Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 02-10-2009, 02:30 AM
v7n Mentor

Video Opimization

Internet users are fund of watching videos whether it's for educational or entertainment purposes. More and more gadgets are now being invented with the capability of playing videos. SEOs and Webmaster should grab this opportunity to outdo their competitors.

In SEO, video submissions are now being introduce. I personally think that it is the most influential and maybe the most powerful type of marketing/advertising strategy that can help a business to introduce/expose its products and services to the world. Videos are now listed in SERPs and it adds valuable links and alternetive sources to a website.

Video Optimization Tips:
  • Video Content - Your videos should be informative and relevant as always.
  • Baiting - Make your titles/filenames catchy.
  • Video Length - As much as possible don't make your video clips too long. You can also divide your video clips it into smaller parts if its quite long.
  • Meta Data - Use relevant and appropriate keywords and put a short yet informative description in your meta data.
  • Syndication - Submit your video to RSS
  • Putting attractive thumbnails - This will be the one of the deciding factors if someone will going to watch your videos or not.
  • Be Friendly - Allow users to comment and rate your video clips. This will help you to improve your videos if someone can give you good suggestions.
  • Watermarks - We are in the Internet world; where everyhting's can be copied so I strongly suggest to put watermarks in your videos to indicates your ownership and its origin.
  • Opening and Closing Remarks - You can display an image at the beginning at ending part of your videos to enhance your brand or site awareness. It can also trigger your watchers to go directly to your web site.
  • Link Back - Youtube offers its members to "link back" their videos to their respective websites if they uploaded or added a video, so you better grab that opportunity.

Always remember that "Exposure is King".

By the way, here's a list of websites that offer video services. Hope it helps.
http://web2.econsultant.com/videos-h...-services.html

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-10-2009, 02:57 AM
Contributing Member

wonderful tips

Thanks Mico for this wonderful tips really all are very useful and helpful too.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:45 AM
Contributing Member

Another great set of tips from the Akatsuki member
I have to agree some people are visual so they prefer videos over overwhelming text.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:05 AM
Banned

Nice Tips of Video Optimization. Thanks For Sharing Tips

Old 02-10-2009, 09:16 AM
SEO Fanatic

I'd like to add some rep for this but the rep box falls behind the add. It's not the first time this has happened to me.
I'll give it to you on another post.

Good sharing though.
If I can add one more tip: when uploading a video on youtube, you can put the url as the first part of the description, this way, people will easily find your backlink to go from youtube to your website.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:14 AM
v7n Mentor

Adding video to youtube (ads) is a damn good way to get slammed. Never put an ad or promotion anywhere you can't control it.
Put the video on your site.

Nothing better than have someone review your video with Scam, rip-off, crook, etc.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:25 AM
Banned

This is more more helpful..

Thanks

Old 02-10-2009, 10:35 AM
v7n Mentor

a site with a PR of 0 can still get their video at the top

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...eo&btnG=Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...the+fall+video

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...eo&btnG=Search

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...+dragon++video

when those links got to the top the site had a PR 0 - youtube's 9 lol
Video on your site ads weight makes it more authoritative and you have control of it - screw youtube.

Last edited by pinkfluffybunny; 02-10-2009 at 10:40 AM.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:57 AM
v7n Mentor

I would like to add "cute" and "sexy" to that fine list.

Anything "cute" will sell a video. Whether this is kids, pets, animals,,,,,

Sex sells and that is true for your home made videos. If you happen to have a sexy wife, friend, neighbor,,, ask them to help you make the video.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:24 PM
Contributing Member

Video Optimization

Thanks micoblanco..
I heard about video submission but your post had helped me a lot in doing it.. I recently uploaded 3 videos and i am getting good response from them. I likes to add a point to your post that is while giving title to your video use your keyword in your Title. This will make much difference

Old 02-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Contributing Member

When we are talking about videos, what's the first thing that will come up in our mind? Its youtube! right? searchers may tend to go to youtube first. That's why I have to agree that its still good to put video on youtube for ad purposes. Just don't forget to put your link pointing to your website so that people may know that you offer more interesting and related videos on your website.

btw, nice tips you got there micoblanco.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee_el07 View Post
When we are talking about videos, what's the first thing that will come up in our mind? Its youtube! right? searchers may tend to go to youtube first. That's why I have to agree that its still good to put video on youtube for ad purposes. Just don't forget to put your link pointing to your website so that people may know that you offer more interesting and related videos on your website.

