Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

How do you get a high rank in google?

Hi everyone,

How do you get a high rank in google? i am currently on page 8 for my keyword but i cant seem to get any higher??

thanks for you advise

Matt

Old 09-04-2010, 02:45 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Well it really depends on what keywords, what niche and what competition you are facing.

If you are trying to rank on the phrase "Blue Fried Eggs", you can probably get there in a week. If you are after "Webmaster Tools" it may take years, thousands of hours of work and lots of money to NEVER get there.

Providing further information on the niche, site url etc, may allow us to offer more accurate and detailed suggestions

{edited to add} Perhaps looking at the site in your signature would have been smart

Old 09-04-2010, 02:49 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Well im no expert by any means but your meta keywords are only shoing 3 words and your meta description could probably be improved.

Hopefully a more SEO experienced member can offer better and more qualified information.

The Seo Tip Of The Day thread will certainly have some awesome tips for you, so i suggest reading it back to front and upside down.

Cheers

Old 09-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Since you've not divulged any information about your niche, keyword or Website, i'm assuming you wouldn't know about this already.
Have you ever considered doing Seo, if you've already done it can you give some information on what methods you've applied and to what extent.

To make things easier i would suggest you to use 2 free seo tools which can help you in various ways.
1) Web Ceo
2) Traffic Travis

Old 09-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

What ever you were doing keep doing. dont change it too much. And build anchor text links from forums to your website. Also, check who is on the first page. What are they ding. what is their title, H1 and H2 tags, and what is their pagerank?

Old 09-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Contributing Member

It seems that you are working to promote your website for a very competitive niche. If your site is not penalized, the only thing you can do is to make more backlinks for your website. I think on page optimization can not work for you as you are working on a competitive keyword. So keep on making backlinks from quality websites to see your site with better ranking on Google.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:15 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Hi everyone thanks for the info my site is about ham radio and that is my keyword i want to rank highly in if i type ham radio in google i am on page 7-9 but i cant seem to get it any higher :-( thanks for you advise i have changed my meta description and added a few more words thanks again guys!

Old 09-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Contributing Member

How long did you keep the effort?
SEO is an ever lasting process, you need to have determination and of course patience too.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:47 AM

promo, nice content, link exchange .... will get high rank

Old 09-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I think increasing high quality backlink is the best solution to get high page rank in google.
Do commenting on do follow blogs this will gives you quality backlink.

Last edited by vids1386; 09-05-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Old 09-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Contributing Member

have you optimized your onpage? if your off page strategies doesn't work maybe the problem is your onpage...vice versa

Old 09-06-2010, 02:39 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

exchange your site link with other site which pr is above 7.This link exchange will boost your ranking on search engine.Try to build link popularity of your site by submitting your site on directories,social bookmarks and other link submitting site.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:16 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6ceb View Post
How do you get a high rank in google? i am currently on page 8 for my keyword but i cant seem to get any higher??
Matt
If you want to rank in first page. I suggest you one of the simplest method. Research your competitor thats who are appear before 8th page. See their back link in yahoo site explorer and analysis their back link whether its a paid or free. Then Place your link near the competitor by link request.

Old 09-09-2010, 05:59 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Check your competitor and their backlinks. Try to get backlinks from those sites. Get backlinks from relevant site.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:39 AM
v7n Mentor

First, you need to make sure that your on-page optimization is done correctly. Make sure you're targeting the right keywords and that you have good optimized content for your keywords. Then, take a look at all of your tags (title, description, keyword, heading tags) and make sure they're optimized correctly. To see them, log onto your site, click "view", then go to "page source".

Once you've got your on-page optimization taken care of, it's time to head off site. Check the top 3 results for your keyword - how many links do they have? How many quality links to do they have? How long have they been online? How high is their PR? You can't do anything about PR and age of domain - but you don't necessarily need a higher PR or an older website to beat them. (now, if the top site has been around for 15 years and has a PR of 8, that may be another story...)

See what links they have, and try to get the same ones. For example, if they have a link to XYZ Directory, go to XYZ directory and see if you can get a link from there, too. If they have links from ABC forum, head over there and start posting.

Do not resort to paying for links from link farms. Google will find out what you're up to, and they will not be happy.

At the same time, keep building your own quality links - through article marketing, guest blogging, forum posting, social bookmarking, etc.

It may take some time and alot of hard work, but, hopefully, it will all pay off! Good luck!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

It's all about the links. Be sure to include the keyword in the anchor text [or clickable text] of your links. Stick to one link-building method and strive to do at least 50 to 100 links per month using ONLY that method.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:51 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Thanks for all the info guys very much appriciated! thanks again! :-)

Old 09-11-2010, 06:43 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

It's depend on your keyword, if your keyword is high competitive so, it takes more time and do link building tactics like article submission, forum posting and blogging for increase backlinks.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I think that it depends on the keyword you optimized. The higher the competition of that specific keyword the lower chance of getting your site rank in google for that particular keyword. Social Bookmarking, social networking and article submission is the best way to make your site rank in google. However, it all boils down again on the keyword competition.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:15 PM

i hv article directory web site what can i do improve page rank????google page rank 6 or 7???

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum