Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-19-2010, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Link Back To Your Site In Simple & Effective Ways

Just would like to share this article with you all.

Quote:
You have finally set up your own site & are eagerly waiting for your business to flourish. But have you given a thought to how users online will know a site like yours exists? Well, if no one knows your site exists how would you sell your product or get more clients? The entire e-business world relies on one simple thing to gain visibility and get more profit. Yes, search engines like Yahoo, Google and Bing determine which sites are visible and which are not. And for a search engine to place your website at the top, you need to have good backlinks.

The high page rank that you crave for is attainable only if you have done your homework and set up good backlinks. Making your site appear in the top pages of a search engine requires a great deal of backlinks which will ultimately ensure that you have traffic in your website. And the procedure is simple. There are many legal ways to create backlinks to your site. First you have to learn how..
Source and continued at: http://www.sitepronews.com/2010/10/1...ffective-ways/

If ya'll have any more tips for this sticky thread please post them.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 10-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Contributing Member

1. recall any of your friends or their friends who are studying in any University. All the Universities as per EDUCASE have authority to have a .edu domain. Now if your friend is having a blog there, tell him to write a blog related to your web content and insert a link to your website. (.edu links are the most trusted and credible links to gain High PR and better SERP.

2. Continue following any of the professor's blog on .edu site, analyze what he is writing about, post comments on his blogs without any lust of getting links (No attempt of backlink while posting comment). The professor will took you in notice. After some time send him an exclusively written blog content related to his thoughts and ask him if he could give you any link.

3.Keep watching Universities/colleges who are trying to get their websites either designed or re-designed offer them a free web designing service and other maintenance services for free. (Here it doesn't mean that you are a web designer, instead if you are not a designer hire some one and get that work done for them. Lastly try to ask for a footer link. May be they would interested as you offered all the services free of cost.
##- This service can also be given to Government websites.

Hope all these work.

Thanks

Old 10-30-2010, 06:24 AM
Contributing Member

I hit on all my vendors.

If you've done some graphics work for me, before I've even paid your bill, I have sent you an email with a quote endorsing your work and suggested that you post it on your website. And, I've included the link back to me that I want.

And since I get freelance help with graphics, coding, taxes, and have vendors for email marketing and tax prep and for roofing repair, I get a lot of links. Some are more relevant than others, granted.
Are your kids using SpellingCity.com? Why not?

Old 11-03-2010, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranvijay View Post
1. recall any of your friends or their friends who are studying in any University. All the Universities as per EDUCASE have authority to have a .edu domain. Now if your friend is having a blog there, tell him to write a blog related to your web content and insert a link to your website. (.edu links are the most trusted and credible links to gain High PR and better SERP.
I have tried this and I was able to get a .EDU backlink. But I really couldn't quantify the effects it brought to my site. But I guess it should help a lot.

Old 12-09-2010, 09:54 AM
v7n Mentor

MJ how is HARO going? I had some good early success, i.e. getting a link in an About.com article and a mention in a print article but have not had time to keep up with it.

For me one thing that has worked well is Articlesbase. They are nofollow, but they have traffic. And for me they seem to get used by a wide variety of other publishers looking for content and many of those publishers are dofollow. Some of the sites that have picked up my articles provide very regular traffic even long after original publication.

The other thing is online yellow pages. You don't need a physical location for many of them, just a phone number. With a toll free number you can publish your listing in any locale. I don't really worry whether they are follow or not because they bring steady streams of traffic.

Old 12-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I tried HARO few times and no one chomped on the bait ... lately I have been too busy to read them.

Nice post, I added some rep.

Let's connect on Google+ and share what we're reading and writing.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Revisiting The Tried and True

I ran across a terrific link building guide from SEO Moz today. It covers directory submissions, usurping competitors links, even getting links from the competition!

As I ran through the article, I was reminded that revisiting old techniques often brings results. I ran a link search from the list below and moments later had found an excellent high PR page for a client link! I will be doing some more link searches this week.

Quote:
Link Searches

This old technique has been honed to a science by many SEOs, but there is always room to improve. The goal is to use Google/Yahoo to search for pages that let you add a link (reciprocal, paid, etc.) that already have your keyword or some closely related content on them. Often these searches turn up smalltime site operators with reciprocal link directories managed by 3rd party software. Don't overlook these, and make sure you submit. But the real prize is pages that give free links or offer paid links to sites they feel are important - many of the highest PR links can be obtained through this method, especially if you conduct the search at SEOChat's PR Search Tool.

The following searches are worthy of being tried, but feel free to experiment:
1. intitle:add+url "keyword phrase"
2. intitle:submit+site "keyword phrase"
3. intitle:submit+url "keyword phrase"
4. intitle:add+site "keyword phrase"
5. intitle:add+your+site "keyword phrase"
6. intitle:directory "keyword phrase"
7. intitle:list "keyword phrase"
8. intitle:sites "keyword phrase"

All of the above searches can be used without the intitle to give even more results. As with other link building processes, these are tedious and time-consuming, but it is critical to stay focused on finding quality, relevant links. When using this method, make sure you note to which other sites the page is linking and what text content is listed. If it fits well with your content, don't worry if the page is PR0.
The article also covers some other basics, a couple of "advanced" techniques and offers an excellent list of article directories and a list of free press release sites: http://www.seomoz.org/article/advanced-link-building.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:37 AM
Contributing Member

The right answer is to have content that is attractive and merits attention (and links). And then bring it to everyone's attention through a variety of PR and link-building techniques hoping to get enough momentum that soon, the links build themselves (well, people find your site and link to it by themselves). This is going viral!

For an example of this, check out VocabularyCity.com
Are your kids using SpellingCity.com? Why not?

Old 01-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Rest In Peace 1946 Ė 2013
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnegood View Post
The right answer ... bring it to everyone's attention through a variety of PR and link-building techniques hoping to get enough momentum that soon, the links build themselves (well, people find your site and link to it by themselves).
Hm-mm.

Isn't this a restatement of the question, rather than an answer?

The OP seeks specific approaches & techniques that have worked well for others.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Alternative Ways to Find Sites for Link Building

This was posted on Search Engine Watch today so I thought I would add it:
Quote:
Searching for sites to get links from can be time-consuming, and often frustrating. With search engine results filled with Made for AdSense sites (MFAs) it's time to explore other ways to find sites for link marketing.

Now, there's nothing wrong with getting a link from a site plastered with AdSense as long as it has a good link profile. Many old sites with great link profiles earn revenue this way.

But how do you find a newer site with a few good backlinks that ranks well? Here are some ways to find sites for link marketing.
Alternative Ways to Find Sites for Link Building

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

An 8 Step Guide for Link Builders

I got a helpful blog post for ya'll to read.

Fixing the Web's Lost Content: An 8 Step Guide for Link Builders

Quote:
Interested in a link building strategy that's effective, scalable, and even provides a sort of public service? Here's how it works: you find pages linking to dead pages, research the content, revive it on your site, then e-mail the webmaster to let them know their link is dead and point them to your replacement.

Using broken links in link building is by no means new. In the past, this technique was typically used as an icebreaker for starting a conversation with a webmaster who you hope to contact ("Hey did you know you have a broken link on your resources page, and oh by the way, can I get my site on there too?").

As Kristi Hines pointed out, its genius is that by "checking for broken links ... [webmasters] have a reason to go modify it."

What's new about this strategy is that it takes an extreme approach to designing an entire campaign around creating content curators want to link to -- it's a safe bet they want to fix their dead links. Here's how to do it.

What you need:
Continued at: http://searchenginewatch.com/3641839

Feel free to post a blog comment on searchenginewatch.com blog

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 02-13-2011, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Tips for Developing a Link Building Strategy

Nick Stamoulis wrote a article on the sitepronews blog that is worth a share on this forum. Please take a look at it.

Quote:
Link building should be considered phase two of any SEO campaign (on-site optimization being phase one) and is a critical component of maintaining site ranking and establishing a trust factor with the search engines.

Link building is an ongoing campaign necessary for improving a websiteís inbound link stream which can help promote your brand and overall visibility in the search engines. Link building can also help boost unique visitors to your site which in turn can lead to an increase in conversions. Link building efforts come in many forms including: local profiles, blogging and blog commenting, social networking, directory submission and online publicity, among others.

