Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 06-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

SEO Tip of the Day for Wednesday, June 30, 2010 - SEO Timeline

One of the SEO things that i never did nor heard about was keeping a SEO timeline. What do you mean by SEO timeline?

Over on the searchengineland blog i found this article on this subject.

Creating And Maintaining An SEO Timeline

Quote:
Nothing is more certain in the world of SEO than the fact that things will change over time. Rankings, search traffic, search algorithms and your website’s structure and content are all mutable. In order to maximize the value of your optimization efforts, it is important to know not only the nature of any given change, but when it occurred. At a fundamental level, it is impossible to make a relationship between cause and effect without knowing the sequence of events.

To this end, it is useful for SEO to plot relevant events and data against a timeline. This is especially true for in-house SEO efforts, as such efforts usually pertain to large, complex websites where there are numerous factors that may influence a site’s search performance over time. Such a method is also most likely to be successful in an in-house environment, where access to information is easier and there is a better chance at...
Continued at: Creating And Maintaining An SEO Timeline

Very good article this was to read. Feel free to make a comment on the blog if you have anything to add to this or want to know more about. I don't think we have a thread on this topic on V7N so feel free to create one.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

SEO Tip of the Day for Thursday, July 1, 2010 - Using Imagery Online

Tonights or todays tip is about using Images.

3 SEO Tips for Using Imagery Online

Quote:
Using pictures or videos online has become commonplace however by following a few seo tips your imagery can also help attract traffic as well. The use of images is recommended to help people better visualize what they are reading but if 'optimized' correctly these images can also attract free online traffic as well. With the proper placement and labeling of images within any content it can actually help to increase your search engine rankings. With an increase in your rankings comes an increase in the amount of free online advertising you can get by being prominently displayed in search results.

Let's look at 3 easy ways in which you can better utilize/optimize images so that they will help boost the...
Continued at: Using Images Online

You are more then welcomed to submit a comment on the site about this article or create a thread in our SEO section about this topic.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-02-2010, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

SEO Tip of the Day for Friday, July 2, 2010 - SEO Tips for Premium Domains

Tonights tip is about Premium domains and SEO. Remember this blog post when you are thinking about starting another site or looking for a domain to purchase.

SEO Tips for Premium Domains

Quote:
Using a keyword-rich premium domain for SEO purposes is still the Achilles heel for search engine algorithms to dissuade rankings from rising in the SERPs (search engine result pages) spontaneously.

The more keywords you add to the domain, the less relevant it becomes (much like a title tag or URL naming convention). From the standpoint of SEO, shorter is better for dialing in a specific type of ranking factor, however pertaining to domains and domain acquisition, the .com keyword specific domains were the first to get purchased from someone who understands the real value of domaining (selling them for a hefty price).

Under this scenario, the grueling disposition of time, links, content and authority are minimized by the mere virtue of the exact match URL metric. Considering that...
Continued at: SEO Tips for Premium Domains

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-03-2010, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

SEO Tip of the Day for Saturday, July 3, 2010 - Bad Neighborhoods

This SEO tip is not about the bad neighborhoods in your state but about staying out of bad neighborhoods online.

Very good article to read.

Quote:
Pаrt οf tһе competition tһаt exists fοr high rankings οח search engine results pages includes web site owners аחԁ webmasters tһаt аrе willing tο сυt corners аחd manipulate tһе search engines tο reach tһеіr objectives. Defined аѕ black hat techniques, tһеѕе practices аrе targeted bу tһе search engines аחԁ penalized wһеח discovered. Tһе penalties range іח severity frοm demotion οf a ranking tο tһе stock market equivalent οf a de-listing wһеrе tһе site іѕ taken out οf tһе search engines’ index.

Unfortunately, tһе spiders tһаt crawl websites саחחοt delineate between tһе intentional аחd accidental implementation οf practices tһаt cross tһе line іחtο perceived manipulation. One οf those manipulative practices іѕ tһе linking οf a website іחtο wһаt Google refers аѕ “bаԁ neighborhoods”.
Continued at: Bad Neighborhoods Tips

No comments so for on this blog about this article. I'm a little shocked myself, if you have anything to add to this article or have a problem with something mentioned in it.... just create a new thread about this topic.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

SEO Tip of the Day for Sunday, July 4, 2010 - Google SEO Tools

Do you use any tools to monitor stats about your website? I am talking about stat's that you use to improve your SEO among other things. Make sure you read this whole blog post, some useful tools and information is provided in it. I am just about getting ready to head off to a bar-b-que but wanted to update this sticky thread since i will forget later tonight.

