Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-24-2012, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Five Tips for Link Building Success in 2013

Happy Holidays.

Here is a little blog post to check out.

Quote:
2012 was a year of changes in the world of SEO. Google came out with several algorithm updates that basically rocked the whole search engine system. With updates such as Panda and Penguin, the once easy way of getting a site ranked at the top of Google became a tough game of chess, where highly refined strategies and not short-lived tactics are the winning elements.

In 2013, with the rumors of Google launching a Penguin 2.0 update in our midst, it becomes quite critical to design and implement a link building strategy that won’t hurt your website’s search standing should this rumor inevitably come to pass. I say inevitably simply...
Continued at: http://www.sitepronews.com/2012/12/2...ccess-in-2013/

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-31-2012, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

8 Ways To Boost Traffic With Meaningful Links

Happy New Years Eve!!

Quote:
During the last year, there have been well over two billion people surfing the web. This number shows an incredible amount of growth since previous years. With so many new websites being created every day and billions of internet users out there, it can be difficult to know how to direct traffic towards a website. Search Engine Optimization companies have seen enormous momentum as more and more people need help in order to find success on the web.

Perhaps you have already started adding new SEO content to your site in order to boost your internet rankings. But, are you seeing the results you want? The thing that many people don't realize is that content is only one piece of the SEO puzzle. Another key part in gaining internet traffic is to make your website "linkable". The more meaningful links that are directed towards your site, the better off you will be.

Take it from someone who knows; links are a fundamental part of internet success. If you are looking for a way to increase traffic to your site, here are some helpful tips about link building.
Continued at: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/bl...s-traffic.html

Old 01-10-2013, 09:51 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Link Building for Beginners in 3 Simple Steps

I thought this was a good read.

Quote:
Historically, link building was critical for companies to appear in search results, as links have long been an important signal to search engines. However, the new link building is about mentions, social visibility, and building your company’s presence, says Alison Groves, Product Coordinator at Raven Internet Marketing Tools.

Groves presented her three simple steps to link building for businesses in a presentation this morning at NMX Las Vegas. Her process, she says, revolves around relationship building and nurturing in order to earn mentions from relevant websites. We need to focus less on the technical and more on attracting targeted traffic by getting our sites in front of the people most likely to be interested in our product or service, she said.

With those goals in mind, here are Groves’ three simple steps for link building:
Continued at: http://www.toprankblog.com/2013/01/l...tips-from-nmx/

Old 02-04-2013, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Build Links Like You’re Popular–and Get Popular

Little something to read if you have a few minutes.

Quote:
We all remember what it is like to either watch the cool kid in school or even be the cool kid. You remember high school when the cool kid rolled up in their BMW, was surrounded by the most beautiful of ladies, and always threw the most talked about parties. Well, today, you are going to realize how emulating that kid (that you could have very possibly loathed) can be a great philosophy when it comes to building links and reputation on the Web.
Continued at: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/b...popular/57898/

Old 02-26-2013, 06:22 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Think Before You Link! Defensible Link Building in a Post-Penguin World

This is a good blog post.

Quote:
At SES London last week, my presentation looked at the process we use at BlueGlass UK to analyse a website’s link profile.

This is primarily useful if a new client had been hit by the Google Penguin update, but we use this process for all clients. After all, everyone can improve and if there’s something which needs tidying up, the last thing you want to do is wait for Google to tell you about it!

Are Panda and Penguin Related?

Looking back at Google’s algorithm updates over the last 12 months, I think we’re seeing a very similar trend:
Continued at: http://www.blueglass.com/blog/link-b...-post-penguin/

Old 02-26-2013, 07:17 AM
Contributing Member

Well thought out and executed but for me, take the fluff away and it's compelling content to a targeted audience, which has been said for years.

Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 AM

Blog commenting never gets old, but people get so tired of searching and finding then commenting constructively on enough blogs to make blog commenting worth while. So how the hell do some people do it so successfully? NOT with auto blog comment posters, that needs to be stated right here and now. Instead, grab yourself a free link scraper, and use it to compile a massive list of niche, well ranking blog pages/posts for your keywords. These scrapers can be found as part of some of the shady commenting bots, just don't publish posts, use scrapers like TuoMamma to input a list of your keywords, then scrape a few hundred articles/posts, aged, with pagerank and everything, ones that have few comments on them, and blog comment on those. That's how to successfully mass blog comment in my opinion. I've used it for a while and it works really well.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:45 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Wow, I just read through a lot of good posts up there about you get out of link building what you put into it, make sure you stay on the good side of the tracks, work the friendships you have offline, etc.

It seems to me that good link building is kind of like relationships in life. You need to associate not only with quality people, but people you jive with. Putting the time in will be beneficial. But most of all you have to actively and authentically participate in all areas and the variety and the quality will come.

I know that sounds a little off the ground, but when you put it makes sense. The best skills come down to just making sense.

I am new to this community and really happy to be here and around so many helpful and knowledgeable people.

Thanks,

Lisa

Old 04-04-2013, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

33 Link Building Questions Answered

This is a good Q and A.

Quote:
During my Mozinar, we walked through a sample link building idea generation process. The point was to demonstrate that link development is only limited by our creativity and resources. While building a backlink to a credit card site may seem impossible, we must remember that we put a man on the moon, which means coming up with new link building methods for the credit card industry is achievable.

When reading through the audience Q&A questions from the Mozinar, I noticed a lot of folks who were still looking for a silver bullet for link building and SEO. This is when my brain got clogged with what I can only describe as an overwhelming pit of sadness. I recognize that SEOmoz is arguably the most recognizable publisher/tool provider in the SEO industry, which means the..
Continued at: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/33-link-b...tions-answered

Old 05-17-2013, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Three Killer (and unfortunately most ignored) Link Building Ideas

This is a good read.

Quote:
Let’s face it: authorship may have been bulldozing around for quite a while, but links are the most important ranking factor for search engines, still. SEOs are still buying links for their clients. High-authority sites are still selling do-follow sponsored links – Forbes was recently penalized for that (note, it’s been penalized in the past too); Search Engine Roundtable was also penalized doing the same (amazingly, Barry surrendered to Google this time around and no-followed all the sponsored links on his site). These are some of the many sites we know – yet there are many out there that’re selling links secretly.
Continued at: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/t...ideas-2/62910/

Old 06-14-2013, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Local Link Building: An Easy Win

Nice blog post to read.

Quote:
The trick to optimizing links for local search is two pronged – building great national industry links using geo-specific anchor text, and building great links from local authorities.

For this post, I’ll be covering how to build great links from local authorities – which time and time again has proven to require human creativity and leveraging relationships.
Continued at: http://searchenginewatch.com/article...ng-An-Easy-Win

Old 06-18-2013, 11:53 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

It can be particularly imperative that you remember which other sites link need to be relevant for the content on your own site or search engines like yahoo off your website through the link instead regarding starting a niche site more reliable.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:53 AM
Rest In Peace 1946 – 2013
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by msemseoppc View Post
It can be particularly imperative that you remember which other sites link need to be relevant for the content on your own site ...
Not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msemseoppc View Post
... or search engines like yahoo off your website through the link instead regarding starting a niche site more reliable.
Yahoo has not operated its own search engine for over a year.

Old 07-01-2013, 03:24 AM
Latest Blog:
None

I've checked all the replies, and most of them specifies building relationships as a good link building, yes i agree, it certainly is for blogs. How about for e-commerce, and other commercial sites, we can't do such tactics for our client sites right?

Old 07-01-2013, 07:23 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 – 2013
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeleon View Post
I've checked all the replies, and most of them specifies building relationships as a good link building, yes i agree, it certainly is for blogs. How about for e-commerce, and other commercial sites, we can't do such tactics for our client sites right?
Within the scope of your authority, as granted by your client(s), any link building strategy or tactic that produces the desired result(s) is acceptable.

Old 07-22-2013, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

5 Ways to Avoid Link Patterns

This is a good read.

Quote:
Anything that irritates Google’s users is a threat to Google. Any tactic that, en masse, reduces user satisfaction is something that Google would like to algorithmically eliminate. Google hates artificial links, and artificial links leave patterns. If you want to stay successful long term, you’ll need to avoid them. Here’s how.
Continued at: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/5...atterns/65898/

Old 08-05-2013, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Link Building A-Z Guide – Definitions & Terms

This is an informative blog post.

Quote:
When those of us in search marketing talk and write about link building, we tend to use terms that we think are very commonly understood. We bandy around phrases like "CTR on page 1 of the SERPs is better than on page 2" and "god help me if my content gets deindexed."

However, for the new guys and gals out there (and that includes people who are both learning about building links and clients who seek link services) this link building guide will help define and explain some of the more common link building terms, from A to Z.
Continued at: http://searchenginewatch.com/article...initions-Terms

Old 08-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Bringing Your A-Game: 5 Advanced Link Building Techniques

Here is a good link building blog post. Worthy of a sticky. lol

Quote:

With all the updates Google applies to its search engine's algorithms, the one constant throughout the years that greatly contributes to a site's rankings is having quality links. The only thing that keeps changing is the definition of a quality link. For now, these five link building methods fit the bill for what Google wants:
Continued at: http://www.searchenginepeople.com/bl...echniques.html

Old 09-27-2013, 06:44 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Link Building 101: 404 Pages & Link Reclamation

We have a topic about 404 pages already if you wish to search for it and post a response.

Quote:
When working for clients (or starting fresh on your own site) one of the best things you can do at the beginning of a link building campaign is pull in a few quick wins. Too many people have been burned by shady SEO practitioners in the past, or link builders who just didn't deliver.

My motto for launching a campaign is always "start at the start." You see, it's pretty easy (and tempting) to immediately dive deep into a campaign and go after big campaign wins.

Big wins are great. Everyone loves them - clients, leadership, the team. Everyone's happy. The problem is, big campaign wins are hard work, and certainly don't happen overnight. They require perseverance, patience, resources, and sometimes a little luck.

So, before (or even while) we go after those big wins, I take the time to work through my list of potential quick win opportunities - searching for quality links - in order to build trust, enthusiasm, and motivation.
Continued at: http://searchenginewatch.com/article...nk-Reclamation

Old 10-04-2013, 09:03 AM
v7n Mentor

Sometimes V7N does more than offer ideas - it offers concrete opportunities to widen your audience and in this case, to build links other than signature links.

As you know signature links have been devalued by Google, but links from the forum's blog are highly valuable - and not just for their "SEO juice;" they drive traffic and lend credibility to your brand or authority.

If you like to write and have a tip to offer on SEO Copywriting, this thread's for you:

Submit Your Best Tip: Copywriting Contest – Top 10 to be Posted on V7N’s Blog.

The best tips will be compiled into a post on V7N's blog, and the writers will get their link in the blog post as a thank you for providing quality content.

Get your thinking cap on and your writing mojo fired up and submit a tip today!

Let's connect on Google+ and share what we're reading and writing.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread