Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Google Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Google seo question relating to index sitemap? (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261081)

jason830 07-12-2011 06:32 PM

Google seo question relating to index sitemap?

Will Google index all my backlinks after my site is indexed completely, i have got about 800 backlinks from working very hard on seo but wondering whether google will index them after indexing my new site?

HTMLBasicTutor 07-12-2011 08:13 PM

I think you are a bit mixed up with terminology and how the process works.

Google indexes a site's pages. It and the other search engines/directories have spiders (bots) that go around the net looking for new sites, new pages on existing sites and updated pages on the sites they already know about.

What you need is for Google to find the pages where you have your backlinks so it's bot will follow your link on that site to your site thus discovering the page on your site. If these are existing pages then you have to wait for the search bot to come back to the page and find the new content. How often the bots come back to existing pages depends on how often the site is updated.

If you have an HTML site map and/or really good consistant navigation on your site (i.e. same main navigation on each and every page) then this will help all the search bots find the rest of your pages resulting in the whole site being indexed eventually.

johnsander 07-12-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason830 (Post 1703102)
Will Google index all my backlinks after my site is indexed completely, i have got about 800 backlinks from working very hard on seo but wondering whether google will index them after indexing my new site?

I think not all may be google index only do-follow backlinks and leave no-follow links.

seogenies11 07-12-2011 11:06 PM

Indexing of your site and Indexing of back links is altogether a different thing. Search engines will not crawl both the things simultaneously.

satyendratm 07-13-2011 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jason830 (Post 1703102)

About indexing of back links: Google follows same process in indexing every websites and links that website has, if your backlink on the other websites is at some prominent place link in footer or in navigation.

If your link is on some new web page or very deep page then it will take time in indexing same link.

Also new website indexing is different process then back links, if Google continually indexing your website then their is no problem in indexing new design of your website.

C.Rebecca 07-13-2011 05:00 AM

Backlink has nothing to do with your web page indexing. If you are throwing you backlinks on popular websites which frequently get crawled, your backlinks may get crawled faster than your webpages.

Its all about discovery of your backlinks and webpages by the crawler.

SambiaNikole 07-13-2011 05:16 AM

I have heard a lot of things about indexing, i was wondering if there is a link to a good piece of content, will that be indexed with different priority then the one with bad quality. For the first time.

Michael 55 07-14-2011 01:41 AM

A lot of the ideas mentioned above are pretty much on point.I would love to see the answer to the above question,well the "noindex" means do not index that page. "follow" means that the links on the page should be crawled as normal.

clydefrog 07-14-2011 11:07 AM

it'd be the other way around. they'd index your site after they find a backlink to your website. o.o