Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1  
Old 06-24-2009, 08:59 PM
shivajise shivajise is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-05-09
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 106
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Thumbs up Top 10 SEO Tips for Webmasters/Bloggers from Google!


These tips will be useful to us, especially for the beginners.

Here are the Tops Ten Tip from Google:
  1. Focus on original and compelling content as the foundation of your site.
  2. Put the core content and navigation of your site in text rather than graphics or Flash.
  3. Link thoughtfully. Link to sites you trust and respect.
  4. Test your site on multiple browsers, including on mobile phones.
  5. Don't be fooled into paying for guaranteed Google rankings.
  6. Take advantage of the free online resources at Google Webmaster Central.
  7. Get attention and respect for your site by responsibly participating in online communities.
  8. Protect your site and its visitors. Update your blog/site software to prevent hacking.
  9. Use succinct and distinct title tags and image "alt attributes" to help users and Google understand your site's content
  10. Focus on your passions and your users - then traffic and revenue should follow.


Hope the beginners will find these tips very useful!


Source: Google India Blog
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2  
Old 06-24-2009, 09:32 PM
P.O.S.'s Avatar
P.O.S. P.O.S. is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 03-10-09
Posts: 488
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivajise View Post
5. Don't be fooled into paying for guaranteed Google rankings.
You got that right!
Though it's a very obvious and well proven scam many webmasters still falls on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivajise View Post
10. Focus on your passions and your users - then traffic and revenue should follow.
Yes, I agree on you about this one. As search engine optimizers we really need to connect more with our site/blog visitors' needs instead of just focusing on earning more $$$. Remember that Google prefers quality.
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-02-2009, 05:39 AM
andrewmartins07's Avatar
andrewmartins07 andrewmartins07 is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 05-12-09
Location: India
Posts: 110
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Good info, thanks a lot....
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-02-2009, 11:19 AM
rookiethomas rookiethomas is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 07-02-09
Posts: 201
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Yeah Nice tips....we must abide by the Google rules or ELSE!
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-03-2009, 01:13 AM
kbeus21's Avatar
kbeus21 kbeus21 is offline
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 03-05-09
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 1,071
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Very nice tips I really like the one about community participation. Personally I like after completing on site seo to build a few links to my site making sure to rotate my keywords I would like to rank well for between my opening and closing anchor tags. Anyway very good tips.
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-04-2009, 02:35 AM
alrayesweb alrayesweb is offline
Member
 
Join Date: 07-01-09
Posts: 40
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Thanks for good information by blogging.
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-06-2009, 02:36 PM
core8284's Avatar
core8284 core8284 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: 05-20-08
Location: under the tree
Posts: 845
iTrader: 0 / 0%
This is absolutely true -
Quote:
Don't be fooled into paying for guaranteed Google rankings.
you'll just be spending your bucks for nothin'
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-06-2009, 02:52 PM
angilina angilina is offline
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 03-20-08
Posts: 709
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivajise View Post

These tips will be useful to us, especially for the beginners.

Here are the Tops Ten Tip from Google:
  1. Focus on original and compelling content as the foundation of your site.
  2. Put the core content and navigation of your site in text rather than graphics or Flash.
  3. Link thoughtfully. Link to sites you trust and respect.
  4. Test your site on multiple browsers, including on mobile phones.
  5. Don't be fooled into paying for guaranteed Google rankings.
  6. Take advantage of the free online resources at Google Webmaster Central.
  7. Get attention and respect for your site by responsibly participating in online communities.
  8. Protect your site and its visitors. Update your blog/site software to prevent hacking.
  9. Use succinct and distinct title tags and image "alt attributes" to help users and Google understand your site's content
  10. Focus on your passions and your users - then traffic and revenue should follow.


Hope the beginners will find these tips very useful!


Source: Google India Blog
I think you said it all

Very nice summary about what SEO really is.
 
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-06-2009, 03:50 PM
TrafficBlogger's Avatar
TrafficBlogger TrafficBlogger is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-02-09
Location: California
Posts: 18
iTrader: 0 / 0%
That's pretty much all you've got to do to rank well. Also, target good high search volume keywords with your domain names, and get links, links, and more links!
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Matt Cutts: SEO Tips For Bloggers peter_d Google Forum 6 08-19-2007 05:46 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:52 AM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC