Webmaster Forum

Webmaster Forum (http://www.v7n.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech Talk (http://www.v7n.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Facebook is scaring me (http://www.v7n.com/forums/showthread.php?t=419384)

LMD 11-14-2017 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rafiqwatch (Post 2314471)
re prepossess.

Huh??

Quote:

v. 1610s, "to get possession of beforehand," from pre- + possess. Meaning "to possess (a person) beforehand with a feeling, notion, etc." is from 1630s; specifically, "to cause (someone) to have a favorable opinion of something" (1640s). Related: Prepossessed; prepossessing.

AlexM85 11-14-2017 08:01 AM

Quote:

this is a not big issue please reload your facebook and than re prepossess.

I don't understand...what?

zomgmike 11-14-2017 12:51 PM

I swear I've been victim to the facebook microphone monitoring thing. I've talked about things and started seeing facebook ads for them without ever having typed it into a computer or phone.

A few months ago I drove by a local business and they had followed me on twitter by the time I got home. I SUPPOSE it could be coincidence, but c'mon.

LMD 11-14-2017 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zomgmike (Post 2314525)
I swear I've been victim to the facebook microphone monitoring thing. I've talked about things and started seeing facebook ads for them without ever having typed it into a computer or phone.

A few months ago I drove by a local business and they had followed me on twitter by the time I got home. I SUPPOSE it could be coincidence, but c'mon.

Coincidence? Maybe one of the two, but not both. And, even if it's just one, it kind of reminds me of the proximity advertising in the Minority Report movie. :shock:

Woomeister 11-15-2017 06:04 PM

Quote:

this is a not big issue please reload your facebook and than re prepossess.

What???

AlexM85 11-16-2017 02:27 AM

I find it funny that they roll updates for iOS every two weeks but they never mention what exactly are they updating. And I think they've been doing this ever since I've installed the app on my iPhone, 4-5 years ago.

bolavegas 11-26-2017 11:41 PM

hi.. H2 rider

Deactive your facebook account.
Uninstall Facebook Messenger.
Done.

:lol:

multitrackers 02-03-2018 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2 rider (Post 2304804)
I sent a message to my friend last night using Facebook messenger. This morning he replied and I viewed the chat on my phone. I didn't know today is his birthday.

I began to reply and "Happy Birthday" was loaded in the text box. I accidentally sent the message then started typing a follow up message to say it was a mistake. Seconds later, my friend said "thank you!" Yes today is his birthday. Facebook put the message in the text box for me.

Usually I get a reminder on Facebook mentioning a friend's birthday. This time Facebook put the birthday greeting in my message. What's next?

I have been warning people for years, to stop using facebook......and to stop posting their innermost thoughts and personal data.

And if they must - then at least use a fake birth date.

The masses are throwing their innermost data away, like chaff to the wind. It's madness to lose all their privacy.

logroller 02-25-2018 06:50 PM

It's not even necessary to post anything of real use to facebook. Any time you install an app that asks for access to the camera, microphone and GPS you should know the app is using all three to monitor what you do and logs it to create advertising.

asad7868 03-22-2018 03:53 AM

This is not a big problem dude try to reload facebook

Me Too ;)

H2 rider 03-22-2018 11:54 AM

Recent news regarding Cambridge Analytica, Facebook and Trump are very interesting.

LMD 03-22-2018 01:32 PM

When I find a decent news feed on my phone, I'm going to dump FB on all my devices. All I've been doing on FB lately is viewing news posts and any interesting articles I come across (not many though). So, I've had enough of the junk posted in my timeline by click-bait artists and spam-vertisers and add to that all news about this leaking of data - I've had enough. :twisted:

Brandon Sheley 03-23-2018 06:04 AM

Just wait until you start playing with the facebook bots. You're going to lose your s if that was already scaring you.

GoaSou 04-19-2018 07:39 AM

simply #deletefacebook

JackMiller7 04-19-2018 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LMD (Post 2304805)
How about reams of spam posts, videos and links that bloat our timelines. I'm sick that I can't turn this crap off. It seems like it's every 3 or 4 posts, then a spam post. 3 or 4 posts - then another spam post. It just keeps going on and on.

Some of this spam is disguised to look like a compelling "story", but it ends up just being a fake news story that is really an advert.

I can't stand it much more. Spam is everywhere. :evil:

are you talking about this being spam, or spam on facebook?

LMD 04-20-2018 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackMiller7 (Post 2330806)
are you talking about this being spam, or spam on facebook?

Spammy tactics on any platform is still spam, especially if it's spam in the guise of being a compelling story or article. Going in this direction is very subversive, just to find out it's click bait to sell some spammy junk. I find this type of junk deplorable on Facebooks part. I've come to understand and be aware of this insulting tactic, but many aren't aware, and are still sucked into believing the advert is actually a story.

BWDHS 05-21-2018 09:52 AM

I got my facebook account phished in a public location the other day and I didn't even log it as its already logged in!? Luckily they got blocked and I was able to recover my account using my e-mail.

multitrackers 05-22-2018 09:53 PM

delete facebook profile is the way to go.

At least it makes it a tad more difficult for the barstewards.

Anwie 07-04-2018 07:45 AM

Guys, seriously, are you really that afraid of Facebook? Think about the voice helpers: Alexa, Siri or Google assistants - devices that are constantly listening to what you say... this is really creepy. I really don't know why people are buying these things.

H2 rider 08-17-2018 09:02 PM

I don't use Alexa or Google assistant. And I rarely use Siri because it makes so many mistakes.

As for Facebook, I removed the app from my iphone. Now I visit Facebook just a couple of times a day using my computer. I feel that is less intrusive.