Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blogging Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   [Help] I'm Planning to launch a new blog (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342634)

Aditya Dey 05-20-2013 01:15 AM

[Help] I'm Planning to launch a new blog
 
I need some helps/suggestions, as I'm about to start my new blog later this month...In my new blog I'll write about the latest tech news (It won't be a 'how to' or 'tutorial' based tech blog) around the world... I just wanna know that while launching how many posts should be there before submitting my blog to the search engine webmaster tools? What things I need to do in the first week for my new blog? I'm looking forward to some gr8 suggestions, plz guide me through...

I want to index it quickly...how can I do it...??? Also provide all the tips that will help me to drive traffics to my blog....The tips should work in 2013 too, as I heard Google has changed its algo, and some techniques are useless now like reciprocal link building and all....

supportivehands 05-20-2013 07:36 AM

Write 10-15 posts and publish them for the first time and then submit your blog to Google Webmaster Tools. Regarding with quick indexing, you can fetch the URL from Google Webmaster Tools and get a few backlinks from frequently updated sources. i.e. from forums..

In initial days, you should dedicate your time for two jobs.
1. Build content.. Post regularly and frequently on your blog
2. Build backlinks. Do guest blogging and blog commenting. Submit articles to article directories. You need to build all backlinks by your own as others don't know about your blog in its initial age and no one will bother to link to it.

Aditya Dey 05-20-2013 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supportivehands (Post 2020772)
Write 10-15 posts and publish them for the first time and then submit your blog to Google Webmaster Tools. Regarding with quick indexing, you can fetch the URL from Google Webmaster Tools and get a few backlinks from frequently updated sources. i.e. from forums..

In initial days, you should dedicate your time for two jobs.
1. Build content.. Post regularly and frequently on your blog
2. Build backlinks. Do guest blogging and blog commenting. Submit articles to article directories. You need to build all backlinks by your own as others don't know about your blog in its initial age and no one will bother to link to it.

I have two questions for you......

1) Should I publish 10 posts all together in a single day (day of launch), or should I post it one by one....???

2) What is the right time to submit the blog to the webmaster tools? (within 24 hours or later).....

Please reply back....

Maa 05-27-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya Dey (Post 2020792)
I have two questions for you......

1) Should I publish 10 posts all together in a single day (day of launch), or should I post it one by one....???

2) What is the right time to submit the blog to the webmaster tools? (within 24 hours or later).....

Please reply back....


No, do not publish 10 posts all day. You could post a blog post every other day or every couple of days. You can submit your blog to the search engines anytime. You can't submit your blog to webmasters tools. Do you mean making a sitemap? If so, you can do that anytime.

snakeair 05-27-2013 08:09 PM

Think about this 10 blog posts a day is a lot to write but it's to much for your visitors to read in a day. If you do 10 a day, your visitors if you have any would have to take off work a few days a week to read all of them.

I do about 4 to 5 blog posts a week sometimes less but I allow a few guest blog posts during the week.

Aditya Dey 05-27-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeair (Post 2023257)
Think about this 10 blog posts a day is a lot to write but it's to much for your visitors to read in a day. If you do 10 a day, your visitors if you have any would have to take off work a few days a week to read all of them.

I do about 4 to 5 blog posts a week sometimes less but I allow a few guest blog posts during the week.

But at that time do I have any readers? I mean itz just an infant, none knows about it...should I publish some contents first before going fr promoting and bringing readers to it?

serverhub 05-29-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya Dey (Post 2023283)
But at that time do I have any readers? I mean itz just an infant, none knows about it...should I publish some contents first before going fr promoting and bringing readers to it?

I don't see why you can't promote it now, as long you provide quality content the readers will always come back.

SENitro 06-04-2013 08:13 AM

Slow and steady wins the race. I would do one a day and I would not worry about backlinks initially. The last thing you want to do is get sandboxed by Google. Google will find your site and as it crawls your site it will continue to add your content daily. Add the site to your forum signature. Create a twitter account and netwotk with people. Find other bloggers in your niche and stary networking with them, this will open up some guest blogging opportunities. Tjese tactics will produce natural traffic and results. If the content is good, your visitors will share your content, retweets your tweets etc. You won't get results over night just be patient.

ericchoo 06-04-2013 11:08 PM

I think you can promote once you have few articles on it. It is good to keep the content unique and useful to the user. It will grow up faster.

Aditya Dey 06-09-2013 01:25 PM

What does 'a few' exactly refers to here? Can u give me a rough number?

condo123 08-26-2013 03:12 AM

The best way to start a blog is to create great content. If you have great content then the next thing is to optimize it for search engines, SEO takes a lot of time and you should try to devote time to optimizing only a few articles at first to drive traffic.

If this takes to much of your time try to hire freelancer article writers or SEO specialist from sites like odesk or if you dont have the money try using something like Favoroo to raise some money to pay for these blogging expenses.

If you are going to devote a lot of time you may want to start with promoting on Twitter, automating tweets can work well if you have a large following

MaryPabs 08-26-2013 05:08 AM

There is no limit how many blog posts you create in a day, you can create as many as you can but make sure they are quality posts, they are useful to your blog readers.

You also don't' need to submit to search engines they would be submitted automatically and they would be indexed regularly if you work on your blog regularly creating content.

The more activities you make on your blog creating content, promoting your blog to other similar sites, blogs etc., the faster indexing rate you would get.

kseher77 08-27-2013 07:58 AM

I would prefer posting 40 posts in 60 days in start. I will write 40 posts and then submit them together to search engines. In the mean time, I would try getting high PR backlinks from relevant sites. Finally, I will use google webmasters and fetch URL there for quick indexing. This is my way to get importance from search engines.

thefandango 08-28-2013 06:28 AM

Always better to write one great post a week than 10 rubbish ones.

What is the goal of your blog?

MikeQ 08-29-2013 02:18 AM

Yes, it mainly depends on your writing skills, creativity and uniqueness you provide via blogging, think of users first instead of thinking about earning.... it would grow without any doubt.

Marko_V 09-01-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya Dey (Post 2020660)
I need some helps/suggestions, as I'm about to start my new blog later this month...In my new blog I'll write about the latest tech news (It won't be a 'how to' or 'tutorial' based tech blog) around the world... I just wanna know that while launching how many posts should be there before submitting my blog to the search engine webmaster tools? What things I need to do in the first week for my new blog? I'm looking forward to some gr8 suggestions, plz guide me through...

I want to index it quickly...how can I do it...??? Also provide all the tips that will help me to drive traffics to my blog....The tips should work in 2013 too, as I heard Google has changed its algo, and some techniques are useless now like reciprocal link building and all....

Don't worry about submitting your blog to search engines... It will happen sooner or later.

And don't expect to grow too quickly... This is the industry where you will have huge competition. In your place, I would write something like "opinion column" rather than general "tech news."

Why?

There are many, many different tech news blogs and websites. Many are focused on one specific topic, and they already have big audiences. I mean, you will have to fight with teams of experienced bloggers and reporters. Many people already have their favorite blog, why would they transfer to yours?

So, you can offer some deep research about the news and fresh, new opinions... (this is just the suggestion. You should do whatever you think is the best.)

Good luck! Maybe you'll become the next Michael Arrington. :) (founder of the TechCrunch)

irshad321 09-04-2013 06:49 AM

Don't put 10 or 15 articles at a time. You can start from one article. Just try to post regularly and at the same time you published yesterday. This will help Google to index your posts fast.

Don't forget to do some keyword research before writing.

ccna35 11-02-2013 03:32 AM

you can use tech websites to get some news and build some backlinks and use social media

HunterWoods 11-02-2013 02:44 PM

In the start you can just make a bunch of posts, and backdate them, spread across different dates, so it looks like they are added frequently, but not all in once.

snakeair 11-02-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HunterWoods (Post 2070259)
In the start you can just make a bunch of posts, and backdate them, spread across different dates, so it looks like they are added frequently, but not all in once.

Backdate may not be a good idea if someone was to look up the domain register date. ;)

For a new blog, I would write 1 blog post everyday for 7 day's straight and then go about every other day writing one besides promoting the blog online.

Get Google to index the blog content so get a lot of content up in the first few week's. These day's the if a blog post of your's lands on someones social media account and they very popular, your blog post could go viral and BAM, spike in traffic but yet you have to keep those people interested in coming back the next day. lol


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:44 PM.

3.8.7