Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/)
-   Controversial Social Issues (http://www.v7n.com/forums/controversial-social-issues/)
-   -   14-Year-Old Girl Shot and Killed over Facebook Fight (http://www.v7n.com/forums/controversial-social-issues/381802-14-year-old-girl-shot-killed-over-facebook-fight.html)

dWhite 03-02-2015 01:05 PM

14-Year-Old Girl Shot and Killed over Facebook Fight

http://www.people.com/article/14-yea...facebook-fight

Quote:

A 14-year-old girl was shot and killed in Birmingham, Alabama, on Friday night after a fight that started on Facebook turned deadly.

Police say Kierra'onna Rice was one of a group of girls who agreed to meet in a park for a planned brawl, Al.com reports.

But the fight, which allegedly started weeks ago on Facebook, ended up claiming the 14-year-old's life when two male suspects fired into the crowd of feuding girls, according to WIAT.

"This was an absolutely senseless killing," Birmingham Police Lt. Sean Edwards told Al.com. "They took it upon themselves to fire recklessly into a crowd."

The two males, ages 17 and 19, were taken into custody by police after the shooting. They are not being identified, though WIAT reports that one of them was dating one of the girls that fought the victim.

SharrySteve1 03-25-2015 02:27 PM

Senseless killing and senseless Facebook. I don't know why they waste their time on Facebook and take it more seriously than anything thing in the world.

Apologies and grief

Yasin Rishad 03-26-2015 04:54 AM

senseless people even are they human or not i have doubt? People now converting their debate into controversial quarrel and finally killing

legionhoster 03-27-2015 05:10 PM

Pretty senseless world we like in folks...

deepalmittal 03-30-2015 11:08 PM

it is a negative face of Facebook, facebook is taken wrongly by just presuming from profile of the member and his favorites. Actually real life likes and dislikes are different, in general.

ennovationc 03-31-2015 01:51 AM

feeling pity for the girl

Rhino 04-28-2015 12:46 AM

This is a thing now? What in the hell is wrong with people? The amount of garbage you can dig into looking at the news... I barely read or watch it anymore. Much happier now.

dWhite 04-28-2015 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhino (Post 2183996)
This is a thing now? What in the hell is wrong with people? The amount of garbage you can dig into looking at the news... I barely read or watch it anymore. Much happier now.

There seems to be an escalation of violence forming directly from Facebook as of late. It's sad to read about someone so young losing their life over petty things, regardless of whether or not it was formed via Facebook.

HNC-Duy 06-17-2015 03:31 AM

We saw murders due to facebook everyday.

Ramadan 06-28-2015 03:28 AM

I still cant understand that why people take the online fights so serious.

hostnesta 07-03-2015 08:30 PM

Facebook commands too much power, and a lot of people are now abusing it.

Religious extremists
Political Fanatics
Social Lunatics

and you name them all...

advent_geek 07-10-2015 03:31 AM

which is the main reason

FB or Girl or Jealous or Ego

Factal 07-16-2015 05:27 PM

That's ridiculous. The girl reminds me of my little cousin who's also the same age.

I will pray for the girl's family.

shruti21 07-28-2015 09:55 PM

I will pray for the girl's family.Facebook is not a prime reason,there are so many good things which are possible only because of Facebook.So, if you don't like someone stop texting him.You need to avoid him.

dhanak 07-29-2015 01:39 AM

That's why i don't like FB :(

David K 09-26-2015 09:58 AM

Troublemakers will find trouble via facebook or whatever else is most readily available to them.

regibiz 10-04-2015 04:05 PM

Sharry Hi! I don't think facebook is senseless. There's a lot of good about facebook if people know how to use it. For example, many people have been able to find old friends, schoolmates, long-lost family members, etc, just by fooling around on facebook. It is also helping people make money with free advertisement.

The problem is discipline. People don't know how to comport themselves in a public forum which is the reason why these incidences keeps reoccurring. Even grown ups act like fools sometimes over there.

Judging from ages mentioned, these are teenagers trying to show who is tougher and it resulted in a tragedy. I got in a fight with a boy who was a bully when I was a teenager. He was always bullying the girls around. He never did that to the boys. So one day I decided to challenge him after school. The fight was a draw. Since that time, he never bullied us again. LOL. In our day, we use our hands to fight not the guns. Sad how the times have changed.

kishorkr 11-12-2015 07:52 AM

It's not the facebook that is responsible for it, but the people behind the issue. Facebook is just a medium, and it depends on a person how to use it. Like a knife is very useful when used in kitchen. But when used by a murderer it's a different thing.

abhiup81 11-13-2015 04:46 AM

This story is really horrific. How can people of this generation take social network communicate seriously and do something like this. Its really strange from our part and suicidal from their part.

tiyoo 11-24-2015 07:41 PM

Sounds about right, I mean someone had to take it to the next level. My guess is these were some pretty gangster chicks though.