Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/)
-   Forum Lobby (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forum-lobby/)
-   -   Should school students have homework? (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forum-lobby/418700-should-school-students-have-homework.html)

stubcreator 08-01-2017 07:20 AM

Should school students have homework?

Should schools give homework to its pre-primary students and primary students? What is your opinion?

I believe child should not be given any homework. It burdens them. Writing a particular thing number of times won't help in increasing knowledge and wisdom. Project work and other extra curricular activities are welcome but they should not be troublesome to little ones.

vaguar 08-01-2017 09:59 PM

Repetitive homework is bad. But not all homework is repetitive. Creative homework is good and should be encouraged.

hireseotechnician 08-03-2017 04:43 AM

Of course not. Everyone should done your all work at school.

stubcreator 08-14-2017 01:20 AM

something creative like project work or exploring the topic i good and should be encouraged but at some places, student just get repetitive work which demotivates them to study. For me study should be fun thing not burden some. :D

Ramphal 08-15-2017 06:48 AM

As I think, after school time, the students' should not be given homework, because they should have the freedom to other thing than school work which they had already faced in school. Therefore something new will refresh their mind.

KeepItSimple 08-15-2017 11:01 PM

The school environment has to be designed in a way that it is ideal for learning and all the learning should be done there. When you leave, you are free to do the other things in life. Of course this requires a lot of major changes. School is pretty bad now.

stubcreator 08-15-2017 11:06 PM

yup great idea!! otherwise their life would be monotonous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepItSimple (Post 2304445)
The school environment has to be designed in a way that it is ideal for learning and all the learning should be done there. When you leave, you are free to do the other things in life. Of course this requires a lot of major changes. School is pretty bad now.

Yes!! that will help for overall development. nowadays education has so deteriorated that the basic purpose of education that is to learn has taken back seat and kids are made machines. Mechanically wake up, mechanically go to school, mechanically come home and do some monotonous repetitive work. no time and pace for learning what life has got to teach them.

eric_wahlberg 08-16-2017 04:52 AM

Children should be encouraged to solve problem on their own, not totally depend on tutions.

For this, the children should be encouraged to solve the problem in class room themselves.

stubcreator 08-16-2017 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric_wahlberg (Post 2304497)
Children should be encouraged to solve problem on their own, not totally depend on tutions.

For this, the children should be encouraged to solve the problem in class room themselves.

yup exam should not be about what was taught in school but it should be about how to apply the knowledge that they gained at school. This will make them problem solvers and help in future in whichever field they take.

Kendra Springfield 08-17-2017 12:17 AM

I think if given moderation, homework is fine. At least, students have something to be busy about when they're home

stubcreator 08-21-2017 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kendra Springfield (Post 2304643)
I think if given moderation, homework is fine. At least, students have something to be busy about when they're home

They can be kept busy by making them learn something else too. It not the only option to keep the kids busy.

vamurali12 08-21-2017 09:11 AM

Home work should enable the student to grow his/her creativity. If it is not so it is waste of time.

stubcreator 08-22-2017 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shruti001 (Post 2305257)
They Should have homework

why? Please explain?