Google SEO: SEM Rush, Xenu, Analytics and Webmaster Tools

Quote:
Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools are a storehouse of data which can be used for search engine optimization. However, when combined with a few other stellar SEO tools creates a winning combination for data-mining your own historical benchmarks to facilitate tangible KPI’s (key performance indicators) and ROI thresholds for future keyword and conversion conquests.

Just as the statement above postulates, it’s not the SEO Tools you use, it’s HOW you use them that counts. The key is to know where to look and why, then armed with that data you know what to change and how to create optimal pages for search.

Using the techniques elaborated in this post, you can determine the health of a web page from the standpoint of SEO and whether or not it needs more attention, content or links to provide present and future-tense long-term value.
Continued at: Google SEO Tools

Using tools to monitor stat's on your site can be a real life saver for you. I know latley the tools i use have opened up my eyes about some things. Feel free to comment on the blog or create a thread on here if there is not one already made about this topic.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

SEO Tip of the Day for Monday, July 5, 2010 - 7 Types of SEO Evidence

This tip is for Monday.

Thought i go in a different direction sort of with this SEO tip of the day. This is a long blog post on the SEOmoz blog. This is a very good blog post to read. Very well written.

7 Types of SEO Evidence

Quote:
We've had a lot of discussions recently about SEO as a Science. Unfortunately, these discussions sometimes devolve into arguments over semantics or which approach is the "best" in all situations. I'd like to step back for a few moments today and talk about the wider world of SEO evidence. While not all of these types of evidence are "science" in the technical sense, they are all important to our overall understanding. We need to use the best pieces of all of them if we ever hope to develop a mature science of SEO.
Continued at: 7 Types of SEO Evidence

Feel free to post your comments on the SEOmoz blog if you would like to comment on this. Perhaps create a thread on V7N if you wish to debunk this or just want to comment on it.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Last edited by snakeair; 07-06-2010 at 10:22 PM. Reason: date

Old 07-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

SEO Tip of the Day for Tuesday, July 6, 2010 - Onsite Behavioral Targeting

Ok, now we are up-to-date on the SEO tips.

I found this good blog post on the Search Engine Journal blog.

An Optimization Guide for Onsite Behavioral Targeting

Quote:
Onsite behavioral targeting can help you personalize your Web pages to create comfort and confidence for your visitors, ultimately driving them deeper into your site with higher engagement. Based on learned behaviors and predictive attributes, analytics engines can automatically serve content that resonates with each visitor’s intent and drives action.

Such a solution can collect and utilize hundreds of anonymous data point relative to each individual visitor. Alleged self-learning algorithms can draw out the most relevant attributes for each site visitor, track visitor activity in real time and record and cluster onsite activities. The end result delivers increased loyalty, engagement and revenue.

These analytic and predictive abilities can be used to promote different offerings on your site, engaging your visitors and pushing them into learning more about your products and services. Businesses can run...
Continued at: Onsite Behavioral Targeting

Feel free to post any questions that you may have on the blog itself. Lot's more good information on this blog also.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Super Moderator

SEO Tip of the Day for Wednesday, July 7, 2010 - Excessive Worry About Competition

Here is another great blog post on my favorite blog. seobook.com

We all worry about our competition and want to find a way to beat them. This is a good blog post to read that has some good tips.

Quote:
Do you worry too much about who you are competing against? Do you feel competitive research leads to many more "move on please" rather than "let's go!" types of outcomes? Believe it or not, it may be a good sign.

Competition is usually a good thing, it means something is worth fighting for. A lot of hucksters try to push ways to "Uncover hidden markets that nobody else knows about, that you can make millions from with little effort, and that is yours for just $47."

Here is the problem with lots of opportunity and 0 competition: businesses follow the money and shorten the supply chain. If an ad market is ripe it means that some of those advertisers are also going to be publishers in the same darn market, targeting the same darn keywords. So if there is big money there will be competition. It is unavoidable.

It isn't so much that specific niches are glossed over, but more to do with the fact that the bigger a site gets and the more keywords it targets the less time it has to focus on ...
Continued at: Excessive Worrying = Missed Opportunities

I hope this blog post has helped you out in some sort of way.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

SEO Tip of the Day for Thursday, July 8, 2010 - How to Make Your Content Trusted

First blog i went to was the SearchEngineGuide.com this evening and a blog post caught my eye. You may like this one or may have a few questions about what was said. I am not a mind reader but feel free to make a comment on the blog about this. So far no one posted comments or questions about this blog post.

How to Make Your Content Trusted Content
Quote:
I was talking with a client the other day about how to optimize their content. They kept saying, in a way of trying to understand what they need to do to improve their website, that what they need to do is to create a bunch of content and keep using their keywords over and over.

Uh... no.

That might work in politics, where saying something enough times gets people to start believing it's true. But, not online.

People are pretty adept at sniffing out the fakes. If your readers come to your site and just see a lot of unnecessary repetition of your keywords, they are going to see right through that. Even if they don't realize it on a conscious level, their spider-senses will kick in, and they'll walk away just because they are not "feelin' it".

The issue is one of trust. Your readers may...
Continued at: How to Make Your Content Trusted Content

Latley i have been posting a lot of tips related to keywords. I may sound like a broken record but how you use your keywords can make or break your site in some ways. Just don't keyword stuff all over your site. If you would like to post your comments about this blog post on V7N, please create a thread so everyone can join in on the conversation.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

SEO Tip of the Day for Sunday, July 11, 2010 - Data Blindness

While surfing the internet, i just happened to stumble upon this blog post about "Data Blindness"

Very good blog post and there is even a Matt Cutts (old video) in it. Anyways, please read the whole blog post to get the whole picture.

Quote:
Nothing in your search marketing campaign is as important as the data you collect and react on. However, there are basically two types of data that SEOs look at:
  • Campaign Data
  • Third Party Data

Campaign data is worth its weight in gold, but too many SEOs become blinded by third party data, and allow it to affect decision making about their marketing campaigns. Third party data is valuable as a learning tool and can help create great foundations for testing and segmenting campaign data, but at the end of the day, marketers must leave major decisions to campaign data alone..
Continued at: Data Blindness

There are some good comments posted on this blog so far. Be sure to read them before post your comments on that bog. I do hope all of you are collecting data to fine tune your marketing and SEO efforts.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator

SEO Tip of the Day for Monday, July 12, 2010 - Give Stuck Pages a Push

The coffee has not kicked in yet but i did manage to find a SEO tip for everyone.

SEO Tips to Give Stuck Pages a Push

Quote:
How many layers deep are you linking for your websites link building campaign? You often hear about the various tiers of optimization and the types of SEO tactics used by many to create link diversity, but how deep do you link (from site to site), how often and to which pages? Just in case your forgot, here are a few SEO Tips to give pages a push in the right direction.

Although it is true that search engines measure the gravity, frequency, link clusters and relevance of links, leaving pages out to dry in between hopeless and insignificant is never a suitable fate for any of the pages that deserve traffic.]

For example, by linking...
Continued at: Give Stuck Pages a Push

Feel free to post your comments on this blog if you have anything to add to this. Or like always, create a thread on V7N so we can talk about this more.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-12-2010, 11:04 PM
V7N Administrator

SEO Tip of the Day for Tuesday, July 13, 2010 - Improve Your Writing Skills

I am certain this has probably been discussed many times in this thread, but I am going to go ahead and bring it up again.

You will save so much time on SEO if you take the time to provide high quality content that people WANT to link to naturally because they want to share your site with others. If writing isn't your biggest strength then invest the time in learning ways to improve, then practice, practice, practice. The more you do it, the better you will get!

Join V7N on Facebook today! facebook.com/V7Network

Old 07-14-2010, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

SEO Tip of the Day for Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - SEO Link Building

Todays tip is about SEO link building. I never been to this blog before not until tonight but thought this was a well written blog post that is useful.

Proper way of SEO Link Building

Quote:
Links are like votes. In general, the more links that cast “votes” for your web site on a specific topic, the more the search engines can be confident that your website will provide that subject matter. Without these critical votes it can be very difficult for your average web page to attain good search engine results. Text links are just what they sound like; actual text that is hyperlinked from an outside source to a page inside your website. There is a very specific formula and process to creating these links. Because the search engines read text, they use a text matching process to decide how relevant each link (vote) is to its destination.

Link building is supposed to be natural, but when you’re competing for some major keywords, you have to be proactive. In a political campaign, you go out and entice people to vote for you. Similarly with link building, you have to go out and make contact with those that will vote for you, or in other words, link back to your site.

Any website that you...
Continued at: SEO Link Building

If you have anything to add or two correct about this blog post, please post a comment on the blog or create a thread here if we do not have one already about this same subject.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

SEO Tip of the Day for Thursday, July 15, 2010 - SEO Myths and Facts

SEO Myths and Facts

This a nice short blog post but to the point.

Quote:
In the decade since the engine was first invented, the field of search engine optimization has evolved. Some old information and old wives’ tales “still exist, and these can damage your ranking.

Myths and outdated techniques fall into several broad categories:

- Keyword density
- Tags and META
- Links
- Analytics is Free
- Unique content
- Website-designers should know how to rank websites
- Voice of authority
- Professional networking for link sharing
- Crawler files
Continued at: SEO Myths and Facts

Read the whole blog post because there is more information on the list in this thread. Feel free to drop a comment on the blog about this or create a thread on V7N about this topic if you would like to add information that may have been missed.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-17-2010, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

SEO Tip of the Day for Friday, July 16, 2010 - Navigation & Information Architecture

This type is for yesterday. Could not update this thread do to the forum downtime.

Site Navigation & Information Architecture Fundamentals For SEOs

Quote:
One of the most confusing skills to teach someone who practices organic search engine optimization is called “information architecture” (aka “IA”). I’ve given several talks on the topic in an effort to chip away at some popular misconceptions. Each time the audience has people who refer to themselves as an SEO, IA or usability professional. Typically we’re allotted anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes to discuss “successful information architecture.” Since IA is not the same for SEO and Usability (closely related however), conveying the nuances of how, why, when, where and what information architecture is to each profession feels like a disaster.

Adding to the frustration of communicating what IA is and what it’s for are terms like “mental model,” “taxonomy,” “ontology,” “wayfinder” and many more. If I were to list all the pieces of the information architecture puzzle here, it would take up too much space.

It’s easy to think that IA is all about navigation or even is navigation. It’s not navigation if you think of navigation as offering directions to get from one place to another place. Rather, it’s offering directions in a manner that depends on who or what is asking for them.

For this article, I’m going to focus on information architecture as it is used by someone who optimizes web site pages for search engines. You’ll see the..
Continued at: Site Navigation & Information Architecture Fundamentals For SEOs

Feel free to post your comments on the blog itself or create a thread on V7N forum.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-18-2010, 07:56 PM
Super Moderator

SEO Tip of the Day for Sunday, July 18, 2010 - Alt Attribute & SEO

Found a good article on Alt Attribute. This is sort of important information to know about. Take the time to read this long article if you have some time to kill tonight.

Alt Attribute & SEO
Quote:
Optimizing images is becoming more and more important in SEO (Search Engine Optimization) for websites. The ALT attribute is a critical step that is often overlooked. This can be a lost opportunity for better rankings.

In Google’s webmaster guidelines, they advise the use of alternative text for the images on your web site:

Quote:
Images:. Use the alt attribute to provide descriptive text. In addition, we recommend using a human-readable caption and descriptive text around the image.
Why would they ask us to do that? The answer is simple, really; search engines have the same problem as blind users. They cannot see the images.

Many webmasters and inexperienced or unethical SEOs abuse the use of this attribute, trying to stuff it with keywords, hoping to achieve a certain keyword density, which is not as relevant for rankings now as it once was.

On the contrary,
Continued at: Alt Attribute & SEO

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

SEO Tip of the Day for Monday, July 19, 2010 - SEO, SERPs, and Your First Impression

Mondays Tip is a very good tip.

SEO, the SERPs, and Your First Impression

Quote:
Web designers and usability experts dole solely in the interaction between a site and its visitors. These professionals take to heart the look and feel of site templates, content messages, and visual cues to ensure that the consumers of the site content will remain on pages longer and follow the intended purpose or funnel of the site. But what about how web searchers interact with your site, before they even hit the landing page?

For those in the search engine optimization (SEO) world, it's difficult not to fall into the obsession toward keyword placement and rankings and to lose focus on the user experience. Several SEOs and online marketers have covered in-depth the...
Continued at: SEO, SERPs, and Your First Impression

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

SEO Tip of the Day for Tuesday, July 20, 2010 - Optimizing Yourself For The Yahoo

I am sure many of you have heard about what's going on with yahoo and microsoft by now. If not, then read the blog post i am about to like ya'll to a little more closely. This from the searchengineland.com blog

Quote:
With the Yahoo/Microsoft Search Alliance in full swing, the accompanying transitions of both paid and organic search are imminent. As such, search publishers and search marketers alike have some work to do. I’m going to walk you through this as best I can from the perspective of a large advertiser within Yahoo. I will endeavor to provide tips and information that will enable both large and small advertisers, publishers, and webmasters to navigate the process smoothly. I’ll progress from the simplest of issues to the more complex, starting with a guide to resources.
Continued at: Optimizing Yourself For The Yahoo

Additional Links of interest about this: Yahoo Starts Testing Bing in Search Results

If you want to comment on this then please create a thread on V7N forum.

Thanks

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-21-2010, 09:13 AM

Every person who is working on SEO techniques should consider that the content writing he is using should not be duplicate and strictly avoid plagiarism and for that you should avoid copying articles from free websites the better option is to spend some money and buy articles to avoid such problems and the best way to increase your site ranking is through circulating seo articles on article submission sites such as ezine.

Last edited by DocSheldon; 07-21-2010 at 09:25 AM.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:34 AM

What I normally do, I hire someone will write for me and I buy a article spinner then I spin the article (includes title) to 50+ copies and manually submit it to article directories. By this process you submitted a unique and look original article but same content.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum