Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Writing For The Web (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Steps used for writing an Effective Article (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=409830)

wordpress buddy 11-28-2016 05:33 AM

Steps used for writing an Effective Article

all the steps which are used in Article writing .

snakeair 11-28-2016 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wordpress buddy (Post 2271670)
all the steps which are used in Article writing .

I have my own methods but I will share a blog post in which I should really follow myself more then a few times a month.

https://www.thebalance.com/how-to-wr...rticle-1360733

Woomeister 11-28-2016 06:43 AM

Know what it is you are trig to say, and make sure you can describe what you want to say in a single sentence. If you can’t then change your idea.

Establish a clear structure to your article, your reader should be led strongly by the hand through your article, not left wandering around wondering where the piece is going.

The Tone you choose is vital. Anger, condescension, general whining or being a smart arse won’t help.

Choice of language e.g If you are selling high tech products make sure the language used suits, an informal approach will be bad for your image.

inthanhdat 11-29-2016 07:46 AM

I usually write the PR people have other content to websites, which put the keywords and links to customers can visit the website

Woomeister 11-29-2016 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inthanhdat (Post 2271861)
I usually write the PR people have other content to websites, which put the keywords and links to customers can visit the website

This makes no sense?:?

RayyyY 12-01-2016 06:54 AM

Some of the steps of writing an effective blog in my opinion is that it doesn't have too much text. many people don't have a big attention span so small paragraphs looks more appealing.

Add images to help display what the content is about and help provide some context.

There are lot of other ways to write an effective blog, as well as plenty of bad ways.

Woomeister 12-01-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashavpower (Post 2271969)
use bullets and proper use of keyword density
proper paragraph with justifying content using these techniques help you to generate effective content in websites and even in blog

keyword density is not something that you should worry about. Naturally written articles have a natural amount of keywords. There is no keyword density that works better.

I've ran tests using 1.9% through to 5.9% as the highest density and none out perform the others when all else is equal. The only keyword density to avoid is a high one.

pinkisaggar9 12-01-2016 11:44 PM

In my opinion, while writing an article you should address your audience's needs. Your wording should be simple, depicting your clear-cut ideas. Adding content related images or visuals is a good option.

aavazeh 03-06-2017 01:45 AM

in one sentence write for your audiences.. ;)

snakeair 03-06-2017 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aavazeh (Post 2283628)
in one sentence write for your audiences.. ;)

Short post but the best answer. To many people write for the search engines and want to know the max amount of keywords they can squeeze into a blog post.

I have never did this. I just write what I want to write and make sure I get those green circles in the post since I use Yoast SEO.

Also I have a paid editor that helps do some SEO tweaks to the blog posts and fix's grammar. I hammer her with work daily. (dr. evil laugh)

vaguar 03-06-2017 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeair (Post 2283650)
I just write what I want to write and make sure I get those green circles in the post since I use Yoast SEO.

I've always wondered about that. SEMrush tells me to include the keyword once in the title, once in H1 and at least once in the body text. It doesn't insist on repeating the keyword in the body text. Whereas Yoast makes me repeat the keyword over and over in the body text until the circle goes green. So who's right? SEMrush or Yoast?

Woomeister 03-10-2017 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaguar (Post 2283833)
So who's right? SEMrush or Yoast?

Yoast is very outdated/basic in my opinion. Its more of a ones size fits all basic tool. It's renowned for slowing down loading speeds of sites too.

I add to Page title, H1 and maybe a synonym in an H2. Once in main body...I find that adding it right at the end works great (A/B tested this to death) So if semrush is advocating this then I would have to say they are on the money. :)

vaguar 03-10-2017 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woomeister (Post 2284506)
Yoast is very outdated/basic in my opinion. Its more of a ones size fits all basic tool. It's renowned for slowing down loading speeds of sites too.

I add to Page title, H1 and maybe a synonym in an H2. Once in main body...I find that adding it right at the end works great (A/B tested this to death) So if semrush is advocating this then I would have to say they are on the money. :)

Thanks! I've been looking forward to a clarification.

surya kumar 03-11-2017 12:08 AM

First main targret is for Audience requirement then thinks about keyword stuff without affecting my original content Ofcourse sometimes it doen't shows green but not matters to me.

Woomeister 03-11-2017 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaguar (Post 2284520)
Thanks! I've been looking forward to a clarification.

No problem, glad to be of help. :)

WhiteElement 03-12-2017 02:49 AM

I was pretty dog**** at this (Probably still am but have improved I think).
What I found to be essentiel to myself is creating a word document (before writing) and actually writing the structure as well as some headlines for every paragraph. Every headline stands for the content within one paragraph.
That really keeps me on topic.
Otherwise I tend to drift away from the actual topic.

webgeek247 03-13-2017 03:15 AM

I just wing it freestyle and tweak tweak tweak until it's good enough and then publish. Can easily update the blog/article at any time if I want to add additional information to it. That method works fine for me.

Woomeister 03-13-2017 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by webgeek247 (Post 2284765)
I just wing it freestyle and tweak tweak tweak until it's good enough and then publish. Can easily update the blog/article at any time if I want to add additional information to it. That method works fine for me.

So are you advocating people should just 'wing it' then? ;)

As the op did ask for 'effective writing tips'.

:)

webgeek247 03-13-2017 04:56 AM

I'm saying sometimes I don't always plan it and use the freestyle method. Sometimes you can overthink/over analyze things which makes it look not as natural or easy to take in the information. :)

snakeair 03-13-2017 05:12 AM

I have a topic in mind and do write down some things I want to get into depth with or do research on so I know I am write. I get brain farts at times.