Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blog Promotion (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Have you tried Blogrush? (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67671)

CodeChick 09-17-2007 12:55 PM

Have you tried Blogrush?

Hi everyone,

I just came across something called Blogrush - a blog syndication network to increase blog traffic.

Has anyone here used it, is it OK and does it work? Would appreciate your opinions. I was considering trying it but wanted to know what you guys think 8)

Jeffro2pt0 09-17-2007 01:20 PM

Yes. If you look at my LATEST BLOG POST you can read my review of the service on my site. Please tell me what you think of the review and the service (IF YOU USED IT)

micksss 09-17-2007 01:51 PM

I just signed up for it. Thanks for the info

CodeChick 09-17-2007 02:07 PM

Thank you so much for replying, I thought your review explained it well. Thank you for that info.

I havent used the service yet, I just found out about it.

I just felt a bit concerned that as i'm quite new to all this I'm far from being a big blog player and although I get a nice amount of traffic now its not huge(which is why I was looking for other ways to promote). I just wonder on the stats of it would you get seen enough? However I am thinking that any good honest and free promotion is a good thing:)

Do you know how targetted it is? I mean are the categories quite tight niches or broad areas eg Health? I need to go look at that I think as well. I welcome any further thoughts...

schmeg007 09-17-2007 06:07 PM

It just came out 2 days ago, so don't expect anyone with any experience on it yet ^_^

Because this widget operates just like a pyramid scheme, you need to get in on the ground floor to get the most out of it. The longer you wait, the less people you can get to sign up under you, and the fewer page view credits you'll receive.

Hey, it's free, try it out for a while and see if it gives you any traffic. And if it doesn't work out you can always take it off, amirite?

shahbaz419 09-17-2007 11:11 PM

Yeah it works fine with me ..you can read my Review too!!

Carter 09-17-2007 11:41 PM

I have given it a go. Not sure about how much traffic it will give me, but it's worth getting in early :D

CodeChick 09-18-2007 01:05 AM

Thank you guys for your replies.

I did not know it was that new! That a good point schmeg and Carter about getting in early and yeah you're right if does work thats just great, if it doesnt yield I can always take it off. I will read your review as well shahbaz, appreciate that.

Thanks guys:D

andygen 09-18-2007 02:18 AM

Seems like very nice, may be I will try it too :)

guinanie 09-18-2007 07:35 AM

I think it is a good tool for the syndication of blog and for possible traffic. I will try it and will sign-up in Sign up.

ianternet 09-18-2007 09:36 AM

possible traffic is key - I wrote a post about smaller blogs and how non beneficial it is for them - pretty controversial as well

I think this will be very useful for bigger bloggers - because they start the buzz which equals to the hype

small blogs - they have not establish brand yet so it will be harder for them

bobchrist 09-19-2007 08:20 AM

I have not gone through the video tutorial but it seems to be something like sphere it.

dee_el07 09-19-2007 11:36 AM

haven't tried it yet.. But I've heard that Blogrush can really help you to boost your traffic.. well, i guess i need to sign up now for me to see the effect.. ;)

upsonians 09-21-2007 10:44 PM

well i haven't tried it yet but i m going to get it.let see what happens.Thx

NSD101 09-23-2007 07:20 PM

I just read the demo of blogrush and seems like effective. I'm going to try it and let you know if it works good. Thanks for the info though.

eXweso 09-24-2007 03:10 AM

Its pretty new. Good concept. I have seen a few irrelevant links there and I don't want to risk my blog SERPs for some amount of traffic.

upsonians 09-24-2007 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CodeChick (Post 699425)
Hi everyone,

I just came across something called Blogrush - a blog syndication network to increase blog traffic.

Has anyone here used it, is it OK and does it work? Would appreciate your opinions. I was considering trying it but wanted to know what you guys think 8)

I saw a thread at dp that google adsense is against it.
I seen it just today.So be aware of it.

CountryBoy 09-27-2007 04:57 AM

I've tried it and frankly I was very disappointed. All it achieved was to slow my blog, spam my inbox and alienate my readership. Has swiftly been removed and confined to the scrapheap.

mjesales 09-27-2007 10:13 AM

I put it up there - but I havent' checked the stats to see if it is getting click thrus. I kind of liked it.

CodeChick 09-28-2007 10:10 AM

Thank you all for your views. Sorry I havent responded before I just got back from my hols :) I signed up for it just before I went away.

At the moment the dashboard is down so I cannot check stats to see how it is going , I think they are doing some work on that and it says it should be OK in a few days. I got a couple of e mails from them- I gather from skimming them theres been some teething problems- which I guess are to be expected, early days yet. They do seem to be working on it...
I see you can now change the "flavour" as they call it of the colours so its fits in better with your blog.

Bit concerned upsonians if you say you have seen google adsense is against it. Do you have any more detail on that?

ianternet, I read your post re smaller blogs and that is a concern for me, I'll just see how it goes for now.

I also think it may be better if some of the categories were tighter which I think they are looking into. However I think I just need to see how it is going once I can see my stats!! Great hearing all your experiences so far, thank you :)