Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/)
-   Getting Started With V7N (http://www.v7n.com/forums/getting-started-v7n/)
-   -   Are You Lost? Ask A V7N Moderator (http://www.v7n.com/forums/getting-started-v7n/163431-you-lost-ask-v7n-moderator.html)

Cricket 12-22-2009 11:42 AM

Are You Lost? Ask A V7N Moderator

Anytime you join a new community you are likely to feel a little lost at first. Perhaps you are not sure if something is against the rules, or you can't figure out which forum to post your question in, this is the perfect place to ask a moderator for help so that we can point you the right direction. Just post your question as a reply to this thread, and the first available moderator will respond.

DavidCDD 12-22-2009 11:56 AM

Is Cricket a robot and work 24/7? lol

Cricket 12-23-2009 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supportivhost (Post 1274978)
Is Cricket a robot and work 24/7? lol

I am pretty sure she is real. ;)

paul28 01-01-2010 02:30 AM

Cricket. HNY. My wife subscribed to myonlinediary.net. She kept an on-line diary for a couple of years. The site became inactive about six weeks ago and she can't get access.............she is naturally very upset. I have tried all the normal stuff. I did a whois. Contacted the domain host company and the domain admin. The admin/owner just picked up the domain name when it expired, so he was no use. The host has no content on its servers as the new owner has not set up a site yet. I need to find the company on whose servers the content resides (if it still does) to stand any chance. Any ideas?

Cricket 01-01-2010 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul28 (Post 1281437)
Cricket. HNY. My wife subscribed to myonlinediary.net. She kept an on-line diary for a couple of years. The site became inactive about six weeks ago and she can't get access.............she is naturally very upset. I have tried all the normal stuff. I did a whois. Contacted the domain host company and the domain admin. The admin/owner just picked up the domain name when it expired, so he was no use. The host has no content on its servers as the new owner has not set up a site yet. I need to find the company on whose servers the content resides (if it still does) to stand any chance. Any ideas?

Hi Paul!

Normally this section is for asking questing question about V7N. ;)

I noticed that there is no real archives for that domain on the Wayback Machine which is really quite strange. I have no idea which direction to point you as the odds of anyone having backup on the old site (besides the possibility of the previous owner) is pretty slim. :(

paul28 01-01-2010 04:29 AM

Good morning Cricket............sorry for posting in the wrong place, I wasn't sure. Excuse my stupidity but what is a 'Wayback Machine..........it sounds like a a line from an HG Wells book? Is there anywhere on the site I can pose the question or would you recommend another forum for something like this?

Hades 01-01-2010 07:33 AM

A Wayback Machine is an online archive of internet content where you can normally search for previous versions of websites that had disappeared or changed over time.

rajgupta 02-21-2010 07:51 PM

Hi mods.

I have gone through all the rules here and couldn't find anything that suggests that offering social book marking services is disallowed here, but then I have seen a member of two who have been baned, who have threads offering such services. So there is a doubt in my mind regarding weather it is allowed on v7n or not.
Also, if I have missed some portions of the rules that says it is not allowed please provide me the link to it.

Regards.

Cricket 02-21-2010 07:54 PM

Thank you for checking with us. :)

Just because you have noticed banned people who have offered social networking services, doesn't mean that is why they have been banned. ;)

We have a special section in our Marketplace for this service that should meet your needs.
http://www.v7n.com/forums/social-networking/

Please take a moment to read the special rules for that section.
http://www.v7n.com/forums/social-net...ect-lines.html

rajgupta 02-21-2010 08:49 PM

This is great.
I have never seen any staff as quick and ready to help members at all times like this.

Thanks Cricket.

Cricket 03-13-2010 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arefin10 (Post 1339243)
I'm very glad to join this forum. But i've to learn about this community to share my opinions. So please help me to move on and share my best regards. Thanks all.

