Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/)
-   Controversial Social Issues (http://www.v7n.com/forums/controversial-social-issues/)
-   -   FBI vs. Apple What Do You Think? (http://www.v7n.com/forums/controversial-social-issues/398860-fbi-vs-apple-what-do-you-think.html)

TechWizard 03-03-2016 04:26 AM

FBI vs. Apple What Do You Think?
 
It's the huge headline FBI versus Apple. In fact everyone is joining in, Microsoft, Google, and many more are supporting Apple.

http://techcrunch.com/2016/03/01/her...-hearing-live/

Was yesterday's connection to watching the Live Judiciary commitee with links to the time line so you can get caught up and more...

The big question, should Apple have to unlock the dead terrorist's iPhone for the FBI?

Should Apple put a backdoor into the iPhone so the FBI can get in without problems in the future?

These are the two big questions that I see, are they the correct ones?

My personal take according to these two questions?

Why wouldn't Apple voluntarily unlock the iPhone of someone who is deceased that committed such an act that has been linked to terrorism as well?

Should Apple put a back door into their program? Not just no but Hell No!

Though I do refer back to question one. I don't see why they resist unlocking the phone.

So what are your thoughts and feelings about it and why?

ScriptMan 03-03-2016 05:18 AM

If I were a Federal judge the CEO would be in jail for contempt and the stock holders would pay a fine of 1 BILLION per day until the company complied.

Apple the preferred phone of Terrorists everywhere.

While Apple likes to think they are above the law their rights are no better than mine and if I refused my butt would be in jail.

TechWizard 03-03-2016 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScriptMan (Post 2232799)
If I were a Federal judge the CEO would be in jail for contempt and the stock holders would pay a fine of 1 BILLION per day until the company complied.

Apple the preferred phone of Terrorists everywhere.

While Apple likes to think they are above the law their rights are no better than mine and if I refused my butt would be in jail.

You have an EXCELLENT point! Personally I am seeing Apple's refusal to unlock a dead person's phone after it has been verified there are terrorist ties Apple taking an opportunity to do no more than create a Publicity Stunt that benefits Apple. If that very thing was not mentioned verbatim behind closed doors would surprise me.

The backdoor on the other hand IS completely wrong. This is also the part that other companies are standing behind them on.

ScriptMan 03-03-2016 09:18 AM

Quote:

The backdoor on the other hand IS completely wrong. This is also the part that other companies are standing behind them on.
I completely agree that building a back door and handing it over is completely wrong.

No agency should ever be able to do that at will. Apple only should when a valid court order is presented.

Dan Williamson 03-03-2016 01:35 PM

Where does it end though? I think we can all agree that we should be against terrorism and that companies should do their bit when terrorists use their products.

However, the FBI want to have a back door in all Apple products, and to be able to read them as they will - Mr. Snowdon would have a breakdown over this potential catastrophic breach of privacy.

Now I'm not even a privacy advocate, I simply couldn't care less personally, but it sets a precedent if we allow the US government to have an inside to all devices built by Apple, who watches the watchers and all that.

TechWizard 03-04-2016 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Williamson (Post 2232819)
Where does it end though? I think we can all agree that we should be against terrorism and that companies should do their bit when terrorists use their products.

However, the FBI want to have a back door in all Apple products, and to be able to read them as they will - Mr. Snowdon would have a breakdown over this potential catastrophic breach of privacy.

Now I'm not even a privacy advocate, I simply couldn't care less personally, but it sets a precedent if we allow the US government to have an inside to all devices built by Apple, who watches the watchers and all that.

It is really a given that no company should be made to create a backdoor into their product for the convenience of any agency. That is creating a temptation to the Government and others that could and would not be resisted.

I agree with ScriptMan that everyone does have an obligation to assist in preventing crime protecting others etc...

Had the court ordered any other person or smaller company to comply and assist and they refused or failed to do so they would be in jail for contempt if nothing else. The topic of privacy is actually mute and non-existent since the owner is deceased any way.

Apple's refusal to open the single phone is not only a violation of law at this point it is also nothing more than a publicity stunt and a representation of how Apple puts their own views, profit and benefit before that of anyone else as they always have.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:28 AM.

3.8.7


Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.