Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Controversial Social Issues (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Should You Move To Another Country To Escape The Collapse Of America? (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335881)

Franc Tireur 03-08-2013 12:59 PM

Should You Move To Another Country To Escape The Collapse Of America?
 
Quote:

Why are so many people leaving the United States right now? Over the past couple of years, an increasing number of Americans have decided that moving to another country is the best way to prepare for the collapse of America.

According to the U.S. State Department, an all-time record of more than 6 million Americans are now working or studying overseas. Of course many of those that have left the country do not believe that the U.S. economy is going to collapse, but without a doubt there are an increasing number of preppers that believe that now is the time to "escape from America" while they still can. And certainly there are a lot of reasons why the U.S. is becoming less appealing with each passing day.

In addition to our economic problems, crime is on the rise in our cities, our liberties and freedoms are being eroded at a frightening pace, political correctness is wildly out of control, and our corrupt politicians continue to make things even worse. But is life really that much better in the rest of the world?

The sad truth is that life in most other nations is more difficult than it is in the United States. Yes, there are some nations that are relatively stable and that look promising at first glance, but the truth is that moving to another country is never easy. If you plan to do it, there are some hard questions that you need to ask yourself first.

If you plan to move permanently to another nation, it would be wise to visit first. The way that things work in a foreign country is often very, very different from how things work in the United States. If you are not accustomed to being in a foreign culture, it can feel like your whole world is being turned upside down.

But of course it is definitely possible to make a successful transition to another culture. Millions of Americans have done it.
http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...yourself-first

Do you think that if the collapse of the US economy happen, the Americans will live the country to live overseas?

abhishek25 03-15-2013 07:04 AM

America is never going to collapse, its the worlds super power and knows how to escape from every problem

Franc Tireur 03-15-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhishek25 (Post 1997570)
America is never going to collapse, its the worlds super power and knows how to escape from every problem

Never learned from the Roman Empire or other old civilizations?

Jim Gillum 03-15-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Elements (Post 1997572)
Never learned from the Roman Empire or other old civilizations?

Perhaps...but we have ...

Just ask emperor Barack...

Franc Tireur 03-15-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Gillum (Post 1997629)
Perhaps...but we have ...

Just ask emperor Barack...

An emperor with new clothes? :)

searchbliss 03-15-2013 12:19 PM

The whole world is collapsing...oh wait, my world, not Earth. Never mind.

kju385 03-15-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by searchbliss (Post 1997657)
The whole world is collapsing...oh wait, my world, not Earth. Never mind.

To Mars then.... :mrgreen:

But seriously, I don't think there are many safe heavens left. Perhaps Norway, they found oil again :)

Franc Tireur 03-15-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kju385 (Post 1997659)
To Mars then.... :mrgreen:

But seriously, I don't think there are many safe heavens left. Perhaps Norway, they found oil again :)

Actually the Norwegians are very smart, I couldn't find any reason why other Western oil producers never follow this.

Quote:

The Government Pension Fund – Global (Norwegian: Statens pensjonsfond – Utland, SPU) is a fund into which the surplus wealth produced by Norwegian petroleum income is deposited. The fund changed name in January 2006 from its previous name, The Petroleum Fund of Norway. The fund is commonly referred to as The Oil Fund (Norwegian: Oljefondet). As of the valuation in June 2011, it was the largest pension fund in the world, although it is not actually a pension fund as it derives its financial backing from oil profits and not pension contributions. As of December 31st 2012 its total value is NOK 3.816 trillion[1] ($683.7;billion), holding one percent of global equity markets.[2] With 1.78 percent of European stocks,[2] it is said to be the largest stock owner in Europe.[3]

The purpose of the petroleum fund is to invest parts of the large surplus generated by the Norwegian petroleum sector, generated mainly from taxes of companies, but also payment for license to explore as well as the State's Direct Financial Interest and dividends from partly state-owned Statoil.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gov...Fund_of_Norway

Neontope 03-15-2013 05:58 PM

Do they count Canada as overseas? :P

kju385 03-16-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natural Elements (Post 1997694)
Actually the Norwegians are very smart, I couldn't find any reason why other Western oil producers never follow this.