Start with all the threads (including the stickies) in the following section, and you will have a good handle on this community. :)

http://www.v7n.com/forums/getting-started-v7n/

jazz93 03-14-2010 09:08 PM

Hi there - I introduced myself in Nov 09. I'm wanting to ask about building a basic website on which I can post lost and found old war pics to locate the families who 'own' them - this has been prompted by the recent theft of war pics from our family (which turned out to be valuable unbeknown to us) - now found again, thanks to a Google search, and about to be returned to us by our national library who purchased them at auction. Basically I want suggestions/advice for:
-which host would be best for this purpose (suggestions)
-including a blog to advertise our experience and hopefully expose the trade trail that I suspect is going on with regard to pics
(am aware there could well be legal issues here so no names mentioned)
Or any suggestions at all welcome
PS my experience is basic - have built a basic informational biz site with Yola which is not doing so well to be honest :(

Cricket 03-14-2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazz93 (Post 1339923)
Hi there - I introduced myself in Nov 09. I'm wanting to ask about building a basic website on which I can post lost and found old war pics to locate the families who 'own' them - this has been prompted by the recent theft of war pics from our family (which turned out to be valuable unbeknown to us) - now found again, thanks to a Google search, and about to be returned to us by our national library who purchased them at auction. Basically I want suggestions/advice for:
-which host would be best for this purpose (suggestions)
-including a blog to advertise our experience and hopefully expose the trade trail that I suspect is going on with regard to pics
(am aware there could well be legal issues here so no names mentioned)
Or any suggestions at all welcome
PS my experience is basic - have built a basic informational biz site with Yola which is not doing so well to be honest :(

It sounds like you might want to visit our Web Design Lobby first (ask your questions there) so that you can get a plan started and work from there. :)

jazz93 03-14-2010 09:24 PM

Thank you :)

jimkarterSEO 03-15-2010 11:37 PM

Good job cricket. If ever i will need a help concerning v7n i will contact you first. And btw, v7n is great. We need some more buyers to buy our service though ;)

Have a nice day.

Kind regards,
Jim

bizminder 03-17-2010 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cricket (Post 1274972)
Anytime you join a new community you are likely to feel a little lost at first. Perhaps you are not sure if something is against the rules, or you can't figure out which forum to post your question in, this is the perfect place to ask a moderator for help so that we can point you the right direction. Just post your question as a reply to this thread, and the first available moderator will respond.

Thanks for this post. I am really confused about the rules sometimes. I am a newbie to the SEO field and trying to get a lot of questions answered but when I tried getting my answers on other forums, I got thrown out; not sure why. Is it the number of posts per day? I did about 23 or 24 posts on one day and that's it. I was just too curious that day I guess :P.

It would be helpful it you could tell me what rules apply in this forum.....

Thanks in advance..!

Cricket 03-17-2010 02:10 PM

This should get ya started. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cricket (Post 1339244)
Start with all the threads (including the stickies) in the following section, and you will have a good handle on this community. :)

http://www.v7n.com/forums/getting-started-v7n/

AmySueN 03-17-2010 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizminder (Post 1342605)
Thanks for this post. I am really confused about the rules sometimes. I am a newbie to the SEO field and trying to get a lot of questions answered but when I tried getting my answers on other forums, I got thrown out; not sure why. Is it the number of posts per day? I did about 23 or 24 posts on one day and that's it. I was just too curious that day I guess :P.

It would be helpful it you could tell me what rules apply in this forum.....

Thanks in advance..!

Generally you'll find that v7n is a very friendly forum and if you accidentally post in the wrong place or innocently break a rule you'll get a gentle reminder and nudge to send you in the right direction.

On the other hand I've noticed that there's not much tolerance for users who purposefully and/or repeatedly break the rules. :twisted:

juliensimon 03-17-2010 05:22 PM

I'm lost.
where is the bathroom please? :D

sorry...nervous breakdown here

Cricket 03-17-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by juliensimon (Post 1342746)
I'm lost.
where is the bathroom please? :D

sorry...nervous breakdown here

Just follow Muddy. I hear it's his special hiding place. ;)