Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 02-22-2005, 03:05 PM
Contributing Member

What is this person doing?

Hi everyone, While doing a search on how my site was doing in the SE's I came across this site. http://www.morgen-kulturberichte.at/...inedirect.html

My website however is www.freemedicinedirect.com I haven't done nearly as much SEO as I would like but thats because we are very visible on radio and TV right now, so generally if someone goes to the SE's they are probably going to type the company name in the search bar as I just did... and thats when I came across this site.whats the purpose of this site? and is this person is trying to capitalize on our media spends? I don't see much here and I could not see the source code either, what gives?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-22-2005, 04:00 PM

Looks odd to me, pretty sure that it's not a coincidence but email them and ask, tell them your not happy and see what they say...

...Let us know if you get a reply.

Hmm... Thats weird; they have a "noarchive" meta tag - so no Google cache and therefore only searchable on those words in the URL. Strange. I wouldn't worry about it too much...

Last edited by jg_v7n; 02-22-2005 at 04:04 PM.

Old 02-23-2005, 06:41 AM
Contributing Member

I couldn't find an email and I tried to do a whois and an international whois and still couldn't pull anything. How come I could not see the source code either? I agree about not worrying though, because as soon as someone would go to the site, they'd see it was not worth looking at. My only thought was that he was using links to sites with a high PR to drive his up, but he has no content, unless he's using this site to drive up PR of another of his sites. I peeled back his URL and found another page title that said south beach diets...So....He's up to something...or maybe nothing

Old 02-23-2005, 06:58 AM

Don't know why you can't see the source - I can see it fine. Try emailing webmaster@....

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum