Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 03-17-2010, 01:47 AM

Will Drastic change in keyword across tags and content change search engine ranking ?

I worked hard on content for my website ananya-seo-services.com for months, until it reached first or second position in SERP for search for 'seo agency bangalore'

I was disappointed by very low organic traffic. I kept mulling over changing 'agency' to 'company', but thought 'why upset the apple cart?' On 27 Feb 2010, I mustered courage and took the decision on drastic change : out went 'agency' in body text, titles and tags, replaced by 'company'.

I am intrigued to note that even today, 17 March 2010, my site is ranked No 1 or sometimes 2 for 'seo agency bangalore' and 33rd position for 'seo agency india'

Google maintains a list of synonyms. So ranking for site on the word ‘company’ may also show when a user searches for the word ‘agency’. Granted they're not exactly the same, they're interchangeable to the general public.

But, how would one explain the fact that the site ananya-seo-services.com is not found in first 200 results for 'seo company india' even after replacing 'agency' with 'company'? It now ranks 184 for 'seo company bangalore'. Before the change, it did not rank in 200 for either of the phrases.

One reason could be the very high competition for 'seo company india' as compared to 'seo agency india'. Same holds true for country as keyword versus city.

So my advice to webmasters is to go ahead and take some risk with fine-tuning keywords once your website is ranked high and gets page rank 2 or more.

Last edited by snakeair; 03-17-2010 at 08:33 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-17-2010, 04:13 AM
Banned

Ranking will takes place and depends on the keywords that you are using if your keywords has a high competitor you can copy their tactics to o with the flow and double your work so that you can get ahead of them. Google Keyword external tool can help you figuring out which keyword you can use that is right for your site.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:32 PM

Hey,
its true that a drastic change in the keywords will definitely affects your ranking. As keywords and the description are the two major factor which affects your ranking. Whenever you searches something on search engines it firstly sees the domain name and after that it sees the keywords and the description which you have written in your web page.
The best way to choose better keywords is to see what keywords and description strategy they are using. Check your services in the search engine and check those sites which are coming on top and check their strategies.

Hope it will be useful to you..

Old 03-25-2010, 02:34 AM
Banned

Competition between seo company banglore and seo agency banglore would be different. SEO Company Banglore will be high competition then collect maximum backlinks used seo company banglore as anchor text.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum