Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Web Directory Issues (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   what is problem? (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=192368)

jameswebamith 06-07-2010 07:23 AM

what is problem?

hi to all
During directories submission i found that in some directory tell me that your site is already submitted but in search result there is no display of my site.
can any one suggest me?
it may be possible that i have submitted my site but that was not approved?
thanks in advance for reply

Puripong 06-07-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jameswebamith (Post 1410679)
hi to all
During directories submission i found that in some directory tell me that your site is already submitted but in search result there is no display of my site.
can any one suggest me?
it may be possible that i have submitted my site but that was not approved?
thanks in advance for reply

You have understand correct, your submitted one has not been approved yet. :) I would recommend checking carefully before submitted again, most of rejected reason are because of duplicated or spam attempt submission.

Jeperry 06-08-2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Puripong (Post 1410711)
You have understand correct, your submitted one has not been approved yet. :) I would recommend checking carefully before submitted again, most of rejected reason are because of duplicated or spam attempt submission.

Yes, and without approve you can not see your site details.

Thanks

Belinda 06-08-2010 09:18 AM

Track your submissions using a simple excel spreadsheet or if using a directory of directories check off the ones you have submitted to.

sheril 06-21-2010 12:47 PM

yes its true that you see the error as your submission is not yet approved. keep a record in the directories that you have submitted using notepad..

micheal123 07-15-2010 10:09 PM

Yes this issue come it is not big problem.If you face this matter then you use any deep link of your website it will easily submitted in that directory.

adddirectoryp 07-27-2010 12:53 AM

Your site may have not approved yet.

Scootek 07-27-2010 12:58 AM

Actually I have noticed that there are directories have errors of their own. I know I have definitely submitted to some sites, and it still tells that the site has been submitted etc. Especially given the site is one day old or something. I see a lot of this and my view is there is an issue with the directory.

seocompanyindia 09-03-2010 11:20 PM

Hello friend,

yes it is possible that you have already submitted your site but it is not approved by admin so there is no search result found.so you submit link carefully.

highseo 09-05-2010 11:32 PM

Directories approve free submitted websites with a lot of time delay in most cases. So you have listed your website to those directories but as it takes about some months that you see your website approved in those directories, you thought that you didn't submit your website to them and you submitted it again.
I suggest you to save a list of directories that you have submitted your website to them and check that list before submitting your website to other directories to prevent duplicate submission because maybe if you submit your website more than 1 time in some directories, the admin of that directory mark you and your website as spammer and doesn't approve your website.

leena1 10-12-2010 11:18 PM

Some directory sites take more time to approve or your submission may be rejected. My opinion is submit your site in new directory sites, which saves your time.

webgold 10-16-2010 04:29 PM

It is possible it was not approved, but who did you submit it to? If it was DMOZ forget about followups of anykinds. Anyone else, unless their guidelines frown on it send them an email or do a whois and check for a direct contact.

Dan 01-02-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scootek (Post 1446402)
Actually I have noticed that there are directories have errors of their own. I know I have definitely submitted to some sites, and it still tells that the site has been submitted etc. Especially given the site is one day old or something. I see a lot of this and my view is there is an issue with the directory.

This is actually more common than people might realise.
  • There could be a problem with the directory's database whereby all submissions are tagged as "already submitted".
  • The directory is one of a network, where all the databases are interlinked, or copied.
  • You may have submitted, not remember, and your listing is waiting in the pending queue to be reviewed.

mjtaylor 01-03-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micheal123 (Post 1438383)
Yes this issue come it is not big problem.If you face this matter then you use any deep link of your website it will easily submitted in that directory.

How could this help? Few directories accept deep links.

mjtaylor 01-03-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adddirectoryp (Post 1446395)
Your site may have not approved yet.

How many times was this already said in this thread? The first correct answer gets rep from me. :mrgreen:

Seriously, folks, we are here to help one another, right?

sarenarichard 01-05-2011 04:50 AM

Always search for your url in directory first and then submit. Otherwise twice or thrice submission will be considered a spam.

MelS 01-06-2011 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sheril (Post 1420834)
yes its true that you see the error as your submission is not yet approved. keep a record in the directories that you have submitted using notepad..

I will also add - keep in mind that with some directories, it may take months before your link gets approved unless you pay some membership fee. With DMOZ, you can wait a year or even more. Just don't resubmit.

fastreplies 01-06-2011 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scootek (Post 1446402)
Especially given the site is one day old

That is what mind bugging when you try to submit brand new site and it says " URL is already in Database".
I tried to submit my clients’ freshly baked day old sites only to found that error and this is very frustrating.

As Dan says it could be DB malfunction or operator simply disabled form and posted default error.

:(

fastreplies

jimtsap 01-06-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Belinda (Post 1411635)
Track your submissions using a simple excel spreadsheet or if using a directory of directories check off the ones you have submitted to.

This is the perfect way to contol your submissions.
Dont send twice your submissions.

As for your problem. Try to remember if you have submitted it. If you didn't then try to find your url inside the directory. If someone stranger to you submitted it you should contact with the web directory and claim your url back!

Brian Lara 02-13-2011 11:14 PM

Hi,I think Some directory sites take more time to approve your submission may be rejected.