Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marketing Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Fiverr Gigs that work (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335750)

warezqq 03-07-2013 07:44 AM

Fiverr Gigs that work

Hey all,

Everyone here probably knows Fiverr. The site where you can buy almost anything for $5.

Unfortunately many of these services offered on Fiverr are crap and not worth even the little money.

Fortunately some of these services offered on Fiverr are really worth the money you spend. Perhaps everyone could share his ordered gigs that were a bargain with great results.

Do not try to promote your own gigs as this would spoil the thread - you can make a thread on the "The Webmaster Marketplace" if you want to sell something.

I would start but don't have enough posts yet to write url's in them so :oops:

Please respond in the following template.

Title of gig:
Description of gig:
Review of gig ordered:
URL of gig:

fluffythewondercat 03-08-2013 07:26 AM

It's been quite a while since I bought a Fiverr gig and felt I received exceptionally good value.

Most sellers are trying for volume so they can earn the most money for the least amount of work. That's not the kind of attitude that creates happy customers.

Recently I tried a case study of Fiverr logo sellers. The idea was to buy logos from 10 different sellers and choose the best one, but I got stalled after buying six. There are hundreds of people selling logos but 98% of their work stinks. Some colored text and a piece of clip art do not a logo make.

fLufF
--

Speed23 03-08-2013 03:57 PM

Fiverr gigs offering designs, youtube views works. Others are just crap that don't worth the $5

tn5rr2012 03-08-2013 07:23 PM

My 2 Cents

So I am on Fiverr all the time as a seller and a buyer. I want to support other sellers and purchase one at least once a month. There are a lot of great offers on Fiverr from great sellers the idea though is to find the great services while wading through the sellers who are there for a quick buck and offer sub par services.

Here is the best gig I have found by far, one of the first sellers I noticed on Fiverr

Title of gig: I will video myself as a hippie
Description of gig:She will make video improvising your 40 word script as a *Hippie*
Review of gig ordered:Best by far, great delivery, clear audio and video
URL of gig: I can't post URL however you can find oldbittygrandma and her hippie gig if you search for it

jacksarlo 03-10-2013 04:06 AM

Some say crap other traffic gurus I can even put names of really good traffic experts do recommend them - I'd say it's pretty obvious there's the bad but also the good, just make sure to pick the good.

warezqq 03-10-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat (Post 1994669)
It's been quite a while since I bought a Fiverr gig and felt I received exceptionally good value.

Most sellers are trying for volume so they can earn the most money for the least amount of work. That's not the kind of attitude that creates happy customers.

Recently I tried a case study of Fiverr logo sellers. The idea was to buy logos from 10 different sellers and choose the best one, but I got stalled after buying six. There are hundreds of people selling logos but 98% of their work stinks. Some colored text and a piece of clip art do not a logo make.

fLufF
--

If you want to pay cheap for a decent logo you should post a contest thread on popular webmaster/design forums. You get tons of input and only pay the winner.

If you want to go a bit more professional logotournament.com is a nice alternative. You pay a few 100 $ and get 100+ professional logo's.

Anyway, back on topic: I have bought numerous great gigs for $5 on Fiverr. Off course, sometimes the result is not as expected but hey its $5 if you can't afford that :p

I also have my own gigs on fiverr and the return is nice. I do not advertise yet get alot of sales and everyone is happy with the results :)

Wisestepp 03-12-2013 03:44 AM

Yeah fiverr gigs works very nicely. As i got many responses on that. May be some people put fake to cheat but i do work much with that

GodMode 03-12-2013 04:28 AM

I think that you get what you pay for. There's a lot of crap mostly in the seo area. Altough you can buy testimonials or short video promos which are a fair deal for 5 bucks.

mugwande 03-12-2013 08:14 AM

I used to like fiverr and people could say bad things and I stand by it side but recently I checked on some of the written content I bought was a copped one!!! you can only use fiverr only when you are not buying gig from writters.

Briii 03-12-2013 07:30 PM

I used Fiver once, to get some royalty free background music. I paid $10 for a one minute long loop and loved it. That seems like the only useful thing you can get out of that website... either then a clown telling you happy birthday! (jk).

It's nice because you can listen to the users other work and pretty much tell if it's going to be good or not.

X_Gen 03-18-2013 07:32 PM

well, thanks to this thread. I've tried fiverr as a seller. It's great. I posted gigs and have one gig with orders. It's working really great for me as I can totally control my work and all. I am happy that my buyer got satisfied with the results. Fiverr is not bad at all.

kaizen11 03-20-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed23 (Post 1994807)
Fiverr gigs offering designs, youtube views works. Others are just crap that don't worth the $5

Thanks for that. I heard that fiverr was a good place to get graphical work done (i.e. FB profile headers, blog headers, etc.).

Now that you've confirmed it I'll have to give it shot.

iamseo 03-21-2013 11:27 AM

I prefer fiverr for video creation, there are two guys who create awesome video for me. I have used services like seo audit report which is not upto the mark.

Barry Page 04-04-2013 02:07 AM

It depends

Finding decent providers on fiverr is possible you just have to search through all the "possible" quality providers and make a short list...oh and prepare to lose a bit of money testing out different people.:D

games4aliens 04-04-2013 11:11 PM

How already was said there you can find many crap at seo and get traffic services... If you use that can hurt your website.....

ernies 04-06-2013 10:03 AM

SEO gigs aren't great unless you are looking for a very specific service. However if its a simple task like creating forum posts or web 2.0s, many people on Fiverr can do it well. And its only $5

semaphore.v 04-10-2013 06:26 AM

As I use some services from fiver and similar sites; I always preferred to work with top sellers of the niche. Animated video and intro, content writing and some internet marketing activates has good providers ..

GadgetsFactory 04-10-2013 10:45 AM

Learning a new language for $5 an hour was my best Fiverr purchase. Locals do charge over $20 an hour over here.

bluemouse2 04-11-2013 05:22 PM

fiverr is too overcrowded now... very hard to make new sales, i liked them especially in their first 2 years but things have changed..for me at least

Username_Forum 04-12-2013 06:03 PM

There are many gigs that work as well - my most visited categories are graphic designs and video&animation. Anyway, there are a lot of useless sellers on Fiverr - we do need to look very carefully for a quality one.

For link building and any SEO tasks, I would definitely choose SEOclerks.