Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (http://www.v7n.com/forums/tech-support-forum/)
-   -   What people really hate most about Win 8 and 10 (http://www.v7n.com/forums/tech-support-forum/409081-what-people-really-hate-most-about-win-8-10-a.html)

TechWizard 11-04-2016 01:39 PM

What people really hate most about Win 8 and 10

From talking to a lot of people the biggest complaint that I have gotten from those that started using Windows 8 (Not going into the other issues here) and Windows 10 (actually not that bad) is that they have trouble finding things they were used to in Windows 7

Things as basic as uninstalling a program is a bit different and more difficult to figure out for the average user. Using the search feature just typing "uninstall" or whatever other section utility you are attempting to find will pop up in a list for quick access.

I've also had instances on Windows 10 with software(Drivers) causing explorer to crash and restart continuously. Disabling the offending driver or app usually solves the issue...that is as long as it is not dire for your work...then it is an issue not of Windows 10 but of the software provider not keeping up...of course Windows 10/Microsoft gets the total blame...;)

What other types of issues have you had with Windows 10?

LMD 11-04-2016 03:00 PM

Of late, I've got Win 10 boot-up issues. I get stuck at the little animated circle - and, for lack of a better terms, the circle is "jittery" at the point I get stuck on the black screen

I was told it was a "peripheral" issue, and unplugging devices might help. So, I unplugged my wireless mouse/keyboard stick that is usually inserted in a USB slot in the front of the box, and then the machine immediately gets "unstuck" an begins to boot into windows. But, when it finally boots up, no matter if I insert the wireless stick in or not at that point, I've got no mouse or keyboard, and have to reboot.

During a reboot, I tried pulling the stick out quickly, then putting it back in quickly, and the last time it booted Ok.

This seems to be hit and miss. Sometimes it boots with the stick in, and other times I have to keep playing with the stick to get it to boot.

That last update (a couple/few weeks ago?) must be the culprit!

TechWizard 11-05-2016 07:59 AM

Yeah that update was very problematic in a lot of different ways to put it nicely. I have had several remote sessions having to fix an assortment of problems after that update.

As for your difficulty have you tried running the troubleshooter once you are able to get into Windows? It is a long shot to be sure but worth a try just to see if it finds any issues.

Type "troubleshooter" in the search bar and you can run it from there. It has several options you may want to look at including clicking the advanced link so you can set it to run as administrator or to go ahead and repair what it finds for example.

Another suggestion would be to see if there are new drivers available for your motherboard i.e. USB drivers and of course new drivers for your keyboard and mouse. I think my first step after running the troubleshooter and the

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

from an elevated command line would be to remove the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and let Windows reinstall them on a restart.

LMD 12-19-2016 05:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechWizard (Post 2268866)
As for your difficulty have you tried running the troubleshooter once you are able to get into Windows? It is a long shot to be sure but worth a try just to see if it finds any issues.

Tried that and a couple other things, but the thought of deleting drivers, and hoping I'd get new ones installed on a reboot, I found a simple, painless (albeit not perfect) solution:

To ensure a good boot, I unplug the wireless stick whenever I boot, and then I usually grab a coffee, and upon my return, when windows has had it's necessary time to load, I then plug the stick back in, and the mouse and keyboard work.

Again, not a perfect solution by any means, but until I get my new machine (Santa says I have to wait until after Xmas), this is what I have to do. :lol:

Aside - what are your impressions of HP for office computers? I was looking at this one a little while back, and I'm sure there is a more updated version today (or after Xmas as Santa has said), but what do you think about this one: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/mo...233#!tab=specs

Woomeister 12-19-2016 06:37 AM

Personally I just don't find Windows intuitive enough compared to IOS. I find myself too often thinking 'why can't I just...'.

For context I used Windows for 10 years before using Mac for the past 4 years, so I sat on both sides of the fence before coming to this conclusion.