The overall goal of a link building strategy is to grow links from many different, but relevant, sources over time. Most link building strategies range from 3 months to a year and should incorporate 10-20 different scheduled tasks a month. It is important to...
Continued at: http://www.sitepronews.com/2011/02/1...usive-article/

Happy Link building.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 02-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Administrator

Good Metrics to Determine the Link Value: NOT Toolbar PageRank

Quote:
If you asked me to name the biggest irritation that I encounter when dealing with links, Iíd have to say that itís the belief that Googleís Toolbar Page Rank is the best method of defining quality. A notoriously tricky little metric, the TBPR has become a very common source of headaches for almost everyone.

Two reasons:

1. Sometimes TBPR checkers donít work.

Gah. I have 20 link builders using a few different tools to check TBPR and maybe 20% of the time, they send in a link close listing the TBPR but, when one of us oppressive managers checks it, itís showing as unranked or itís simply not the same number they initially reported.

While I know this metric can fluctuate, it doesnít usually change from a 4 to unranked within the span of 5 minutes, on a consistent basis. What if you were searching for a great site to get a link from and you found your perfect page but it was showing as unranked? Would you pass? Many link builders would. Thatís a nice loss of opportunity.

2. Many (most) people arenít really sure what Toolbar Page Rank actually indicates.

Itís erroneous to think that this easily seen metric is a true way to gauge how valuable Google thinks your site is. Since I canít express it any better than David Harry, just go and read what he has to say on the matter.

So if TBPR is so misunderstood and, um, not always correctly viewed through tools, what metrics CAN you use to determine whether a link on a site is worth going after?
Read more: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/g...agerank/27843/

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 02-16-2011, 07:32 AM
Super Moderator

Gain More from Your Link Building

Good morning everyone.

Quote:
Link building is rarely a favorite task for a webmaster to perform but it is certainly one of the most important. There are many ways to obtain backlinks, some of which take a lot of time and patience before seeing any benefits of all your hard work. The good news is that some link building techniques help you grow your network and gain traffic too.

Make the Most of Your Efforts

Given that almost all link building tasks take a lot of your valuable time, it makes sense to try and get the most out of any effort you do put in. One excellent way of getting much more than a link is to create Squidoo lenses. Not only does a Squidoo lens get you followed links back to your site, they are a potential revenue stream and could also send traffic to your website.

If youíve never set up a Squidoo lens before it could seem like it will be....
Continued at: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/g...uilding/27873/

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 03-21-2011, 11:58 PM
Contributing Member

Things have to work so natural rather than follow obsessive strategies for ranking high. If you have an authority content out there, and managed to have social media presence where you get these links going out, there is going to be a stream of traffic flooding in, and if the content is found interesting enough you are going to be linked to. Therefore its the long term strategy that matters. Hiring a link exchange service who may go about swapping just any links will not help achieve the marketing objectives of the site.

Old 03-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by myshow View Post
Things have to work so natural rather than follow obsessive strategies for ranking high. If you have an authority content out there, and managed to have social media presence where you get these links going out, there is going to be a stream of traffic flooding in, and if the content is found interesting enough you are going to be linked to. Therefore its the long term strategy that matters. Hiring a link exchange service who may go about swapping just any links will not help achieve the marketing objectives of the site.
I appreciate your point of view, but this thread is specifically for sharing tips for link building. If you have a look through the posts so far, you will see what I mean.

Got a specific one?

Old 03-28-2011, 07:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alishaneuron View Post
Well Miss Mjtaylor I appreciate your whole suggestion. But what about spamming? The one article are you posting again and again on different websites. Is n't it a spamming. What should we do to escape from it?
I don't believe I ever suggested posting any content on more than one site. Yes, I would call that spamming. How to escape from it? Don't do it?

Old 03-28-2011, 03:26 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtaylor View Post
I don't believe I ever suggested posting any content on more than one site. Yes, I would call that spamming.
Posting ones own content in more than one location is de facto spamming?

Old 03-28-2011, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
Posting ones own content in more than one location is de facto spamming?
I assume you read the context of the comment and are just being very picky, for the sake of absolute clarity. Of course, there are times when posting the same content in several places is not spammy, but the content and context in question was an article that is posted over and over again on different websites. Yes, that sounds spammy to me.

Have you got an example of when it wouldn't be?

Old 03-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtaylor View Post
I assume you read the context of the comment and are just being very picky, for the sake of absolute clarity. Of course, there are times when posting the same content in several places is not spammy, but the content and context in question was an article that is posted over and over again on different websites. Yes, that sounds spammy to me.
IMO, absent a specific context - "over and over" is indeterminate - it's purely speculative.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum