Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   SEO Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Why we use pipe line in site title tag. (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=257306)

piper01 06-22-2011 12:12 AM

Why we use pipe line in site title tag.
 
Hello Friends,
Today I ask a question "Why we use pipe line (|) or commas in site title tag?"
He say more of the site are using that's why we!!I argument with him But I am not satisfy of this answer .

Can any body give the answer ?????

seogame 06-22-2011 03:36 AM

when i use 2 or 3 keyword then i use for sparred them thats`y i use |

luring 06-22-2011 05:12 AM

Pipeline or other symbol does not matter!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by raunaqrayait (Post 1688414)
Well you ask a very wonder question out here.Many web masters use to pipe between keywords.Any i want say that using stop letters like( | - will make your job harder.As these is not acceptable by search engines.
If Webmaster thinks that a title of page like "Web design and hosting" or "Web design | hosting" is a effective title, then they will surely going to get hard time to compete against a Website which have a titled "Web Design Web Hosting". Using a stop letter (means a words which have no meaning are never be indexed by Search engines) and by doing these you will losing your search engine traffic like a sand from your hands.
If you are still confused you can ask me your questions.Or i will recommend you to get information about a term Keyword Proximity.

Thanks,
Raunaq Rayait


In your point you are right because you are saying one keyword or keyphrases. But when you want to two or three keywords in title such as web design company OR web development services, then you can use any thing whether it it a pipe line ( | ), ( - ), ( , ) ( > ) or any other symbol, it does not matter.

djpoint 06-22-2011 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luring (Post 1688479)
In your point you are right because you are saying one keyword or keyphrases. But when you want to two or three keywords in title such as web design company OR web development services, then you can use any thing whether it it a pipe line ( | ), ( - ), ( , ) ( > ) or any other symbol, it does not matter.

And i just add a little to it that although you can use commas or any other symbol that you want but pipe line neatly separates multiple keywords, and the structure looks clean in the title tag of a website.

rujuta 06-22-2011 06:23 AM

:imo:
There is no special reason to use pipeline or comma, but it is choice of the person what to use. For Search engine and user comma or pipeline is not important, it is used only for separate the words or keywords and to make it more readable. Personally I use mostly comma because when we use pipeline it takes 2 spaces before and after but when we use comma there is only one space after comma not before, so that way we can show more words in SERP. ;)

indybail 06-22-2011 10:46 AM

I use it in my title. I believe it improves and clarifies my website mission statement in the search results and thus I get more conversions.

timestandstill 06-22-2011 10:51 AM

"Why we use pipeline in site title tag - Webmaster Forum" would make no sense without the dash there. I don't think there's anything more to add.

Hulbert Lee 06-22-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piper01 (Post 1688332)
Hello Friends,
Today I ask a question "Why we use pipe line (|) or commas in site title tag?"
He say more of the site are using that's why we!!I argument with him But I am not satisfy of this answer .

Can any body give the answer ?????

I think the pipe line is just a clean symbol to separate a website title and a webpage title. For example: Lose Weight | A Guide To Lose Love Handles

seo9 06-23-2011 02:18 PM

You can use lots of different delimiters. However, personally, I think the pipe looks much neater and clearly breaks keyphrases/words.

sydneyseoconsultant 06-23-2011 02:55 PM

It is just something different, that is all. You want to try to break up the title tag, so you can use whatever suits.

cheese 06-23-2011 03:49 PM

It helps break up the title tag, and it looks cool. I use it whenever I want to seperate my keywords used in the title.

karmadir 06-23-2011 11:48 PM

Pipe and comma are used to target more than 1 competitive keyword for search engine.

jasondefoe 06-26-2011 09:36 PM

It's nothing but to segregate your key phrases.

lbre 06-26-2011 09:47 PM

This is a great question. I have always wondered if the pipe was better than the dash or comma. After looking at top ranking sites there seems to be a combination of both. I don't see too many sites using commas in the title tag to seperate keywords though...

jacksamwhite 06-27-2011 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piper01 (Post 1688332)
Hello Friends,
Today I ask a question "Why we use pipe line (|) or commas in site title tag?"
He say more of the site are using that's why we!!I argument with him But I am not satisfy of this answer .

Can any body give the answer ?????

You have to use a separator in title of web pages while targeting more than one keywords on it. There are three separators which used widely in title, and they are: comma (,), pipe (|) and hyphen (-). You are free to use any of these in your titles, they have same effects in the context of SEO.

steveschmidt85 06-27-2011 02:31 AM

its just a separator i think you can any of them you like. and as per your requirement. i would suggest comma as it takes less space

piper01 07-14-2011 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rujuta (Post 1688519)
:imo:
There is no special reason to use pipeline or comma, but it is choice of the person what to use. For Search engine and user comma or pipeline is not important, it is used only for separate the words or keywords and to make it more readable. Personally I use mostly comma because when we use pipeline it takes 2 spaces before and after but when we use comma there is only one space after comma not before, so that way we can show more words in SERP. ;)

I comfortable in ur ans :D

PalmGeo 07-15-2011 05:41 AM

You can use Pipe line or comma. Both are used to separate different keywords. Webmasters use Pipe line instead of comma because it is a clear symbol to represent a different keyword has no meaning for search engines.

mjtaylor 07-19-2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacksamwhite (Post 1691498)
You have to use a separator in title of web pages while targeting more than one keywords on it. There are three separators which used widely in title, and they are: comma (,), pipe (|) and hyphen (-). You are free to use any of these in your titles, they have same effects in the context of SEO.

I don't believe you have to use any separator for SEO purposes. I believe it's entirely a question of usability.

A.Gray 07-19-2011 02:39 PM

Why not use pipeline. They look clean and cool.
Sure I see here using a comma gives u more space but imo more keywords isn't necesarly better.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:05 PM.

3.8.7