Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum > Reseller Hosting

Reseller Hosting Discuss reseller hosting opportunities and more.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 08-10-2010, 06:33 AM

Question i am new reseller user

hi.i am a new reseller user in godaddy.com..so i dont know how to create a new site...then enter to control panel of that site..then dont know how to determine disk space,mail,mysql,ftp..etc..forexample:newsite.co m) this site can use 10Gb disk space sorage,10mail,10ftp,10mysql..
now is there any1 know the answers of this questions?plz answer

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-11-2010, 07:24 PM
Contributing Member

I understand your frustration. GoDaddy tends to have very ambiguous menus and very complex interfaces that even bewilder me! That is why I switched away from them.

In your case, I would call in or email them about your situation and see if they can help you with some tutorials. I don't know how their support is now a days but it is worth a try. If that fails you, you can probably look at my current host's Wiki which is pretty useful and probably applicable in your case.

"http://myhosting.com/wiki/Main_Page"

Check under "Reseller" or even "Virtual Server Hosting". There should be some tutorials to guide you through and see if these are indeed applicable to your GoDaddy account. If not, I would revert back to GoDaddy support for help.

Old 09-10-2010, 01:08 AM
Contributing Member

I suppose if you web hosting company can't help you or just not willing to do so you need to think about new web hosting company at all.

Old 09-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
I suppose if you web hosting company can't help you or just not willing to do so you need to think about new web hosting company at all.
Completely agree. If the OP's host is being unhelpful and quite in denial, then he/she should probably be looking into a new host.

I know my current host hasn't been doing this to me that is why I am still with them. GoDaddy on the other hand is notorious for this client neglecting behavior.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:23 AM

Godaddy is a Hopeless Reseller Host - Switch your host today (Suggestion)

Old 09-23-2010, 02:58 PM
v7n Mentor

And... Godaddy is for sale. Changes (some good, some bad) may come if a sale does happen.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/wsj-go...-billion/39057

As far as I know, Godaddy's resellers cannot create their own, custom hosting packages. They get their own Godaddy-like sites, and can sell (resell) the exact same services that Godaddy offers.

Old 09-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
And... Godaddy is for sale. Changes (some good, some bad) may come if a sale does happen.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/wsj-go...-billion/39057

As far as I know, Godaddy's resellers cannot create their own, custom hosting packages. They get their own Godaddy-like sites, and can sell (resell) the exact same services that Godaddy offers.
That is another few BIG reasons to avoid GD at this point. Not being able to custom build your own hosting packages is a HUGE negative. I can't live without it. I just love picking and choosing options ala cart like with my current host.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:57 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
And they are looking to open new DC on Singapore. How many strange thins there.

Old 10-19-2010, 09:58 AM
v7n Mentor

It completely blows my mind why people signup for reseller hosting without looking into it at all? You don't even know how to add a website? First, don't go with GoDaddy - they suck for hosting and for reselling domains. Get a reseller account at HostGator and get a domain reseller account at Enom.

Old 11-14-2010, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberWizard View Post
It completely blows my mind why people signup for reseller hosting without looking into it at all? You don't even know how to add a website? First, don't go with GoDaddy - they suck for hosting and for reselling domains. Get a reseller account at HostGator and get a domain reseller account at Enom.
I completely agree with you. too many folks just jump into things without doing any research. I have people who just started blogs and don't know anything basic like even creating a hyperlink. Research people and find out what you are getting into before you actually get into it. I am with HostGator but I am still doing research on other resellers before I commit to buying from them.

Old 12-05-2010, 06:50 AM

for who want start reseller business, its better to go with host who can provde WHM because its easy to use and more and more people can easily help you with that, where custom build not many people will able to help

Old 12-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by techtips View Post
for who want start reseller business, its better to go with host who can provde WHM because its easy to use and more and more people can easily help you with that, where custom build not many people will able to help
Agreed. WHM is the reseller equivalent of cPanel and it is the industry standard. I can't picture reselling without it. It just makes everything so organized with the right features and leaves the messy stuff out. I use it without issue all the time on my VPS Reseller (Linux of course).

Old 01-21-2011, 08:25 AM
v7n Mentor

To be an easy reseller then having WHM is a definite need just as was said above. Providing cpanel access, fantastico or softaculous, etc. Then of course there is the customer support and package purchase process, my choice on this is using whmcs which provides the auto account creation if you decide to offer that, an affiliate program, ability to offer ticket support, a module is now available to offer live chat as well as many other countless things, processing payments, book keeping the whole nine yards. You can either buy it out right or you can lease it for $15.95 a month through them, lower possibly through other resellers.

This can all be integrated into your website through the use of templates so that you can have a website, a blog and whmcs all with the same look and feel. I use whmcs on my hosting site and on my web development site it has saved a lot of time and headache to be sure.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:24 PM

I started my hosting site in Nov. 10 and before that I spent three years learning the basics of web development and seo before I even considered going into web hosting ( the market is flooded). For a host that offers all the features you need and also provides 24/7 support (white label) for your customers while you can get on with the development and promotion of your hosting site I recommend EZPZ Hosting (they have video tutorials for setting up your backend office, WHMCS and WHM, plus other videos related to running a webhosting company). I'm in England but from their web page they also provide services in the USA. Failing that as a recommendation check out webhostingtalkforum and have a look around at what other people are saying about other reseller companies. You'll likely pick up their latest offerings and coupon discounts as well. But seriously learn how to create and upload a webpage first. If you can't do this for yourself how on earth are you going to cope when a customer asks you if you can create an IP address for them? I do wish you luck with your business, just look more into it.

Old 02-24-2011, 07:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arifbek View Post
hi.i am a new reseller user in godaddy.com..so i dont know how to create a new site...then enter to control panel of that site..then dont know how to determine disk space,mail,mysql,ftp..etc..forexample:newsite.co m) this site can use 10Gb disk space sorage,10mail,10ftp,10mysql..
now is there any1 know the answers of this questions?plz answer
Why you're not open a Ticket with godaddy?

You're paying a money to godaddy then you can use their support system.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum > Reseller Hosting

Closed Thread