Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Super Moderator

Linkbuilding Like a Nerd #SESNY

Nice little blog post that i thought about sharing in this sticky thread.

Quote:
Linkbuilding has to be one of my favorite aspects of SEO. All too often people use the analogy of linkbuilding being a popularity contest. As someone who views linkbuilding in a somewhat different light – and as someone who was considered by only his parents as ‘cool’ – I think it’s time to put that analogy to bed. Yes, being the sexy-fun brand will undoubtedly drive links for your site. But in my opinion, it’s the quality of the information on the page that will not only help you succeed in proactively acquiring links, but will also inspire others to link to your page. Or to return to the analogy, the cool kid might start out with the lead, but it’s the smart kid (see nerd) who ends up winning in the long run.

It is that passion for linkbuilding that drove me to put Linkbuilding Essentials as one of my can’t miss SES New York sessions…and it didn’t disappoint. Debra Mastaler, President of Alliance-Link, presented solo and here are just some of the highlights.
Continued at: http://www.toprankblog.com/2012/03/l...-a-nerd-sesny/

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 04-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

12 Timeless Link Building Tips for Business Blogs

These tips are a little old but it should be a reminder to you.

Quote:
As a key component of a hub and spoke online marketing strategy, blogs can be very effective for social media network engagement, online PR, customer service, and as search engine optimization assets. While there are numerous cases studies of business blogs (I like to think Online Marketing Blog is one) providing tremendous value, blogs are simply software tools and what you get out of them is in proportion to how well you know how to use them. One of the common areas of lost opportunity with business blogs is link building.

Despite Panda, Penguin and maybe someday “Zebra?”, updates from Google to further filter out what constitutes useful content and links on the web, links will always be valuable for attracting traffic. Some online marketers chase exploits, tricks or shortcuts only to get spanked by a black and white named-animal update from Google. Why not spend that creativity on something of value and competitive advantage that withstands the advancing filters applied by search engines?

Here are a few timeless tips for building natural links that will attract and engage customers to your business blog:
Continued at: http://www.toprankblog.com/2012/04/t...building-tips/

If you want to make a comment about this blog post, post a blog comment.

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 05-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

7 Simple Deep Linking Tactics You Ought to Use

Another good link building blog post to check out.

Quote:
Most people who work on the web…whether they are veteran SEOs or web content strategists…know about deep linking.

They understand that it is all about linking internal pages. You link internal pages to other internal pages…and you get other sites to link to these internal pages

But few of them actually understand the advanced tactics of deep linking that reduce visitor bounce rate while improving page views, time on site and even subscriber numbers.

If you’d like to learn more about the importance of deep linking, deep linking tactics and when you should avoid deep linking…keep reading.
Continued at: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/7...-to-use/43236/

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 05-08-2012, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Link Building A-Z Guide – Definitions & Terms

For the folks new to link building, read this blog post to learn some terms and there meanings.

Quote:
When those of us in search marketing talk and write about link building, we tend to use terms that we think are very commonly understood. We bandy around phrases like "CTR on page 1 of the SERPs is better than on page 2" and "god help me if my content gets deindexed."

However, for the new guys and gals out there (and that includes people who are both learning about building links and clients who seek link services) this link building guide will help define and explain some of the more common link building terms, from A to Z.
Continued at: http://searchenginewatch.com/article...initions-Terms

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 06-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

Link Building From Scratch

Just starting a brand new website? Have a look at the blog post below for some link building tips.

Quote:
With Google's Penguin knocking out some sites to the extent that webmasters are deciding it's better to start from scratch, many people are wondering how to formulate a link plan that will quickly bring them back to where they were ranking before. Site owners are scrambling to clean up link messes after receiving warnings or just erring on the side of caution.

This bears a great question: is there a template for starting from scratch, link-wise? I think that there is, of course, just as there are things you need to do to make your site perform at its best.

To get started, let's talk quickly about two free systems that I view as critical for any site:
Continued at: http://searchenginewatch.com/article...g-From-Scratch

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 06-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

5 Link Building Strategy Essentials

Just found a nice blog post that I wanted to share on here.

Quote:
To maintain or begin any link building strategy for your SEO efforts it is essential to keep some things in mind. Outlined below are some things to consider while you developing a link building strategy that will work for your business and help drive success and maximize reach in your efforts.

1. Have a Plan

Before you start, it is key to identify your objectives and define what you would consider a successful SEO campaign. Understanding these objectives will help you determine the types of links that you will acquire.

Know Your Backlink Portfolio

Before beginning an SEO campaign, it is essential to...
Continued at: http://www.seo.com/blog/5-link-build...gy-essentials/

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 06-27-2012, 06:56 AM
Super Moderator

10 Ideas for Link Bait and 5 Ways of Getting the Word Out!

YouMoz has a nice blog post I'll share on here.

Quote:
We’re all being told that we should produce content that’s epic enough to make Jesus, Barack Obama and Matt Cutts himself want to link to us and share our awesomeness with all their friends and social media contacts.

Easier said than done.

If we all got links and social shares just for great ideas or good content intentions then our SEO universes would all be pretty and we’d be skipping through Googly fields of daffodils.

But we all know there’s more to it than that.
Continued at: http://www.seomoz.org/ugc/10-ideas-f...g-the-word-out

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-17-2012, 11:52 AM
v7n Mentor

My method of link building is quite simple. I DON'T link build at all. Instead I build a website that's worth linking to. Fresh new content, useful tools and information, etc., and ALWAYS with my visitors in mind This intern promotes ORGANIC backlinks. These are the most effective kind, which Google LOVES, and really improves our positions in the SERPs. It's NOT FAST, and takes a lot of time and patience, but the results do pay off in the long run.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:45 PM
Super Moderator

Link Building Strategies Built to Last

This is a good blog post from a friend of mine.

Quote:
Are Your Link Building Strategies Built to Last? Just because something’s popular now doesn’t mean it’s going to survive the long haul.

Don’t believe me?

Pull out some of your pictures from the 1980′s, and try to find five outfits that you’d actually be willing to be caught dead in today!

Some link building techniques are just like those 1980′s zebra pants — they were all the rage once, but they’re an embarrassment today. Other link building techniques are like a good Bon Jovi song — they were cool 25 years ago, and they’re still cool today.

How do your link building efforts measure up?
Continued at: http://www.manishpandey.com/2012/lin...ng-strategies/

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-24-2012, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

15 Helpful Link Building Tools

This is a good find.

Quote:
Using tools is a necessity for client link building. But how, why, when and who should use them?

What follows is a list of some helpful link building tools you can use day in and day out for guest posting, BLB, and group interviews
Continued at: http://searchenginewatch.com/article...Building-Tools

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 07-25-2012, 04:09 AM

Talking Don't rush it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by searchbliss View Post
My method of link building is quite simple. I DON'T link build at all. Instead I build a website that's worth linking to. Fresh new content, useful tools and information, etc., and ALWAYS with my visitors in mind This intern promotes ORGANIC backlinks. These are the most effective kind, which Google LOVES, and really improves our positions in the SERPs. It's NOT FAST, and takes a lot of time and patience, but the results do pay off in the long run.
I think this is the best way to go. Many clients ask you to just dive in and build links, links, links, without paying attention to their own website and whether it's complete or not.
Another favorite tip of mine is to write content that is appealing to webmasters, and not only to readers. That way, they'll be reaching out to you for guest posts and linking to your posts and website.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator

My current approach has been covered, but I am finding guest blog posts to be a terrific way to obtain quality links. And it is also a great way to obtain quality content. I have not had time to blog for my SEO site lately, so yesterday I published a guest post.

Let's connect on Google+ and share what we're reading and writing.

Old 08-06-2012, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

101 Ways to Link Build in 2012

This is a good blog post to take a look at.

Quote:
I don’t know about you, but nothing gets me more frustrated than seeing people online whine about how, “It’s sooooo hard to build links these days!”

Really – if anything – the number of link building opportunities available today has only increased as new and different types of web properties have proliferated online!

So if you’re one of those people on the link building fence, take a look at the following list of 101 different link building techniques I’ve compiled. Surely, you’ll find something in there to get your creative juices flowing!
Continued at: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/1...in-2012/46988/

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 08-08-2012, 04:27 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Every one knows about the penguin updates and this update has been very effective at knocking down spam sites. So now we have to focus on quality and natural link building as per penguin update.
- social signals are more important than ever. so get more social presence by sharing your blogs and updates at your social media profile.
-Anchor text diversity is very important for cracking down your keyword because of over optimization.
-Interlinking is highly recommended instead of using only home page.
- Page title is really does matter.
- Produce link worthy content if you provide high valued content then people will stay longer.

Old 08-08-2012, 03:01 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 – 2013
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Every one knows about the penguin updates and this update has been very effective at knocking down spam sites. So now we have to focus on quality and natural link building as per penguin update.
- social signals are more important than ever. so get more social presence by sharing your blogs and updates at your social media profile.
Not only is there yet no evidence of this, Google has publicly stated that its own data re. Google Plus and +1 are not reliable indicators.

Quote:
Anchor text diversity is very important for cracking down your keyword because of over optimization.
Anchor text is immaterial to the calculation of PageRank.

And, per Google, the so-called "over-optimization" metric is still in the conceptual stage, with no certainty that such will ever be implemented.

Old 08-17-2012, 05:57 AM
Super Moderator

8 Link Building Tips - Whiteboard Friday

SEOmoz's whiteboard Friday tips are really good. Well I thought so.

Quote:
For today's Whiteboard Friday, I'll be covering eight tips to help you build more links. This follows on from my talk at MozCon which covered 35 ways to get links in around 35 minutes.

At MozCon, I explained how link building is hard, it takes time and can be very tough for most of us. Unfortunately for most of us, it isn't as simple as just producing content which automatically gets links. Our content needs a push to make it get links, and over time, it does become easier if you build the right relationships.

These techniques can help you build those relationships with the right people in your niche and get the links you deserve. Not only now, but in the future. Let's get to it and...
Continued at: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/eight-lin...teboard-friday

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 10-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

12 internal linking best practices

This is a good read and a good tip for this sticky thread.

Quote:
Before I get into best practices for internal linking I'd like to lay some groundwork on what internal linking is, why it's important as well as what key elements of internal linking are affecting your website's relationship with search engines.

Truth about internal links

Links are like doors through which search bots pass to discover and value pages on your website. So, the cleaner the links are the simpler it is for a search bot to crawl your website.

Each link on an originating page passes value to a target page. This value is often referred to as...
Continued at: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/bl...practices.html

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 11-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

(Link)Build a Relationship in 15 Minutes a Day

Always good blog posts on the outspokenmedia blog. Check this one out.

Quote:
Perhaps the newest buzzword in SEO is “relationship building.” It’s not about link building anymore-it’s about the relationship. And while I don’t disagree, it is very easy to start tab jumping or fall into Twitter and not accomplish what you wanted to in the first place: getting this person’s attention.

While there are numerous industry experts who have covered
the topic extensively before, one of the most overriding statements is that relationship building “takes time.” Yes, it does, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t break it up into smaller chunks of time that don’t inadvertently consume your entire morning, or day, or week.

I’m here to offer you ways to build a relationship with your target in just 15 minutes a day. That’s right, 15 minutes. Put on your egg timer, or the alarm on your phone, or whatever you use to keep yourself on track. The team here at Outspoken Media can tell you I’m crazy deadline-driven/time-aware, so when I say 15 minutes, I do my darndest to mean it. While in sum, these strategies could...
Continued at: http://outspokenmedia.com/seo/link-b...minutes-a-day/

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 11-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Link Building for the Little Guys

Another good read

Quote:
As part of a small business, I always find it very frustrating when I read articles about the ‘best ways to build links to your website’. The same things seem to appear each time: create an infographic, get a video to go viral, write an ebook that people can download, produce some white papers, etc. Now, I’m not saying that these methods don’t work, because they are completely legitimate ways of building links. What I get frustrated about is that if you are a business with very low influence and you create this type of new, unique content, it can be quite a struggle to get it in front of those you wish to see it. With this in mind, I thought I would share the methods that I have found to be most effective for all us ‘little guys..
Continued at: http://www.seomoz.org/ugc/link-build...he-little-guys

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 12-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

5 Link Building Methods that Are Still Worth Your Time

Good evening, here is a nice little blog post to check out.

Quote:
Have you noticed that over the years, link building has become a less discussed topic? I know I barely hear about it anymore, even though SEO in general is still a hot topic that dominates the question of online content marketing. You just don’t come across people wanting to know about link building tactics these days.

I think that this has given people a false impression of how useful link building is on the web today. Most probably think that...
Continued at: http://dailyseotip.com/5-link-buildi...our-time/2918/

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum