Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Webmaster Revenue (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Are Coupons and Discount Website Make Money (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=392335)

tvtaddy7 09-14-2015 10:40 AM

Are Coupons and Discount Website Make Money

Is there anyone having a couponing website and he is making money with his coupon and discount website.

HlnMoore 09-14-2015 10:49 AM

I do not have couponing website .. but I came across some and it seems like they are among the best ranked and most visited websites .. Not sure if that is related to the "Coupons" idea or related to the behind the scene work .. and at the same time that does not mean that they are making money. However, more traffic means more Ads and that means more money .. :-/

lux452 09-15-2015 12:39 AM

According to me!! In most of the cases, coupon website works on a CPS (cost per sale) model. Basically, when someone clicks on a "Show Coupon" button a cookie is saved on the user's browser. Once he performs a desired action (here it is a product purchase), a pixel fires and both affiliate network and merchant website notes it down.
The number of pageviews or clicks along with conversion is already available in the control panel provided by affiliate network or merchant website.
Collaborating with affiliate network is a nice idea, as you get all the frequent updates. Moreover, it provides more flexibility to manage multiple campaigns and websites. This is why such affiliate network exists.

tvtaddy7 09-15-2015 05:19 AM

Thanks for the sharing your knowledge. I am seeing if a couponing business is feasible or not.

lux452 09-15-2015 10:38 PM

Hey there are many coupon sites which are making money through giving discount and offers on every products. for example:- Coupon Chief, CouponCabin or many more. dear.. You have to explore all those things what thier using for large visitor, and how they are using ideas for giving delas and offers.. also you can search many web tools for analyze things to compet .... :)

beat4all 09-17-2015 10:45 AM

Yes they are making good amount but you should have a team of min 10+ to try this . else you cant update coupon codes frequently and users gonna leave your site

lux452 09-19-2015 02:40 AM

Yes beat4all you are right..

homer7 09-19-2015 12:02 PM

There is a ton of competition in coupons/deals business, unless you have good budget to spend on ppc advertising, or you have good ranking which is tough, you won't make it.

if you can get targeted traffic you can easily convert it to into affiliate sales, coupon sites have a high conversion rates.

dferrell 10-05-2015 12:31 PM

They're very hard to rank, but if you take it serious and offer enough coupons then you can make a lot of money. However, I do think it's equivalent to promoting in the celebrity or make money online niche, as the competition is insane!

tvtaddy7 10-17-2015 01:04 AM

thanks for advice

Quote:

Originally Posted by dferrell (Post 2209455)
They're very hard to rank, but if you take it serious and offer enough coupons then you can make a lot of money. However, I do think it's equivalent to promoting in the celebrity or make money online niche, as the competition is insane!

It is the case with me, once we reach first page ranking and pretty soon its lost.

productsrobert 10-18-2015 10:06 PM

Why don't you share your personal experience with us as you are sharing coupons sites in your signature. Even I am curious to know about the way you started, resources, problems etc.

raman257 10-18-2015 10:37 PM

Ha Ha Ha....Why Not...Very Huge Amount.

Coupons and Discount websites earn much more than a normal discount providing blog.

J. H. Rasmussen 10-20-2015 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raman257 (Post 2211173)
Coupons and Discount websites earn much more than a normal discount providing blog.

What do you base that opinion on? Please add some details to your replies.

Coloradoskibum420 12-10-2015 11:46 AM

I have one that I run. It is still up and coming, but has made quite a bit of money recently. The key is outranking big sites like Retailmenot

anishrao 12-17-2015 10:23 AM

There are too many coupon websites. Competition is too high.
In my exp, it is waste of time. 90% of people shop directly at retailer website.

alemcherry 01-08-2016 12:36 AM

They work, even though getting traffic is not easy. Competition is obviously pretty high and it is not easy to get traffic to coupon sites. But if you can manage to get targetted traffic, you can make money.

In any nichec, there is few people making money and lot of people making nothing. So it is all about how well you face vs competition.

silver.moon 01-08-2016 03:46 AM

I dont think making coupon sites is a good idea. They are hard to rank, and ranks would eventually be lost unless you put in quality content.

And if you are willing to put quality content, then why make just a coupon site. Make a proper review site instead that has long term scope.

tvtaddy7 01-10-2016 01:15 AM

Creating a couponing and review site will be a good idea.

tuan109 01-13-2016 08:33 AM

can you share your experience to make money by this way?

FMF 01-22-2016 06:24 AM

What I once used to do is share coupon codes through YouTube videos but had little success with it. It can be problem in my part of execution. You can try out and figure out a way to utilize this platform as well.