Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/)
-   Controversial Social Issues (http://www.v7n.com/forums/controversial-social-issues/)
-   -   How's Education system in your country? (http://www.v7n.com/forums/controversial-social-issues/377880-hows-education-system-your-country.html)

Vineservers 12-13-2014 10:43 AM

How's Education system in your country?

Hello,

Education system here in india needs a change, Because of the division between SC,ST,OBC and General community students.

SC:- Scheduled Caste: Very poor "backward people", By there "CASTE"

ST:- Scheduled Tribe : People from tribal area.

OBC:- Other Backward Caste:- They are rich, And ruling our country atm.(Upper Caste)

General:- General People from Upper Caste

So the division is "RESERVED SEATS" for SC,ST peoples. If a student from a SC Community scores 55/100 and a student from General Community scores 85/100, The candidate of SC will most likely get the seat in any college. They get benefits in jobs too, on basis of preference. The reservation is about %49 and now someone has asked to increase it to 80%, Which is really pathetic!

"Goverment is not hiring deserving candidates"

And that's why we have the most corrupt system in this world. Though out TEACHING system is much better than our education system.

How's the education system in your country?

P.S:- No offence if there is any user from SC/ST community.

Regards!

laschke 12-15-2014 12:01 AM

Well, I did come here to talk about the poor education system here in the USA... but I feel that I may be a little spoiled.

I did not realize that in India they implement the caste system into education. That is really interesting to me. I just thought the caste system was an unwritten rule and had no effect in education/government.

So, I suppose I will try to be as unbiased as possible about education in the U.S. Looking at it from a fairness standpoint, it is pretty fair.

Those in lower classes can use education as a tool to improve their quality of life. There is really no difference in how things are taught across the country or between different economic backgrounds. One problem though is with any other institutionalized program: money is often used for things it was not intended for. A lot of money is put into the school systems, and often the returns of scores and such are not what they should be.The U.S. does tend to lag behind other countries in scores, especially math and science. A lot is being done to try and fix this, but still it is not making the progress needed.

For the most part, colleges and universities look at only test scores and achievements when accepting students. The cost to go to secondary schooling (colleges and universities) is outrageously high. Many people expect to spend at least 10 years paying back loans, if not more. The only distinction between economic classes and education is when people try to get into the prestigious, more expensive secondary schooling (Harvard, Yale, etc.). They do say that they only look at test scores and performance and such, but it is commonly accepted that those with money get picked easier.

Other than those few complaints I have about the education system here, it is overall good. Teachers are usually paid well, there are many activities a student can do at public schools, and a student has many opportunities to get a great education.

So I would say the education system here is good compared to certain countries and not as good compared to other countries, it really depends on how you look at it. Those with money though can get some of the best education in the world here.

alexdesiqns 01-30-2015 03:37 PM

Education in my country is somewhat good but my state has very poor education.

Jim Gillum 01-30-2015 10:43 PM

Too many people are simply "passed" through the system without actually gaining any skills....

They are weak in reading comprehending and writing....

I see it every day...sad for the US...:(

belinda1 03-18-2015 01:17 AM

The Singapore education system is popular for being rigid and stressful. Some think otherwise as being "World Class". There are very mixed reviews. Overall I think it's all right but can be improved.

HNC-Duy 06-17-2015 04:33 AM

The Vietname education system shows the imbalance in some subjects. Students keep learning some subject that they think will help them to find better job in the future without caring about hobbies, dream or personal abilities. It's ridiculous

Binte Hawa 06-23-2015 01:45 AM

The education system in Pakistan is not so good in all the areas or cities. There are still many backward areas where there are no schools, no colleges and no universities. People often come to the urban areas for their education where they feel many barriers and one of the most important issues is language barrier. The government should take some steps to understand these problems and to enhance the system of education.
Long live Pakistan!

vietnamgrouptour 06-26-2015 07:35 PM

My education system in my country like your country. its have 4 levels

Level 1 : Class 1 to Class 5 , This level like amater lever, for 6 to 11 year old

Level 2 : Class 6 to Class 9 , for 12 to 15 year old

Level 3 : Class 10 to Class 12 : for 16 to 18 year old

Level 4 : University : For anyone want to study about exactly certain sector. If want to study in level 4, you have graduation level 3

KallyWally 07-07-2015 01:28 PM

The education system in my country is currently good, tertiary education in my country is basically free for all citizens , you just have to work in the country for a couple years after.

Commercial Realtor 07-19-2015 01:15 PM

Our public education system is not good. Private schools are much better in any country.

Factal 07-21-2015 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Gillum (Post 2170775)
Too many people are simply "passed" through the system without actually gaining any skills....

They are weak in reading comprehending and writing....

I see it every day...sad for the US...:(

This. Definitely this. Students don't know how much they are putting themselves at a disadvantage by merely passing through the system. It's incredibly sad.

And then they wonder why is life so hard.

coupofy 07-22-2015 04:36 AM

Education system is not good in india.a rich person make thier children High educated and poor person don't send their children in school .because he have no money

HMB Tyler 07-22-2015 07:55 AM

Here in the US the education system is very good, but many people come out of it illiterate. It is all about what you make of it, so you can learn a lot if you want, and you can learn very little if you want too.

shruti21 07-28-2015 10:50 PM

Absolutely right friend.Education System is very very poor in India as if you are general then you are criminal,you need to score heavily otherwise there is no scope for you from education to Job.Average cost government spending on govt. employee is 50,000 per month.Where should general candidates should go?............ I am completely fed up from this system.The one reason for this destruction is only and only politics.

dhanak 07-29-2015 02:43 AM

There is no such Education system in our country

J. H. Rasmussen 07-29-2015 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhanak (Post 2200072)
There is no such Education system in our country

Maybe you could tell us a bit about the education system in your country?

tvtaddy7 08-06-2015 12:46 AM

It is good but not in total. As children go afford to get in good school get quality education but other don't. Also mean reason behind this problem is political decisions which had made certain rules because of which govt school lacks behind in quality though better funds than counterparts.

RVB 08-07-2015 12:44 AM

Educational system in France is poor more and more every years. It was the best 20 years ago and now all europe is laughing at us. They just voted a law about repeat a year for primary school (6-11 years old) : its now forbidden. And they ask themself why 50% of the student dont know to read at 12. Wtf ?

kishorkr 09-14-2015 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vineservers (Post 2161226)
Education system here in india needs a change, Because of the division between SC,ST,OBC and General community students.

I agree with you Vineservers that education system in India is very poor. But reservation is the least of the problem in Indian education system. I agree that Indian Govt. should immediately stop the reservation on Caste basis. But I also think that instead of giving reservation Indian Govt should give Education grants to the poor people who cannot afford to go to school. Also, govt needs to improve the infrastructure. A huge proportion of Indian Govt. schools are so bad that you won't even want to take a step inside them. That needs to improved too.
And, more teachers need to be hired. Most govt schools are deficient of teachers.
Also, an awareness need to be created so that people start sending their kids to the schools instead of sending them to work as labourers.

HannaNguyen 05-30-2016 06:07 AM

Education system in my country at this time?
Still in a give and take way. Students are supposed to do exactly what teachers want to get good masks.
We are in improving time, but really. Our people tend to study abroad whenever they have opportunities.
I'm from Vietnam.