Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Writing For The Web (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   How To Measure The Success Of Your Guest Post (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=411733)

snakeair 01-25-2017 12:56 PM

How To Measure The Success Of Your Guest Post

Well... It stinks. That's how you measure it.

Read the blog post and share your thoughts with us.

Quote:

Guest posting has numerous benefits, from authority building to actual lead generation. Going after one (more tangible) of the goals diminishes the value of guest blogging: You just cannot underestimate the power of a well-established brand!

But how do you measure the success of each individual guest post as well as guest posting campaign as a whole? How do you define and measure things like authority and brand building? How do you estimate whether your guest post actually went well to learn from the experience moving forward?

There's no way you can measure success of a guest post based on one isolated metric. It all comes down to the combination of metrics and tools:
Continued at: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/bl...guest-pos.html

Woomeister 01-25-2017 03:46 PM

I read and it and would say this.

Yes you can "measure success of a guest post based on one isolated metric", quite easily in fact.

If my FB shares counter hits 1000 then that's a very simple way of measuring success. With that many shares the rest goes without saying.

I use Mention to track key phrases personally.

Mick M 02-07-2017 03:58 AM

How does Google feel about guest posting, this week?

I've seen them flip flop about it so I'm not sure how effective it is anymore?

crismanaon 02-07-2017 04:23 AM

I personally major how much relevant traffic that we received from the guest posting and obviously conversion are part of that. There are other matrices that have mentioned in this post but that will help to increase the same result as I have stated first.

Woomeister 02-07-2017 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick M (Post 2280090)
How does Google feel about guest posting, this week?

I've seen them flip flop about it so I'm not sure how effective it is anymore?

I think their stance is quite clear.

Guest posting on sites of little value that have a model of just allowing guest posts (for cash usually) is obviously a link scheme.

Guest posting on sites with very high editorial standards etc is fine as your guest post is likely being done for more than just the link in itself.

NewMani 03-21-2017 02:19 PM

I think your post success is depend on your basically purpose of your post or article

i think this is very important for you if you consider this

vaguar 03-22-2017 12:35 AM

Let's step back & think about who usually makes guest posts. Bloggers & people who sell digital goods (social media management suites - hubspot for example) do in most cases. In some instances, people who sell stuff online may do it as well (e.g. someone selling mobile phones on Amazon). For these set of people, all the three metrics are critical & they can't leave out measuring one or the other. Engagement & brand mentions are critical as they have a direct impact on the credibility of the marketer & traffic of course brings in the conversions. As against this, if it were someone like a Coca Cola, they would probably only be interested in brand mentions as they're not going to make a lot of online sale of their product anyway.

williamkittrell 03-22-2017 07:50 AM

Yeah. There are several assignment writing services available at our finger tip.

snakeair 03-22-2017 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by williamkittrell (Post 2285797)
Yeah. There are several assignment writing services available at our finger tip.

Can you name them and get into details?

crismanaon 03-22-2017 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeair (Post 2285798)
Can you name them and get into details?

Good question but i doubt you will get reply back on this.

snakeair 03-22-2017 11:24 AM

I have not did a guest blog post at all this year but when I do, I'm going to follow the advice in the blog post.

paaje 04-30-2017 08:37 AM

i also agree with you , I think your post success is depend on your basically purpose of your post or article.

dmt2e 05-03-2017 02:06 AM

One simple tactics is to see the social media counter and the responses on the guest post itself.