Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Google Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   How long Google will recover my ranking? (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=423669)

daniel160 12-08-2017 12:23 AM

How long Google will recover my ranking?
 
Someone hacked my site 2 months ago and when I opened my site from Google it showed" this site may be harmful to your computer".. I removed all the pages of my site and deleted all the virus ( by avast), reuploaded them to server and google search console showed it's ok, but actually all the keyword rankings dropped completely and couldn't find any of them in top 10 pages ( was on 2,-3 pages before). How long will google recover my ranking and what should I do now ? it's been 2 weeks.

LMD 12-08-2017 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel160 (Post 2317313)
Someone hacked my site 2 months ago and when I opened my site from Google it showed" this site may be harmful to your computer".. I removed all the pages of my site and deleted all the virus ( by avast), reuploaded them to server and google search console showed it's ok, but actually all the keyword rankings dropped completely and couldn't find any of them in top 10 pages ( was on 2,-3 pages before). How long will google recover my ranking and what should I do now ? it's been 2 weeks.

Sorry about the hack. I feel your pain.

Well, I hope the very first thing you did was to change all passwords, FTP, site login etc - and made them extremely hard ones.

Secondly, I don't know what kind of site you have, but if it's WordPress, install a good security plugin like Wordfence. If not WordPress, I can't help with the security.

Now, how long do you wait? Until Google is good and ready. Concentrate on other things while waiting. Querying Google every hour is like watching paint dry. It'll eventually happen, but now while you are watching. ;)

shaun-m 12-08-2017 07:19 PM

I have had a money site hacked in the past and it took around two weeks in my case for the site to return to the SERP possitions it had pre hack.

tommyjansson 12-09-2017 03:43 AM

On which page of Google your site was ranking pre hacking?

Rosenborg 12-14-2017 02:42 PM

If you want google to crawl your page faster and show that your site is fine again, then create a couple of links. Just to get googles attention.

WM-Scott 12-19-2017 01:22 PM

Penalized by Google
 
Long time ago, I tried getting getting BL's from this funky website, and Google penalized me big time, I was bumped from Page 1 to about Page 50. It took many months before I recovered. I know this is not the same as your situation but you could in for a long recovery period. Good Luck.

pavani25 12-23-2017 05:03 PM

It depends on various things and multiple reasons. One of our customer's website with page rank 4 penalized in 2012, it was revoked in 2017 starting. It took that much time to recover. So before you are going get a break link from a low quality website please confirm its page authority and other factors.

LMD 12-24-2017 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavani25 (Post 2319045)
One of our customer's website with page rank 4 penalized in 2012, it was revoked in 2017 starting. It took that much time to recover.

I'm really interested in what you did to tank your customer's site.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pavani25 (Post 2319045)
So before you are going get a break link from a low quality website please confirm its page authority and other factors.

PA means nothing, as it's not part of G's algo. All you have to do is use your eyes and brain to figure out if a potential backlink is worthwhile trying to obtain or not.

anandsoft 12-25-2017 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daniel160 (Post 2317313)
Someone hacked my site 2 months ago and when I opened my site from Google it showed" this site may be harmful to your computer"..

Has the Google manual review process been completed? Once the review process is completed, they would send an email, normally. The site would be ranking again in due course of time, which may be any where from 15 days to one month. However, the ranking may or may not be the same as before, in my experience.

jeanniemay96 01-24-2018 05:28 AM

If your website reindexes done through search engines your ranking will have google dance.then your keyword ranking will retain automatically from search engines.so there is no exact time, based on your website performance it will happen.

LMD 01-31-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanniemay96 (Post 2322960)
based on your website performance it will happen.

Well, as long as "it" will happen, I guess we can all go home now.

zerofire2905 02-07-2018 12:01 AM

It could be long... All you need is patient.

It's not the situation like penalty or black hat way(of course by bad people who want your site down). All you need to do is disavow bad links.

However, when you decided to repost your site it will a different story. Hmm, I feel like you build a new site and tell Google that. I think it will take at least 2 months when all your backlinks are back.

LMD 02-26-2018 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by technotronics (Post 2326009)
The average time to recover from a hacked site is 7.49 days.

Care to back your statement up with a reputable source? Because I was going to say 7.61 days. :lol:

crismanaon 02-26-2018 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMD (Post 2326080)
Care to back your statement up with a reputable source? Because I was going to say 7.61 days. :lol:

I am sure he can't understand this as he just focus to increase the no. of posts

LMD 02-26-2018 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crismanaon (Post 2326082)
I am sure he can't understand this as he just focus to increase the no. of posts

I'm just wondering if Mohali is located somewhere up in the mountains where the air is quite thin.

alexbliop 02-26-2018 05:24 PM

As a suggestion, after you cleaned your site, make sure to resubmit your sitemap. That can help only in crawling your pages again, but no one knows exactly when your site ranking will be back. That can take a week, months or more depending on what Google use as signals and updates.

Additionally, if you have a sitemap in HTML format, you can use the Fetch as Google tool, then, submit that URL for Index with all its direct pages. That option is powerful and I tried it once.

BTW, make sure you update your post if your site recovered, that helps a lot.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:36 AM.

3.8.7