Well, I believe the reason is quite simple - they prefer to leave the money in their own pockets.
It would take seconds for them to scream free market violation if that was suggested in the majority of countries :hee:

Franc Tireur 03-16-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kju385 (Post 1997962)
Well, I believe the reason is quite simple - they prefer to leave the money in their own pockets.
It would take seconds for them to scream free market violation if that was suggested in the majority of countries :hee:

So, we have three different bodies. The private sector, the government (wich is no more a public servant, but in fact a different entity), and The People.

Do you think this make the picture more comprehensible?

kju385 03-17-2013 08:17 AM

Yes, definitely. Some oil companies are private, others national (government has at least partial ownership) and the People are technically owners of the resources through the state. However, people usually don't have direct control over legislation which regulates oil production which makes it impossible for them to influence company policy. Government tends to control oil companies, as you already stated not always in the best interest of the people. Most of the time they use parts of oil profits to help national budgets, or to clean their own mess. Private sector prefers everything to remain free of regulation, which is impossible in oil industry due to various reasons.

You need a great deal of social awareness and cohesion to even start such a project. To manage it in a long run is another challenge. Don't get me wrong, I've been to Norway and have great admiration for their work ethic and skills. Just saying if it was easy, everybody would be doing it :)

SagarRox 03-23-2013 10:41 AM

Empires rise, empires fall. No big deal about it. Looks like these threads are just for promoting that blog.

Franc Tireur 03-23-2013 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SagarRox (Post 2000629)
Empires rise, empires fall. No big deal about it. Looks like these threads are just for promoting that blog.

Absolutly not, I have no affiliation with this blog :mrgreen:

Abhishek Anand 04-08-2013 05:13 AM

Everyone is unhappy with their country and I thought India needs to do better. All of us need to move forward, some, like us more urgently though.

John Scott 04-08-2013 06:14 AM

I hear Croatia is friendly for American ex-pats.

Franc Tireur 04-08-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Scott (Post 2006241)
I hear Croatia is friendly for American ex-pats.

Actually Croatia is a very nice country, its face Italy.

LindySto 04-08-2013 04:10 PM

I have heard this idea too ("escape America!"), but mostly from the kind of people who say they're going to move to Canada if their preferred candidate doesn't win the election. Reminds me of this comic: http://xkcd.com/180/

The few people I know that are serious about living in another country have put so much thought, time, and effort into it, that they have moved much further beyond the "escape America" idea. Maybe they like the idea of socialized health care, but they also understand that socialized health care has many drawbacks of its own. They know that it's going to be a long expensive process. Their reasoning for moving is usually due to family, work, or just feeling like their chosen country is a better fit for them- not "escaping" America.

Franc Tireur 04-08-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LindySto (Post 2006404)
I have heard this idea too ("escape America!"), but mostly from the kind of people who say they're going to move to Canada if their preferred candidate doesn't win the election. Reminds me of this comic: http://xkcd.com/180/

The few people I know that are serious about living in another country have put so much thought, time, and effort into it, that they have moved much further beyond the "escape America" idea. Maybe they like the idea of socialized health care, but they also understand that socialized health care has many drawbacks of its own. They know that it's going to be a long expensive process. Their reasoning for moving is usually due to family, work, or just feeling like their chosen country is a better fit for them- not "escaping" America.

I know a lot of French people moved to Bali, Indonesia. I think we French are much more interested by the quality of life than money. Since you mentionned socialized health care, I know that when I will be retired, I can go back in France and get my socialized health care for "free". Well not quite free because I will need to pay my contribution even if I live in another country.

If I could I would prefer the notion of world citizen, because as you can see the borders are being removed from many countries or bloc of countries as globalization develops.

snotrocket 04-10-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhishek25 (Post 1997570)
America is never going to collapse, its the worlds super power and knows how to escape from every problem

I disagree completely.

The U.S. dollar still serves as the world's reserve currency. However, many countries have lost faith or are losing faith in the U.S. dollar due to our climbing debt and clear inability to manage our money. There is a global push to have a global reserve currency with the belief that no single country should be able to control the world's economy the way the U.S. currently does. If this push towards a global reserve currency is successful it could completely destroy the U.S. economy.

Having said that, the idea of moving to other countries is tricky because many of them are socialist/communist with situations not unlike our own. Who was that actor that just left France to move to Russia because he was being taxed at something like 85%?

My 2 cents


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:27 AM.

3.8.7