Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Coding Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Trying to solve for days -- background images not showing up in WP (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342750)

kenny_ 05-21-2013 01:43 AM

Trying to solve for days -- background images not showing up in WP

Hey guys, I've been developing a website on dashzip.com, and all of the images all of the sudden stopped showing up. I developed this website from scratch, and am in the process of finishing it. I really am not sure why this happened. I fixed an error where a division of CSS wasn't closed, and a repeating closing tag. Neither of these helped!

This website was functional within the past 4-5 months. The last update I tried to make was to add another page called "start-page." I made my own template and have been updating them via the editor and Dreamweaver respectively. I'd really appreciate any insight! Thanks

-Kenny

kenny_ 05-21-2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenny_ (Post 2021044)
Hey guys, I've been developing a website on dashzip.com, and all of the images all of the sudden stopped showing up. I developed this website from scratch, and am in the process of finishing it. I really am not sure why this happened. I fixed an error where a division of CSS wasn't closed, and a repeating closing tag. Neither of these helped!

This website was functional within the past 4-5 months. The last update I tried to make was to add another page called "start-page." I made my own template and have been updating them via the editor and Dreamweaver respectively. I'd really appreciate any insight! Thanks

-Kenny

If anyone can't locate my .css please let me know! I'm pulling my hair out over this! :shock:

HTMLBasicTutor 05-21-2013 12:56 PM

Put something in here. It throws the browser for a loop when it is empty:
HTML Code:

<title>  </title>
You forgot to put the url of your stylesheet here:
HTML Code:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="" />

kenny_ 05-21-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor (Post 2021232)
Put something in here. It throws the browser for a loop when it is empty:
HTML Code:

<title>  </title>
You forgot to put the url of your stylesheet here:
HTML Code:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="" />

Code:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="<?php bloginfo( '#' ); ?>" />
Code:

<title>

<?php        /*        * Print the <title> tag based on what is being viewed.        */        global $page, $paged;        wp_title( '|', true, 'right' );        // Add the blog name.        bloginfo( 'name' );        // Add the blog description for the home/front page.        $site_description = get_bloginfo( 'description', 'display' );        if ( $site_description && ( is_home() || is_front_page() ) )                echo " | $site_description";        // Add a page number if necessary:        if ( $paged >= 2 || $page >= 2 )                echo ' | ' . sprintf( __( 'Page %s', 'twentyeleven' ), max( $paged, $page ) );        ?>

</title>

That's what the values are for those fields. They are there so I have the option to add a blog section in wordpress. It was code sampled from the twentyeleven template.

HTMLBasicTutor 05-21-2013 04:47 PM

When I answered I had looked at the rendered coding on the page at the domain you gave.

This is what my copy of twentyeleven has for those parts that are not rendering:
Code:

<title><?php
        /*
        * Print the <title> tag based on what is being viewed.
        */
        global $page, $paged;

wp_title( '|', true, 'right' );

// Add the blog name.
        bloginfo( 'name' );

// Add the blog description for the home/front page.
        $site_description = get_bloginfo( 'description', 'display' );
        if ( $site_description && ( is_home() || is_front_page() ) )
                echo " | $site_description";

// Add a page number if necessary:
        if ( $paged >= 2 || $page >= 2 )
                echo ' | ' . sprintf( __( 'Page %s', 'twentyeleven' ), max( $paged, $page ) );

?></title>

Code:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="<?php bloginfo( 'stylesheet_url' ); ?>" />

kenny_ 05-21-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor (Post 2021257)
When I answered I had looked at the rendered coding on the page at the domain you gave.

This is what my copy of twentyeleven has for those parts that are not rendering:
Code:

<title><?php
        /*
        * Print the <title> tag based on what is being viewed.
        */
        global $page, $paged;

wp_title( '|', true, 'right' );

// Add the blog name.
        bloginfo( 'name' );

// Add the blog description for the home/front page.
        $site_description = get_bloginfo( 'description', 'display' );
        if ( $site_description && ( is_home() || is_front_page() ) )
                echo " | $site_description";

// Add a page number if necessary:
        if ( $paged >= 2 || $page >= 2 )
                echo ' | ' . sprintf( __( 'Page %s', 'twentyeleven' ), max( $paged, $page ) );

?></title>

Code:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="<?php bloginfo( 'stylesheet_url' ); ?>" />

So since I haven't gone as far as to add the blog posting feature; should I remove it? Will that fix my website? It was working perfect with that php in there before. This is what confuses me most! :roll:

kenny_ 05-23-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kenny_ (Post 2021292)
So since I haven't gone as far as to add the blog posting feature; should I remove it? Will that fix my website? It was working perfect with that php in there before. This is what confuses me most! :roll:

After toying with those fields located in header.php, I'm pretty certain they aren't the issue. I'm stumped at this point!

Edit: Worst part is, I found that I didn't add a semi-colon to the end of a line of CSS, and that wasn't even the problem! So beyond confused.