Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 12-20-2008, 04:51 AM
Contributing Member

lost ranking discussing

hi guys,

I have finance related website and i am work start these site last one month ago but i check ranking not increase rank all keyword very far.if you know why my site ranking decreased plz tell me.How to get again top ranking.....

these my site plz check----debtcareusa.com

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Contributing Member

If I've understood you correctly, you have started a web finance site last month, and keyword research in your opinion is fair, but you're not ranking as yet?

New sites generally take a while to register in google - usually around 3 months, but it can be longer (often described as the sandbox effect). Google sometimes reviews the content of certain sites before ranking too (for example, if you add your company to local business listings, and it is anything to do with finance, content is usually checked, for phishing scams, etc.) so just be patient and keep plugging away with your link building.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:42 PM
Contributing Member

U done any SEO for your site, if not do it properly and regularly. Then will get good and stabled position

Old 12-21-2008, 09:02 AM
Contributing Member

thanks for all of you you good posting.......

Old 12-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEO Dave View Post
New sites generally take a while to register in google - usually around 3 months, but it can be longer (often described as the sandbox effect). Google sometimes reviews the content of certain sites before ranking too (for example, if you add your company to local business listings, and it is anything to do with finance, content is usually checked, for phishing scams, etc.) so just be patient and keep plugging away with your link building.
dont believe this is true at all anymore.

its just all dependent on the difficulty of your individual keyword terms, and the strength of your onsite and links in.

but the advice is the same, content, links and patience

Old 12-21-2008, 02:08 PM
v7n Mentor

I would say since Google has flat out said "Index ranking is gone" it doesn't surprise me your ranking has gone down if not gone.

Google has switch to subjective search results if your site has nothing to offer in a person search request, you don't show up in their search results.

Many are debating on what will help you be on more search results from back links to keywords.
The only thing everybody does know is that search algorithms have changed from 120 to 200.

Old 12-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallBusinessSEO View Post

its just all dependent on the difficulty of your individual keyword terms, and the strength of your onsite and links in.

Assuming the site is brand new (new domain, not re-sold with history, etc.) which Op hasb't really confirmed, then it DOES take specific sites a long time to get registeredsee here.

I'm not a fan of the "sandbox" term and rarely use it but mentioned it here as OP seemed confused a bit? It is a fact that a new site will take a while to move up ranks (it will "rank" - i.e. appear, but just not move anywhere) cos I've seen it happen about ten times! Certain topics of sites seem to take longer than others (as per link posted).

Not being pedantic there by the way, just showing from my experience with a few sites.

Old 12-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEO Dave View Post
Assuming the site is brand new (new domain, not re-sold with history, etc.) which Op hasb't really confirmed, then it DOES take specific sites a long time to get registeredsee here.

I'm not a fan of the "sandbox" term and rarely use it but mentioned it here as OP seemed confused a bit? It is a fact that a new site will take a while to move up ranks (it will "rank" - i.e. appear, but just not move anywhere) cos I've seen it happen about ten times! Certain topics of sites seem to take longer than others (as per link posted).

Not being pedantic there by the way, just showing from my experience with a few sites.
sorry dude but I have to disagree, from our recent experiences over the last year (with more than 30 brand new sites) this just isnt an issue any more if you know what youre doing. want proof?

try this Google search SEO design packages

the sbs-sniper site at one is our new baby, it's 4 weeks and 2 days old. launched 20 Nov here

and check the site half way down the page, its PR5, has 2 of the keywords in the domain and ranks 10 for "SEO" on Google.com (US, is at 13 on global) this shows us that this search isnt that easy

..you can also see it (the sniper) outranking our PR5 site on the topic here..

http://www.google.com/search?q=sbs+s...0&hl=en&num=10

and here

http://www.google.com/search?q=seo+s...0&hl=en&num=10

not being pedantic either but hopefully you see why I have to disagree with you?

Last edited by SmallBusinessSEO; 12-22-2008 at 01:24 PM.

Old 12-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Banned

I current lost my site's ranking from 3rd page to 900 position in google.com. I don't do anything black hat or anything that can result to that. and I can't bring it back.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Contributing Member

I eat my words. I checked out your links (well done), and then did a quick search on 3 new sites I'm managing, and they're all showing up on 1st 2 pages of google.com! I'm very pleased!
In the past, I had (part) managed bigger, older sites with massive competition, and it would take months for us to show in 1st 10 pages, so I had never bothered looking for new sites. You learn something new every day!

Cheers dude. Keep up the good work. And I'll PM you nect time I'm in ibiza!!

Old 12-22-2008, 07:14 PM
Contributing Member

heh, yea shout me up. and it was definitely slower once upon a time, but Google is mind bogglingly fast these days.

Old 12-22-2008, 07:37 PM
Contributing Member

well, there's no shortcut. keep building backlinks for your site. That will do the trick.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:48 PM
Contributing Member

What are the keywords you target? 1 month is not enough for your site to be on top especially to very competitive keywords. Fluctuations in ranking for early stages of SEO is normal, sooner or later it will be place in a stable spot.

Old 12-23-2008, 02:43 AM

just have more patience, it takes time to rank a site

Old 12-23-2008, 03:11 AM
v7n Mentor

Now back to the topic of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by full house View Post
I current lost my site's ranking from 3rd page to 900 position in google.com. I don't do anything black hat or anything that can result to that. and I can't bring it back.
Full house you really need to read what Google wants from site owners. They changed a lot of things back in November.

(from my understanding) if you haven't changed a thing on your pages in a long time and it's full of advertisement Google looks at your site as a "spammer" site. Spammer sites get kicked from indexing or go to the end of the list.

As far as "ranking" goes. Google has flat out said: "Ranking is dead". The three things every article I have read said: conversion, content and bounce rate. ~or~ Keep your site fresh, keep people on your site for a lone time and keep your bounce rate down.

OK that's my

Old 12-23-2008, 04:22 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneo View Post
[B][I]
As far as "ranking" goes. Google has flat out said: "Ranking is dead". The three things every article I have read said: conversion, content and bounce rate. ~or~ Keep your site fresh, keep people on your site for a lone time and keep your bounce rate down.

OK that's my
"Ranking is dead"

actually Google have not said this, its the SEO's looking for headlines.

when someone tells me quite how get people there to convert without ranking in the first place I'll start taking a bit that more seriously.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:47 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:

Hmm it is true, it's hard to start a site and get immediate organic traffic. From my experience 3 months is about right.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:48 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by corneo View Post
I would say since Google has flat out said "Index ranking is gone" it doesn't surprise me your ranking has gone down if not gone.

Google has switch to subjective search results if your site has nothing to offer in a person search request, you don't show up in their search results.

Many are debating on what will help you be on more search results from back links to keywords.
The only thing everybody does know is that search algorithms have changed from 120 to 200.
lol Google is god.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:33 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
lol Google is god.
ha, that's closer than you might think

proof google is god

Old 12-23-2008, 12:20 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
"Ranking is dead"

actually Google have not said this, its the SEO's looking for headlines.

when someone tells me quite how get people there to convert without ranking in the first place I'll start taking a bit that more seriously.
What did they say? You seem to know better. Enlighten me.

(your "seo design packages" doesn't show up on my google search.) Maybe because googles subjective search results doesn't feel it's a response that would interest me.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum