Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Webmaster Revenue (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Ad views to ad click ratio (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414274)

techguy99 04-04-2017 11:07 AM

Ad views to ad click ratio

I was wondering what other webmasters - who rely on ads for revenue - were getting on their ad displays to ad clicks?

On average i only get 3 or 4 clicks for every 1000 displays of the ads on my sites. I don't know if these figures are good, bad or average. But if they are low then perhaps I need to make the ads more prominent.

techguy99 04-05-2017 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vishnurexbob (Post 2287543)
On average 5 to 6 clicks on every 1000 viewer is not bad. On an survey it is concluded that on every 1000 traffic there is an average 10 clicks on ads. And your may be somehow needs improvement. As a matter of fact you must analyze ads. Analyzing ads are not an difficult stuff. Make an average of 10 clicks, then accordingly it would be better.

The ads are from Adsense so i don't get control over what ads are shown. How do you Analyze ads from Adsense? Can you get to see the stats on which ads were most popular?

vaguar 04-05-2017 10:35 PM

Here are some stats for you to look at http://www.smartinsights.com/interne...through-rates/

Industry average CTR for display ads is only 0.05%, yours is at 0.3 - 0.4%, so it's not bad. But do take a look at the breakup of various ad formats and check out the stats for the formats displayed on your site. These will be more relevant figures.

shibaa987 04-28-2017 08:34 AM

3 or 4 clicks per 100 views does not seem to bad at all, at least to me. Vagur has already explained about the CTR (Click Through Rate) for this.
Next is, you cannot compare others as long as your website content is not in the same niche as others. That matters a lot.

Don't add too much of ads to your website to make it more prominent. It will lower your CTR and hence other factors of your revenue

If I understand the exact motive of the question correctly, which is basically to maximize the revenue, then go for CPM based ads which yield you revenue just for displaying ads on your website. There are so many good CPM networks out there.

I hope it helps you.

imided70 04-30-2017 12:22 PM

3 to 4 click this is not good why because your ads is not showing for your viewers. Insert ads to the top position of page. And get reward with CTR. When audience will view inserted ads they will click it.

snakeair 04-30-2017 04:35 PM

I prefer to not put ads just in peoples face's. They are there for the content, not there for ads. If the blog post/content does not fill there needs and they see an ad that does, they will click on it.

Remember the above the fold penalty Google slapped people with awhile ago. User experience is important in regards to SEO.

Mix affiliate links and AdSense to earn good money.

sarthakk 04-30-2017 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeair (Post 2290483)
I prefer to not put ads just in peoples face's. They are there for the content, not there for ads. If the blog post/content does not fill there needs and they see an ad that does, they will click on it.

Remember the above the fold penalty Google slapped people with awhile ago. User experience is important in regards to SEO.

Mix affiliate links and AdSense to earn good money.

That's a Good Idea, maybe I can try this.

aflat9 05-02-2017 08:43 AM

Not far off"

Quote:

Originally Posted by techguy99 (Post 2287538)
I was wondering what other webmasters - who rely on ads for revenue - were getting on their ad displays to ad clicks?

On average i only get 3 or 4 clicks for every 1000 displays of the ads on my sites. I don't know if these figures are good, bad or average. But if they are low then perhaps I need to make the ads more prominent.

I'm getting around 4 - 5% on average on SEO clicks and about 15% from PPC. Display ads I'm getting less than 1% - these are usually super low!

Miguel Portela 05-03-2017 04:08 PM

With Ad block the number of people that see the ads will keep on reducing.
Making it a big problem for adsense. I think affiliate links can be part of the solution.