Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   New Member Introductions (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   *Kicks His Computer* "Pay Up!" (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208045)

ahopkins321 09-01-2010 07:18 AM

*Kicks His Computer* "Pay Up!"

Hi, My names Andrew, I'm new here, I'm looking to gather some more information about buying & reselling domain names. Seems like an easy enough way to make this computer pay me, ... Right? So, if your a domain reselling wiz and wanna share some secrets, let me know, I'm all ears! I pretty much get the jist of it.. I think... Shorter the better, closer to .com the more profit, etc etc, but I have a feeling there is a great deal of knowledge that I'm lacking and I may be wasting money buying non-profitable domain names! eg. shyt.net - (Couldn't pass it up lol)

*wipes his brow*

Whew introductions are always so hard!

So, moving onward, I hope that maybe someday soon, one of you will answer one of my "Soo, what do I do now?" questions!

Andrew!!

Belinda 09-01-2010 07:23 AM

Hi Andrew, Welcome to V7N. I think you should be a writer, blogger. Anyways good luck with your interest, I'm sure you will get plenty of help from the good folk here. :)

ahopkins321 09-01-2010 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belinda (Post 1475274)
Hi Andrew, Welcome to V7N. I think you should be a writer, blogger. Anyways good luck with your interest, I'm sure you will get plenty of help from the good folk here. :)

Im not a good writer, I don't know what I'd write about either! But if all else fails, I suppose I could give it a go.

Cricket 09-01-2010 10:32 AM

Hey Andrew! It's nice to have another Texan on board. I am afraid I cannot help ya with buying and selling domains because I never want to sell mine. I am one of the weirdos that just keeps on buying them because I "might" use them someday. Grab a cup of coffee and explore the community. I think you will enjoy it. :)

ahopkins321 09-01-2010 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cricket (Post 1475360)
Hey Andrew! It's nice to have another Texan on board. I am afraid I cannot help ya with buying and selling domains because I never want to sell mine. I am one of the weirdos that just keeps on buying them because I "might" use them someday. Grab a cup of coffee and explore the community. I think you will enjoy it. :)

I've been staring at the forums for the last several hours trying to take in the vast amount of information offered. But what I'd really like to know is.. who has the cheat sheet to break all these "Terms" down?? How am I supposed to know if my PR13 has an SEO equiped DO-Follow blog that has backlinks and can burn my pot of coffee?

Its like, Im reading it, and Im understanding it then, Bam, a term I don't know them Im lost and starting over lol.

Cricket 09-01-2010 10:43 AM

LOL! Over time they will all make perfect sense. In the meantime, when you aren't sure, just ask! Just don't burn my coffee. ;)

dontworry 09-01-2010 12:09 PM

hi and welcome V7N Community

Have a nice Day

snakeair 09-01-2010 09:04 PM

Welcome to the forum. Cricket is not sharing her coffee with me.

TheRACK 09-01-2010 09:58 PM

lol welcome to the board!

& im with you cricketttt!
I have sooo many lol, it's like a hobbie :X lol.

vash 09-07-2010 04:47 PM

I enjoy buying Domain names... having less luck selling them but am slowly starting to monetize them. namepros.com is probably the best of the domaining type forums that I have found anyway, be interested to know if you have any more that you use and like!