Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Writing For The Web (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   How To Ensure Your Content Stays Evergreen (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416129)

HTMLBasicTutor 05-28-2017 11:08 AM

How To Ensure Your Content Stays Evergreen

Is your content evergreen?
Quote:

For those of you not familiar with the term “Evergreen”, it’s content with NO expiry date. Many bloggers emphasize the importance of evergreen content because it will continue to provide value throughout the years. Personally, your content marketing should be based on this concept simply because of the benefits. For example, if you’re marketing a product through your content, then through an evergreen approach, you can make profit for years going forward. If your content is relevant, then it’ll provide value years down the line, increasing overall ROI. However, many bloggers fail to implement this strategy into their marketing. Next,

Taking advantage of this strategy doesn’t have to be stressful because all you have to do is follow specific guidelines when creating your content. I’ve outlined some of the important elements below that will ensure your content stays evergreen and doesn’t expiry with time...
Continued: How To Ensure Your Content Stays Evergreen

Pena 06-13-2017 08:12 PM

It nails a point. But how can we well predict what will happen next?

HTMLBasicTutor 06-13-2017 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pena (Post 2296361)
It nails a point. But how can we well predict what will happen next?

You can't. You just try to make your evergreen content as excellent as you can (updating as possible) so it stays relevant.

Pena 06-13-2017 09:09 PM

Yep. If we can share some new thoughts, good thoughts in content, they will help our blog.

nick_westlife 06-18-2017 09:16 PM

Your writing is great, this is why John Chow is the top money maker online. Coming to the discussion, I believe that updating your blog post with latest information on it or updates about that definitely helps. For example, if you have a blog post on iPhone 8, then cover all the rumors and leaks about it. Google loves updated content.

I have made a habit of updating my blog post regularly so that they can stay fresh.

Julia Sta Romana 06-20-2017 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nick_westlife (Post 2296964)
Your writing is great, this is why John Chow is the top money maker online. Coming to the discussion, I believe that updating your blog post with latest information on it or updates about that definitely helps. For example, if you have a blog post on iPhone 8, then cover all the rumors and leaks about it. Google loves updated content.

I have made a habit of updating my blog post regularly so that they can stay fresh.

I agree. Online content doesn't stay evergreen forever. Updating the information and media that supports it would ensure that your blog post continues to be relevant.

Mike Cartwright 07-01-2017 04:40 PM

Couldn't agree more. The only way to ensure that your content is evergreen is to write something that you can update. Updating information is not only a good way to attract readers, it is also about being a responsible blogger.

ramkry 07-03-2017 03:55 AM

Yes i do agree that we need to update the content. It is also equally important that we need to mention the revision date in the beginning of the blog post This is to gain trust with the reader.

apoorvsukumar 07-03-2017 11:34 PM

1. The things you write in your article must be original and relevant.
2. Update the content if you figure out that now you have much better knowledge on the article on which you wrote in previous times.
3. Keep updating the article with good relevant visuals(Images/videos).
4. Include latest info about the article and let your users know that you keep updating your article and you are a responsible article writer. This will generate faith in users regarding your posts.

vaguar 07-04-2017 08:55 PM

Pick certain topics that will remain evergreen e.g. 'Life hacks' over 'effective link building techniques'.

hariomyogarishikesh 07-04-2017 10:25 PM

Good thread here. As huge demand for content for the website or SEO campaigning, a writer how to create uniqueness in each content after writing a large amount of content every day?

Sam frodo 08-12-2017 12:37 PM

first of all my brother this is the rule of this world nothing stays evergreen.As time changes,people changes their interest changes.Everything is subjected to a change so wanting something to be evergreen is like wanting sun and stars.Just keep updating your blogs, forums etc is the best thing you can do

vaguar 08-14-2017 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam frodo (Post 2303918)
first of all my brother this is the rule of this world nothing stays evergreen.As time changes,people changes their interest changes.Everything is subjected to a change so wanting something to be evergreen is like wanting sun and stars.Just keep updating your blogs, forums etc is the best thing you can do

Point of this discussion is that content can be made to stay evergreen. Please read the article posted above and comment on topics mentioned in the article.

Autokinitakias 08-30-2017 10:47 AM

Well that's a nice thread.

I hear you people saying that we have to update our content and I agree. But is it possible this update ruins the ranking our post already has?
What if we even change the title (H1) of our post? Will this harm my rankings?

HTMLBasicTutor 08-31-2017 08:30 AM

Yes updating existing content could change your ranking - in a good way or bad.

Why would you want to change the title or H1 tag if you are ranking already?

HTMLBasicTutor 09-04-2017 09:31 AM

Some tips from pro blogger Darren Rowse from ProBlogger:
Quote:

...types of evergreen content that you might like to try on your blog...
17 Types of Evergreen Content for Your Blog

Scroll down. There is a transcript of his podcast plus a link to the actual podcast.

HTMLBasicTutor 09-04-2017 09:49 AM

Here is another reference article for creating evergreen content:
Quote:

...How do you get the large and consistent reader base you want? -With your content. What you post is what will draw in readers and entice them to come back so the key is to make your content durable. How do you create content that is evergreen, not time sensitive? What should you write for your blog that will be long-lasting rather than transiently interesting? Here are some tips and things to keep in mind for writing durable content for your blog...
Writing Evergreen Content for Your Blog