Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/)
-   Gamers Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/gamers-forum/)
-   -   The last COD I'll ever buy (http://www.v7n.com/forums/gamers-forum/410699-last-cod-ill-ever-buy.html)

TTK Photography 12-27-2016 05:03 AM

The last COD I'll ever buy

I used to love the COD series but for the last few years nothing about the game really excites me anymore. I was very excited about the remastered COD 4 MW version this year but haven't played it very much. The game doesn't feel the same as it used to. I'm not sure if it's the new generation of players or maybe if I've just grown up some and have other priorities in my life. So, this might really be the last COD I'll ever buy. Does anyone else feel this way?

vaguar 01-21-2017 04:26 AM

The last time I bought a COD was advanced warfare. Although I keep telling myself no more COD after this, I keep making impulse buys of COD time & again. But this time it looks like I'm done & dusted. Played multiplayer of several CODs over & over. Most CODs have a great but very short storyline. So I'm beginning to see less & value in buying a COD. Plus, as you said, you start having other priorities in life.

Woomeister 01-21-2017 09:00 AM

Never been a fan personally.

Do you like Splinter cell games? Much more tactical and personally I find them quite gripping at times. Mastering the controls, to become fully proficient, is a task though.

vaguar 01-21-2017 10:32 AM

Heard a lot about splinter cell. Always wanted to try it, but never could. It's a good thing I haven't sold my PS3 yet. I can go back to some of the older ones in the series. But to be honest I prefer fast paced games where you in all guns blazing. I'm currently in the middle of Metal Gear Solid: Phantom pain & although it's a brilliant tactical game, the pace is agonizingly show. You crawl around far too much, almost certainly die if discovered by the enemy & wait way too long for things like change of enemy guard duty. I'm beginning to feel I might relapse to another COD!

Woomeister 01-21-2017 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaguar (Post 2278243)
Heard a lot about splinter cell. Always wanted to try it, but never could. It's a good thing I haven't sold my PS3 yet. I can go back to some of the older ones in the series. But to be honest I prefer fast paced games where you in all guns blazing. I'm currently in the middle of Metal Gear Solid: Phantom pain & although it's a brilliant tactical game, the pace is agonizingly show. You crawl around far too much, almost certainly die if discovered by the enemy & wait way too long for things like change of enemy guard duty. I'm beginning to feel I might relapse to another COD!

When you get more proficient at it (having played them all) it's not that slow, but I do understand your pain. It actually culminated in me throwing a PS2 into a wall many moons ago, after almost getting where id been trying to reach for weeks of play, only to be shot by a sniper disguised as a bloody tree from 2 miles away.

SNAKE, SNAKE, snnnnnakkkkeeeee!!!!! Dies. :lol:

vaguar 01-21-2017 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woomeister (Post 2278269)
When you get more proficient at it (having played them all) it's not that slow, but I do understand your pain. It actually culminated in me throwing a PS2 into a wall many moons ago, after almost getting where id been trying to reach for weeks of play, only to be shot by a sniper disguised as a bloody tree from 2 miles away.

SNAKE, SNAKE, snnnnnakkkkeeeee!!!!! Dies. :lol:

Which one was this? MGS4: Guns of the Patriots?

Woomeister 01-22-2017 01:43 AM

Can't remember i'm afraid. I just remember the last scene fighting a 'big boss' type character, in a field of wavy grass (silver in colour if memory serves me) armed only with a single firing pistol. ^ head shots required! Took me forever!

snakeair 01-22-2017 04:35 AM

:shock:

Woomeister 01-22-2017 09:30 AM

Not you Snake! ;)

vaguar 01-22-2017 09:33 AM

I was wondering, is your ID inspired by Solid Snake of the Metal gear series? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_Snake