Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   SEO Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Competitor Backlinks (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=426955)

sunilhealthcare 02-18-2018 10:53 PM

Competitor Backlinks

Hello all,

How to get the backlinks of the competitors?

Ord Allenbea 02-18-2018 11:17 PM

Who Cares? Why Waste your time?

The path you are choosing to go down is going to be a long one that will cost you much valuable time that could be used for other constructive things.

HTMLBasicTutor 02-18-2018 11:43 PM

Before you go down this path please read:
Quote:

Columnist Julie Joyce explains why copying your competitors' link profile might do more harm than good.
Why I Never Mine Competitors’ Backlinks

If you choose to discover what your competitor's backlink profile is this is good information to find out where they are not backlinked from and where you can earn some useful backlinks from.

jackluter 02-18-2018 11:52 PM

you need to find competitor backlink sites list then look at onces some important tools

competitor backlink checker
seo profiler

Chupa 02-19-2018 11:12 AM

Use a quality backlinking tool like Ahrefs or Majestic to pull profiles that are relevant to you. You should just pull blindly like the Joyce article states, you need to look at the sites and the links as there are a lot of crap links you will come across.

Another favorite thing I like to do is look for Top 10 lists and just pitch to their sites who have competitors listed - assuming your product or service is up to snuff.

One other tactic that has worked very well for me with hobby niches is to pull keyword rankings for a major forum or site like a subreddit. Mine all the keywords and group them together. You can create killer content this way and with the backlinks you find and quality on-page you should start hitting up some rankings.

kiruthi_18 02-21-2018 04:05 AM

First you have to look out your competitor site quality and then notify from where build backlinks & notify it has relevant for you then you decide build from your competitor site.

Use competitor backlink checker tool

AndrewSkyler 02-21-2018 04:12 AM

Use ahrefs to search for competitors' backlinks and imitate them

A more advanced way is to look up their guest posts on other websites and ask them to change those links with your link (meet them better requests: money, better posts, ... need to practice a lot.

sam657 02-21-2018 04:45 AM

Use some tools like back link watch and ahrefs to know about competitor's back linking. Personally I haven't got any benefits from this technique but you can try.

jeanniemay96 02-21-2018 04:55 AM

If you want competitor backlinks there are100 of free SEO tools, but if you go paid like ahrefs, SEMrush, you will get exact data and you can grab their all backlinks data.

sree31 02-21-2018 05:17 AM

I've used seoprofiler and found it to be quite useful. It allows you to apply various filters (e.g follow/no-follow, DA, date, etc) to find the high quality domains that you can target.

pavani25 02-22-2018 04:18 PM

SemRush is the best tool for Back link Audit and analytics, it will clearly show how many back links that particular web page or website having and first time appeared and last time appeared, trust score, DA and other attributes it will show clearly. I think we can use it for analysis purpose but better to have your own strategy and implementation as per your niche category.

donaldgreeve 02-22-2018 06:55 PM

SEMRush is great for keyword research but it doesn't show nearly the amount of backlinks that Ahrefs or Majestic shows.

Ord Allenbea 02-22-2018 08:21 PM

And exactly why none of you get top rankings for good keywords and don't make any money online... Not one of you listen. You rather do things the hard way and waste a great deal of time.

DA, Trust, Spam Score - Nothing to do with rankings on ANY search Engine
MOZ period has nothing to do with rankings
SEMRush gets their info from Google
Chasing competition is a complete waste of time and resources

donaldgreeve 02-22-2018 08:42 PM

How exactly is looking at the competition a waste of time? It can potentially help to identify keywords you would have never thought of, help with finding some easy backlink opportunities, and figure out content gaps that you can then use as part of your own content strategy.

nasrilah 02-23-2018 01:43 AM

Hi,

still a newbie here. how does backlinks help us in terms of seo? Will it increase our website ranking in terms of keywords we want or random keywords? Still a long way to go for me...

LMD 02-23-2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nasrilah (Post 2325783)
Hi,

still a newbie here. how does backlinks help us in terms of seo? Will it increase our website ranking in terms of keywords we want or random keywords? Still a long way to go for me...

Have you read any of the SEO forums here to try and get your answer? Try that first, then ask what you are unsure of.

crismanaon 02-24-2018 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ord Allenbea (Post 2325733)
Chasing competition is a complete waste of time and resources

Not only completely waste of time and resources, even that could be dangerous for your site because there is not any mechanism that will tell you which link is causing harm to your competitor's and they have disavowed those links...

Ord Allenbea 02-24-2018 12:06 PM

It's called semantically related words... Chasing competition is the dumbest thing some wannabee marketer came up with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by donaldgreeve (Post 2325737)
How exactly is looking at the competition a waste of time? It can potentially help to identify keywords you would have never thought of, help with finding some easy backlink opportunities, and figure out content gaps that you can then use as part of your own content strategy.

logroller 02-25-2018 07:06 PM

I don't agree that capturing similar backlinks to competitors is bad. It is bad if your competitors have junk links and you're copying them. However, it's an easy way to find good links and close the gap between you and your competitors. You might also be able to take their links with the skyscraper technique.

shrithika 02-26-2018 04:18 AM

Hi,

Seoreviewtool is one of the best sites to know your competitor backlinks which provides the information with the anchor text whether it is No-follow or Do-follow.