Multiple Domains for Multiple stores or all on 1 domain?
I currently own a .com E-Commerce webstore mainly catering to UK Customers running on CRE Loaded. However, I am looking to have similar e-commerce stores for other countries using the same “Brand Name”. I want to build the brand. I will be using different dropship suppliers for each of my stores. The current .com store has plenty of content such as Articles, videos etc, designed to attract SEO traffic and offer content to the customer.
Now my question is, from a SEO point of view as well as from an organisation perspective, am I better off having different URL’s for each of my store, i.e, .co.uk .co.nz etc or having different all the stores on the same URL. Here are the advantages and disadvantages of each of the approach, however I would appreciate your opinions
Advantages of Having all stores on a .com Domain
• Same content can be offered to all customers
• Easy to Manage
Disadvantages of having all stores on a .com domain
• SEO difficult as American and UK Spellings differ
Advantages of Multiple Domains
• Less confusion for the customer as FAQ’s can be customised for each store
• Different dropshippers will have different rules hence customisation would be easier
• SEO Campaigns can be more targeted
Disadvantages of Multiple Domains
• Lot of time required to manage different sites
• Unique content will have to be created for all sites
The other option I was considering was having one main store with all the content and having only products on other stores. I can aggressively market my main store and have links to my other stores for customers who may want to buy locally?
I would be really thankful for opinions and suggestions as this is a key decision for me.