Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Webmaster Revenue (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How often do you check your visitors and earnings statistics? (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202973)

GeorgeKuipers 08-03-2010 06:06 AM

How often do you check your visitors and earnings statistics?

Gents, easy but insightful poll. How often do you check your visitors and earnings statistics?

- Every minute
- Every hour
- Several times a day
- Few times a week
- Few times a month
- Never

PS. I have a time-consuming habit of checking stats every hour. Since I have many sites and income sources, that takes some considerable time (can't do anything with it).
To what extend do you have the same?

mammarose 08-03-2010 07:05 AM

I check my adsense every morning...helps me start me day with a smile when I see what I made yesterday.

billy_the_sound 08-03-2010 07:56 AM

same, i check them every 2 hours, in my everyday activities.

snakeair 08-03-2010 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeKuipers (Post 1451846)
Gents, easy but insightful poll. How often do you check your visitors and earnings statistics?

- Every minute
- Every hour
- Several times a day
- Few times a week
- Few times a month
- Never

PS. I have a time-consuming habit of checking stats every hour. Since I have many sites and income sources, that takes some considerable time (can't do anything with it).
To what extend do you have the same?

I check my site stat's about once every hour (only when i am home and online). I just want to see where my traffic is coming from and make any adjustments as fast as possible to increase it if possible. Once and awhile i'd check it 2 times a day. (morning and before bedtime)

GeorgeKuipers 08-04-2010 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeair (Post 1452314)
I check my site stat's about once every hour (only when i am home and online). I just want to see where my traffic is coming from and make any adjustments as fast as possible to increase it if possible. Once and awhile i'd check it 2 times a day. (morning and before bedtime)

I am promising this (twice a day) myself already for 9 years, but still cannot control myself:mrgreen:. There is so much excitement and real-time feeling in the stats checking for me (taking into account that every 15 minutes I get 250-300 new visitors).

But, man, it eats time.

sheril 08-04-2010 04:51 AM

i check the status of my site every 15minutes.. just want to make sure no one is spamming. and keep everything goin on fine.

gamestoenjoy 08-04-2010 06:01 AM

I check my adsense and statistics every day at the evening.

I update my game site regularly with new games,
and I want to check what are the hot games
according to the visitors of the site,
in order to promote them.

snakeair 08-04-2010 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgeKuipers (Post 1452621)
I am promising this (twice a day) myself already for 9 years, but still cannot control myself:mrgreen:. There is so much excitement and real-time feeling in the stats checking for me (taking into account that every 15 minutes I get 250-300 new visitors).

But, man, it eats time.

lol

I have been home for an hour and checked my stat's 2 times. Nothing really changed that much either. It's just like adsense. Ya check your earnings about every hour thinking it'll be a big payday but it's the same old earnings each day. :(

It's addicting checking your stat's. I always want to know where my traffic is coming from and what my visitors like the most. Just gives me idea's on what to work on.

webmasterforums 08-04-2010 06:33 PM

I login to my adsense once a month and visitor tracker once a week.
What I believe is many peoples waste their time just going through the stats of their site searching for referral , keywords .....
That is just a time waste. We will not get success by viewing the stats we get success by working more.

escapee 08-05-2010 02:07 AM

I used to check my stats/adsense several times a day when I just started (4 years ago) :lol:, but now I check my Adsense/stat once every afternoon.

byesadness 08-05-2010 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mammarose (Post 1451891)
I check my adsense every morning...helps me start me day with a smile when I see what I made yesterday.

What if the earning wasn't that good? :mrgreen:

escapee 08-05-2010 06:23 AM

Quote:

What if the earning wasn't that good?
I guess the typical emotional response would be "mild depression" for the rest of the day. :)

sfod_d223 08-05-2010 03:28 PM

I check the several accounts that I have twice a day. Keeping the login pages bookmarked helps alot.

CheckDavid 08-05-2010 04:39 PM

I almost never take a look it it.

Since it is mainly personal, my main indicators are how much feedback I get.

smartosufyan 08-06-2010 10:41 PM

it depends upon my work usually i check Few times a week

SEODir 08-08-2010 08:08 AM

Several times a day

GeorgeKuipers 08-08-2010 09:11 AM

Upss, seems like I am the most inefficiently time-consuming-attracted to stats checking.
Now, the question would be how to fight with this addiction? Any experience?

CheckDavid 08-08-2010 01:08 PM

You should check with your doctor xD

snakeair 08-08-2010 03:11 PM

George the only way to fix this is to not go online but that's just not going to happen.

BTW, i just got online after going to the baseball game and checked my stat's already. lol

GeorgeKuipers 08-08-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheckDavid (Post 1455952)
You should check with your doctor xD

Seems like a good advice, but I have so many joy-habits causing the need to visit a doctor, so I decided not to visit him at all.