Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum > Reseller Hosting

Reseller Hosting Discuss reseller hosting opportunities and more.

Share |
Old 09-27-2011, 11:14 AM

WordPress reseller

I'd like to set up a reseller account and offer a couple of WordPress blog packages. The first being free on a subdomain where the user would just have access as an Editor (Somebody who can only publish and manage posts and pages) on a pre set up blog with my own adds on.

Next level would be some thing like having their own domain name for a fee, is there any good affiliate programs for domain names? could I also offer emails to match their domain name's with out giving cPanel access?

Then I could offer add free blogs where they would pay a small monthly fee and could put their own adds up giving them complete control over the blog and themes options.

Should I offer cPanel access or maybe let them have it if they sign up to another hosting company through my affiliate link and I move the blog over to them?.

Ok I have loads off questions there, I will be using hostgator and the the biggest question I have is would something like this be possible?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2011, 09:05 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
is there any good affiliate programs for domain names?
You're most likely looking for a reseller program. Enom, Godaddy (Wildwestdomains) and Resellersclub are some of the more popular providers. I believe Hostgator can help you when it comes to getting an Enom account too, but I don't know the details on that, so you should talk to them.

Quote:
Ok I have loads off questions there, I will be using hostgator and the the biggest question I have is would something like this be possible?
With the right programming skills, most things become possible. That is, if you want the process to be largely automatic. The alternative is to manually setup everything, but in this day and age, I'm not sure how your users will react to having to wait.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:46 AM

There are lots of scripts out there, but some of them are questionable at best for this type of a service. I think your best bet would be to hire a programmer to do the work for you. It will cost you more up front, but will be worth it in the long run.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Web Hosting Forum > Reseller Hosting