.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:30 PM.

3.8.7