Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/)
-   Forum Lobby (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forum-lobby/)
-   -   What is you favorite place to go (vacation) (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forum-lobby/415451-what-you-favorite-place-go-vacation.html)

Galleri-kunst-konst 05-12-2017 07:36 AM

What is you favorite place to go (vacation)

Hello you guys :)

Me and my family are looking for a great place to go to this summer.

We are located in Denmark and have been to Florida, the Carribbean, Australia and the Spain, Barcelona.

As you can see we are looking for a place where the weather is just fine :)

Feel free to share the best place you have been to.

vaguar 05-13-2017 06:28 AM

My personal favourite is Scotland but since you're looking for warm weather try someplace in Southeast Asia. There are many island paradises like Phuket, Langkawi, Koh Samui etc.

Woomeister 05-13-2017 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Galleri-kunst-konst (Post 2292079)
I would really like to go to Scotland actually. Heard the nature should be great.

How is the weather in the summer up there? :)

Having lived there I can tell you that the Summers are warm (at best) and wet. Midges (google it) are a nightmare and the further north you go the worse it gets.

Kefalonia is a wonderful island on the Ionian side of Greece and from there you can also visit Corfu and Other very small islands such as Paxos and Antipaxos.

I am going to Phu Quoc with my family next March. It is an island in the Thai gulf and is part of Vietnam. We will be going to Florida at Xmas later that year as we love Disney. :)

vaguar 05-13-2017 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woomeister (Post 2292095)
Having lived there I can tell you that the Summers are warm (at best) and wet.

There's no such thing as summers in Scotland! The scots say so themselves! Not by the standards of the rest of the world anyway. It's like saying there are winters here in Mumbai.

mishoppe888 05-13-2017 11:57 PM

I would mostly like to go for Goa, which is best place for now in India. Whenever I go their feeling awesome.

ashwingalhotra1994 05-14-2017 11:18 PM

Goa {INDIA } is best place to feel free and enjoy with family , because the waves of water when touches to the feet it enriches with the freshness and rich touch and feel of water and surroundings and waves in the air

brentclark2003 05-15-2017 01:27 AM

To the beach! Growing up in NJ we used to head to the shore for the day and have so much fun for next to nothing! I still love the waves and the sun and the relaxed state you are in with such a sun kissed warmth. Truly a vacation - relaxing...not touring or being lectured to or jumping on planes 3 times....I guess I miss the shore!!

Woomeister 05-15-2017 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaguar (Post 2292109)
There's no such thing as summers in Scotland! The scots say so themselves! Not by the standards of the rest of the world anyway. It's like saying there are winters here in Mumbai.

Completely wrong I'm afraid, my wife is Scottish and they have very pleasant summers with temps in the early 70's for a lot of the time. Quite different from the other seasons in fact. :) Nobody mentioned 'hot' summers and saying the 'rest of the world' is pretty dodgy considering I could throw Scandanavia, Canada etc at you. :)

We were in Scotland last August and spent two weeks in temps of 75 and it was great. The summer is by no means long but it's certainly different to the other seasons. Something in England we seem to have lost as our winters don't seem to happen any more, so we have mild weather most of the time.

sssitoke 05-15-2017 04:03 AM

As an Indian, I am welcoming you in India. Here you find many places to visit like Goa, Kerela, The Tajmahal and much more.

himajateki 05-16-2017 02:21 AM

My Favorite Place to Go to a Vacation is Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

vaguar 05-17-2017 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woomeister (Post 2292190)
We were in Scotland last August and spent two weeks in temps of 75 and it was great

I visited in May/June a couple of years ago. I guess it's colder then than August. They said summer had begun, but it was quite cold. It was warmer in Edinburgh though, as compared to the highlands & Isle of Skye.

Woomeister 05-17-2017 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaguar (Post 2292497)
I visited in May/June a couple of years ago. I guess it's colder then than August. They said summer had begun, but it was quite cold. It was warmer in Edinburgh though, as compared to the highlands & Isle of Skye.

Summer hasn't even started till late June!!! May can see freezing temps overnight so too right it would be cold still. :)

Woomeister 05-17-2017 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by himajateki (Post 2292377)
My Favorite Place to Go to a Vacation is Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Each to there own I always say, but Dubai??? Man made, no beauty just sand and sculptured concrete with man made imagery. You need to see some other places my friend.

vaguar 05-17-2017 08:44 AM

To the people saying Goa, it used to be one of my favourites, but now it's clogged with hippies, litter, narcotics and organised crime. There are better places to go to.

Woomeister 05-17-2017 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vaguar (Post 2292562)
To the people saying Goa, it used to be one of my favourites, but now it's clogged with hippies, litter, narcotics and organised crime. There are better places to go to.

In the 90's I loved going. I agree fully with your comment, its like Thailand in a lot of places now, ruined by 'image' tourism.

vaguar 05-17-2017 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woomeister (Post 2292596)
In the 90's I loved going. I agree fully with your comment, its like Thailand in a lot of places now, ruined by 'image' tourism.

A positive byproduct of this image tourism is that a lot of chefs from all over the world have come & set up shop in Goa. Like Le Poisson Rouge by Chef Gregory Bazire which serves Indo - French fusion cuisine. These may not exactly be Michelin star quality but they're quite good nonetheless.

snakeair 05-18-2017 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brentclark2003 (Post 2292179)
To the beach! Growing up in NJ we used to head to the shore for the day and have so much fun for next to nothing! I still love the waves and the sun and the relaxed state you are in with such a sun kissed warmth. Truly a vacation - relaxing...not touring or being lectured to or jumping on planes 3 times....I guess I miss the shore!!

Born and raised in NJ and unfortunately still here.

My now favorite vacation spot is ocean city, Maryland... Been going there for the past 5 years for 1 week at a time with the family for our get away and out of NJ. lol

When I am in the finishing mood, I go to LBI in jersey to do this. I don't go on the beach but there to fish and drink beer with other fishermen.

vaguar 05-22-2017 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snakeair (Post 2292804)
Born and raised in NJ and unfortunately still here.

My now favorite vacation spot is ocean city, Maryland... Been going there for the past 5 years for 1 week at a time with the family for our get away and out of NJ. lol

When I am in the finishing mood, I go to LBI in jersey to do this. I don't go on the beach but there to fish and drink beer with other fishermen.

I have fond memories of living in New Jersey. Believe me it's better than many places around the world. Wouldn't mind coming there for a vacation sometime.

InfoCreeds 05-24-2017 07:29 AM

I would really like to go to the seashore and beach places.

Woomeister 05-25-2017 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lovelyncook (Post 2293750)
For a fun summer vacation, Philippines is must to go!

Not right now its not! Burning churches etc!