Not really, youtube is not just the popular video sharing sites. There are plenty of video sharing sites. Some countries don't permit youtube.

Aside from YOutube here are some popular video sites: http://liveleak.com/, http://www.dailymotion.com/en, Metacafe, etc..

Here's Top Ten Most Popular Video Sites

By the way you can't control videos that you put on youtube . Somebody may copy it and put it in their website. I'd rather put my videos on my website and promote it on this video sharing sites.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:56 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy27 View Post
Aside from YOutube here are some popular video sites: http://liveleak.com/, http://www.dailymotion.com/en, Metacafe, etc..

Here's Top Ten Most Popular Video Sites
Nice list.

Quote:
Somebody may copy it and put it in their website. I'd rather put my videos on my website and promote it on this video sharing sites.
There's a lot of situations where a posted video is removed. And maybe that's how they control it. I had a client before where he was sued for putting some videos he doesn't own. So the video was removed. Some people post videos on some of these popular video sites, and then embed on their own website. (Which I think is not really a good move.) Again, I got this client where his embedded videos (posted on his own site) were ask to be removed due to some copyright issues.

Yes you don't have any control. But you can always ask for it to be removed.
Oh well, prevention is better than cure.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Contributing Member

@ coolguy27, that's what I'm talking about, put your video on your site and promote them on the list of video sharing site you have mentioned above^. If they copied your video and put it in their website, then its time to do some legal actions. Which i think is the best thing to do.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:30 PM
Contributing Member

Thanks for the sharing information about Video Optimization. Am also looking for same information like this.

- Jopson

Old 02-11-2009, 12:20 AM
Banned

nice information mico...thanks for the tips...nowadays many people use video optimization because it is one of the most effective way to advertise....

Old 02-11-2009, 01:05 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenie0109 View Post
Another great set of tips from the Akatsuki member
Off-topic: I'm currently using my sharingan to optimize videos. hehe just kidding.
Quote:
I have to agree some people are visual so they prefer videos over overwhelming text.
Yep. Just like me, I prefer watching videos rather than reading books and manuals . Though reading is one of the most effective ways to gather information... it still makes me sleepy and that's the bottom line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post
Sex sells and that is true for your home made videos. If you happen to have a sexy wife, friend, neighbor,,, ask them to help you make the video.
What do you mean? I can't ever imagine using my wife or people who are close to me just for the sake of advertising. I'll never use my future wife for advertising my business/website through videos. My future wife is one of the most precious gifts that I'm going to recieve from God. As much as possible, I want to keep her private. Just mine! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesfoster View Post
Thanks micoblanco..
I heard about video submission but your post had helped me a lot in doing it.. I recently uploaded 3 videos and i am getting good response from them. I likes to add a point to your post that is while giving title to your video use your keyword in your Title. This will make much difference
Well, good job. You're on the right track buddy. Grats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dee_el07 View Post

Yep. I personally think that youtube is the most popular website that offers video services. There are millions or even billions of people that are fond of watching videos at youtube and that makes it a very good place to advertise/expose business' products and services.

Quote:
By the way you can't control videos that you put on youtube . Somebody may copy it and put it in their website. I'd rather put my videos on my website and promote it on this video sharing sites.
Yep. We can't fully control the videos that we're going to upload at youtube and that's the reason why I listed these tips (quoted below). .
Quote:
  • Watermarks - We are in the Internet world; where everyhting's can be copied so I strongly suggest to put watermarks in your videos to indicates your ownership and its origin.
  • Opening and Closing Remarks - You can display an image at the beginning at ending part of your videos to enhance your brand or site awareness. It can also trigger your watchers to go directly to your web site.

Old 02-11-2009, 06:43 AM
v7n Mentor

video spam is spam - it will bite ya in the end

Old 02-11-2009, 09:05 AM
SEO Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfluffybunny View Post
video spam is spam - it will bite ya in the end
like my neighbor's dog who always looks like he wants me to pet him?

Old 02-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Contributing Member

Thumbs up

just provide a text alternative to the video. if there are lots of words, use the main parts; if there are no words, make your own words to describe the video. job done

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum