Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-13-2014, 05:05 AM
Banned

I know everyone says work on your content but hear me out.

Think about it, if you click a link somewhere and the site you arrive at is awfull or useless to you, you leave, right? Well, the same thing can happen to your site.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-14-2014, 05:46 AM

These are very nice tips about of off page SEO. Blog Posting, Web 2.0, Document sharing, Profile creation also good and useful off page activities.

Old 10-17-2014, 03:15 PM

Sometimes you come across a gold mine. Rand Fishkin's video posted last Friday on the SEOMoz blog serves up four innovative ideas for link building that I had never heard of before:

Old 10-21-2014, 11:59 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I agree that link building should not just be about the the volume of links that you can manage to get to point to your site but the quality of back links is very important.

So what exactly is a quality back link?

Here are some factors that determine the quality of a good back link.
  • From a high page rank site
    Always go and do research on the site where you want to get a back link from, whether it is a directory, a forum or a blog.
  • From a relevant source
    Search engines want their users to find relevant information so the best back links come from sources that are relevant to your site.
  • From a trusted source
    It is pretty much logical to say that the highest quality back links comes from websites that are trusted by Google.
  • Sends link juice
    A back link that does not send traffic to your website is pretty much useless and will make for a low quality back link

Quote:
Originally Posted by khang View Post
I know everyone says work on your content but hear me out.

Think about it, if you click a link somewhere and the site you arrive at is awfull or useless to you, you leave, right? Well, the same thing can happen to your site.
I agree if your website has low quality content then your potential customers wont spend allot of time on your site which in turn will lead to a very high bounce rate.

Old 11-12-2014, 09:36 PM

Some good info here. All you do with bad links (apart from possibly get penalised) is increase your bounce rate and make all your materics worse.. IMO

Old 11-27-2014, 10:57 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Cool

When building a link submit tags wisely so that your single link can display in several pages because chances are more to crawl that pages more in comparison to other. Sometimes it may happen that your page (where link lies) is not crawled, but the tagged page is crawled because that page is updated frequently and crawling ratio is also high of that page.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:25 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I realise that I haven't included any link building information here, but what I want people to understand is that simply writing great content isn't enough. You need to be able to get that message out there, and that means marketing. So the "build great content and people will link to you" theory really needs to be put to bed. As Pushing Social says you need to give people "an experience" for them to link to you. That involves tying together great content with a brand, and then putting that "experience" in front of as many eyes as you can.

Old 01-08-2015, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devki Nandan View Post
I realise that I haven't included any link building information here, but what I want people to understand is that simply writing great content isn't enough. You need to be able to get that message out there, and that means marketing. So the "build great content and people will link to you" theory really needs to be put to bed. As Pushing Social says you need to give people "an experience" for them to link to you. That involves tying together great content with a brand, and then putting that "experience" in front of as many eyes as you can.
I beg to differ. I have .edu backlinks that I did not link drop to get. I wrote the articles and they were found in the search results.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:31 AM

My Formula:
1. Best Keywords that best describes my unique content.
2. 75% Do Follow Backlinks + 25% No-follow from at least PR3 Sites
(all backlinks should be indexed by google)
3. Deeply understand "First Priority Link" Principle
4. Interaction with popular Social Media Sites
5. Unlimited money flowing on your bank account.

Old 02-22-2015, 02:07 PM

My 2 cents:
Even if you manage to build 100's of Backlinks from low PR sites, the traffic that you will get will be always lower than just 10-20 Backlinks from high PR sites. Hence, QUALITY is always above Quantity ...

Old 03-20-2015, 06:57 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I was hit badly by getting a friend to help out with my back links. Unknown to me he was link farming so initially the results were fantastic until Google caught up with me!

It's taken an age to remedy the situation and thankfully I'm back on track.

The advice within the forum will no doubt help too - there's a stack to get through!

Old 03-23-2015, 12:47 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quality is not just depend on these factors, it's also working on how you get links. Anchor text optimization is very challenging these days, like backlinks. Over anchor text optimization is also very harmful whether you get links from the quality websites or even safe way. So I always work on below matrix to beware from Pangvine penalties:

30%: Brand Anchor Text (Brand Name)

10%: Bare URL (http:// ExampleUrl. com/)

10%: Domain name (ExampleUrl. com)

10%: Webmaster name anchor text (My Name)

5%: Generic anchors (here, this blog post, website)

45%: Unique anchor text (Latest news in your market with your target keyword, this may long upto one or two lines)

1%: Money keyword anchor text (Your Target Url)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewalds86 View Post
I agree that link building should not just be about the the volume of links that you can manage to get to point to your site but the quality of back links is very important.

So what exactly is a quality back link?

Here are some factors that determine the quality of a good back link.
  • From a high page rank site
    Always go and do research on the site where you want to get a back link from, whether it is a directory, a forum or a blog.
  • From a relevant source
    Search engines want their users to find relevant information so the best back links come from sources that are relevant to your site.
  • From a trusted source
    It is pretty much logical to say that the highest quality back links comes from websites that are trusted by Google.
  • Sends link juice
    A back link that does not send traffic to your website is pretty much useless and will make for a low quality back link

I agree if your website has low quality content then your potential customers wont spend allot of time on your site which in turn will lead to a very high bounce rate.

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 03-23-2015 at 12:53 AM.

Old 04-27-2015, 08:11 AM

I don't consider social media as link building approach. Yeah it helps in making new relationship with your targeted audience but still it requires a lot more high profile image for getting link building opportunity from your social engagements. So not suitable for newbies!!!!!!

About link exchange, it only matters when it's mostly related to your niche market and I don't think it's easy enough to generate link exchange opportunity within your niche market. I didn't say it's impossible but still it's requires good amount of coordination between link ex-changer otherwise it will go in vain.

High PR and High Authority Directory Sites like Dmoz and BOTW still plays major role in link building opportunity. But overuse of directory can result in Nightmare for your website.

Press Release is great way to offer or show your service among journalists. So if you offer some quality service then i think Press Release will give you so many link earning opportunity you will ever need.

As we all know article requires Great Content and Content requires great value. So if your article provide Great Content and Great Value then there is nothing out there which gonna stop you from getting good link building opportunities.

I don't consider blog comment or forum signature as backlink sources but yeah it gonna drive some crazy targeted traffic which can probably result in reader relationship and so on......

So this is just my opinion regarding how i see these approaches as well as use it.
i love to hear other opinions regarding these approaches and collect some valuable tips for my future projects.

Old 04-29-2015, 06:14 AM
Contributing Member

Hey

I found it very useful thing about content trading with other webmasters, I will surely try this and will try my best to get link whether I get do follow or no follow it doesn't matter to me. Because sometime no follow link can provide leads which can be our conversions.

Thanks for sharing
Regards
Suprabhat

Old 05-15-2015, 07:33 AM
Contributing Member

Really nobody knows link building techniques we just follow who experts has experienced in their blog, we have so many authoritative blogs on internet which gives your full details about link building.

For Example

backlinko.com by Mr Brian Dean.

All his articles are supported with proper proof and data, following his blog will teach us so many lessons about link building.

Mr. Neil Patel also huge junk of information about building backlinks on his blog, those strategies really helped so many people.

As a new fellow to blogging, I just advising to follow those blogs to get an idea about backlinks.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:20 AM

Link building techniques is very smart now-a-days.Try to write guest post and get free natural backlinks.it will boost our page rank and alexa rank

Old 07-05-2015, 03:25 AM

Press releases are a abundant way for businesses to accretion aback links to their sites. There are abounding chargeless columnist absolution administration sites out there to abide your releases to, but application a paid account like PRWeb can aftereffect in hundreds of aback links from above account organizations with aloof one columnist release. Making columnist releases a approved allotment of your articulation architecture action can aftereffect in bags of affection aback links over the advance of year.

Old 07-07-2015, 12:13 AM
Administrator

5 Misconceptions About Link Building That Are Ruining It for Everybody

Fixing the misconceptions of link building:

Quote:
...Quality has always mattered more than quantity, but today, the gap is wider than ever. Google doesn't care about how many links you have - it only cares about how many different sources those links come from and how authoritative and relevant those sources are. For example, if you have 20 links split between 5 different sources, you'll end up getting more total authority than if you have 100 links split between 2 different sources. In essence, 1 great link can outweigh 100 low-quality ones....

...better to let the links come to you naturally. If you can develop one breakout piece of content, one that people will want to re-publish, reference, cite, quote, and attribute to you, that's all you need to immediately earn dozens - if not hundreds - of inbound links....

...if Google discovers you've built a number of manipulative or spammy links, it might ignore those links altogether....All you have to do is attract quality links from quality sources, and make sure not to use any spammy practices...

...If you build links independently, with the sole emphasis on building your rankings, you will undoubtedly fail... You should focus on publishing awesome content, then rely on the power of your content and the reach of your social channels to attract inbound links...

...Google's search ranking algorithm is so sophisticated at this point that it can detect the mention of a given brand or author name. These mentions, which I call brand mentions, are thought by some to carry as much (or almost as much, depending on who you ask) authoritative value as a link would in a similar position-and it carries none of the penalty risks. You earn these brand mentions by doing things that real brands do, such as publishing great content, great products, giving great customer service, being active in your community (both local and online), and providing real value to people....Building your brand will cause inbound links to be built in the most natural, organic way possible - and that's what real link building is....
5 Misconceptions About Link Building That Are Ruining It for Everybody

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 07-07-2015, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtaylor View Post
We’ve all read the threads on link building full of posts that list the same approaches over and over with no detail on how to do it.

I don’t think those posts or threads accomplish much more than to give the member a backlink. So, let's do something different here. My challenge to you is to ask you to post a constructive backlink building tip that might actually help someone build a stronger link profile.

I double dare you to offer something that no one else has mentioned in this thread and to provide enough detail to make it a valuable tip. Pretend you really want to help someone understand how to get quality backlinks. It might take more than a line or two, but I know you can do it, even if you have to go and Google “backlinks tips” and read a couple of posts elsewhere. (No cutting and pasting, though. Put it in your own words.)

Fresh, new ideas will get rep points, and for really good ones I will beg other mods to also award some green. It does not have to be about ‘followed’ links.

Here’s a couple to get you started:

1. Trade articles with other webmasters. Set up some Google Alerts with the keyword phrases for your niche. Read their websites and look for what they are missing. Write a short article and send it to them, offering to place a similar article of theirs on your site.

2. Stop worrying about whether links are followed when blog commenting or posting in forums. Instead, concentrate on relevance and make sure you provide quality information. If you help others, you will attract the interest of quality webmasters. If you truly have something to say, people will click on your signature links to get to know more about you. You’ll gain traffic and possibly more links.

Your turn now.
Tip #1: Stop thinking of it as "building links". Learn what people like to link to and then invest the effort into building that and promoting it.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:57 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Make only 10 quality backlinks in a week.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

Closed Thread