Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blogging Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Checking for do follow blog backlinks (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357087)

mattylad 12-03-2013 03:29 AM

Checking for do follow blog backlinks

Hi guys,

My very first post here, an SEO amateur on a route for work domination. I have a question, can anyone help with how to check if links (either urls or anchor text) are DO follow?

Some sites say you can right click, but I don't get any option to view as DO of NO follow...

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Matt

Elaine Smith 12-03-2013 03:51 AM

To check if a particular site or forum allows dofollow backlink or not, go to the site page, check the source code....check the hyperlinks....if a "rel=nofollow" is used, it means it allows nofollow links only...if you find no "rel" attribute, it means the site allows dofollow links.

mattylad 12-03-2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elaine Smith (Post 2076978)
To check if a particular site or forum allows dofollow backlink or not, go to the site page, check the source code....check the hyperlinks....if a "rel=nofollow" is used, it means it allows nofollow links only...if you find no "rel" attribute, it means the site allows dofollow links.

Thanks elaine.

would there be any reason why some links in my blog posts are do follow and some are no follow?

Ajit 12-03-2013 07:25 AM

The Best and Easiest what i follow is Installing a Browser add on seo quack, and to check the do follow and no follow gets pretty easier.

On the right side top of the browser you will see seo quack small icon click on it and Tick yes on strike-through "nofollow" and noindex.

Thats it now when ever you will open any site all the nofollow links will be strike and you will know which one is do follow and which one is no follow.

bhavukdz 12-07-2013 06:13 AM

There are many tools available over internet, try No-dofollow tool for Mozilla Firefox browser
just right click and select no-dofollow than it will give you do-follow links in pink colour and no-follow links in blue colour

arunkallarackal 12-07-2013 10:30 PM

There are many browser extensions to make sure whether they are dofollow or nofollow links.

syrena143 12-11-2013 10:18 PM

If your are using firefox browser then go to addons section and search for nofollow addon then install it.
It will show you dofollow link with blue color and nofollow link pink color

vignesh676 12-11-2013 10:22 PM

When using google chrome or firefox, you can add extensions by just searching for dofollow. you will get multiple add-ons of which you can select any one as per your needs. Mostly these add-ons highlight the link to show whether it is a do follow or a no follow link.

kennedykangu 12-12-2013 04:38 AM

Press control + U on your keyboard to view page source and look for a no follow tag where your link is