TechWizard 12-24-2016 09:42 AM

I prefer Windows to Mac...Win 10 and Linux Ubuntu Desktop aren't greatly different than Mac in all honesty. Except for the availability of utilities etc for free or inexpensive price as compared to Mac comparatives ;)

indah 12-29-2016 02:42 AM

In general, I think windows 10 is GREAT. I just hate the slow speed in windows explorer search. Many people have complaints about this on microsoft support forum. But I have already fixed this after googling. I think Microsoft should pay attention to this "bug" ..

Woomeister 12-29-2016 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TechWizard (Post 2274825)
I prefer Windows to Mac...Win 10 and Linux Ubuntu Desktop aren't greatly different than Mac in all honesty. Except for the availability of utilities etc for free or inexpensive price as compared to Mac comparatives ;)

Similar to parts for Ford compared to Mercedes. :)

Saranshsri 12-31-2016 03:21 AM

Window 10 is not for regular uses, I think so

I think there are many changes in window 10 compared to 7. For regular user window 7 is ideal OS to go with. And also due to driver problem many people hate window 10. :)

ABHI5867 01-07-2017 11:50 PM

My old games doesn't work on win10 that's why i hate it

DylanC 01-22-2017 02:00 PM

The problem with Windows 8 is that it is not intuitive. Neither as easy to use as android nor Windows 7.

naira smith 02-17-2017 07:03 AM

Windows 8 and windows 10 are very cool to use if you want really want to learn how to use them. Since win 8 is an imptovement on win 7 and win 10 is an improvement on on win 8. They are more user friendly than win7. The only issue so far has been their updates.

naira smith 02-17-2017 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ABHI5867 (Post 2276349)
My old games doesn't work on win10 that's why i hate it

Yea it won't work. I have had that issue too. But if those games have newer versions with win 10 support, it should work.

vaguar 02-18-2017 08:38 AM

I have a 5 year old Macbook Air that runs Sierra without any problems. I have a similarly aged Windows laptop on Windows 7 that would most probably go dead if I updated it to Windows 10 - most certainly, if I were to go by some threads in this forum! Even on Windows 7, it has progressively gotten slower over the years. Now whenever I want to use it, I start it up 5-10 minutes in advance.

naira smith 02-22-2017 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaguar (Post 2281547)
I have a 5 year old Macbook Air that runs Sierra without any problems. I have a similarly aged Windows laptop on Windows 7 that would most probably go dead if I updated it to Windows 10 - most certainly, if I were to go by some threads in this forum! Even on Windows 7, it has progressively gotten slower over the years. Now whenever I want to use it, I start it up 5-10 minutes in advance.

Don't you think maybe the hard disk if the system is beginning to have issues, and not because it's running of windows 7?

snakeair 02-22-2017 05:51 AM

Have you checked your machines to see if they have the requirements to run that OS?

If your machine is very old chances are the system does not meet the requirements to run the OS with zero issues.

crishwatson 04-11-2017 10:21 PM

The only thing I hate about newer versions of Microsoft OS is that they are not backward compatible. I mean, that old software and devices like scanners and printers cannot be used on Windows 7, 8, 10, which is why I feel my older devices are now useless.

vaguar 04-12-2017 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeair (Post 2282222)
Have you checked your machines to see if they have the requirements to run that OS?

If your machine is very old chances are the system does not meet the requirements to run the OS with zero issues.

Yes, the machine came installed with Windows 7 & does have the specs to be able to run it. And it's the home edition of the OS, so not very resource intensive either. In fact I've even boosted the RAM at little bit through the SD card mechanism. That's improved it a bit, but it's still quite slow as compared to my other machines.

steveclark 04-15-2017 07:22 PM

I think these people should change their habits to suit the future trend.
Self-evaluation of win10 is very good. It's just a small change in the habits of many.

Lucian Hodoboc 04-16-2017 12:58 AM

Personally, I liked Windows 8.1 more than I like Windows 10, but Microsoft forced me to upgrade against my will. I don't like the user interface in Windows 10. I've given up on trying to understand all the changes that each update brings.