Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 12-08-2010, 12:04 AM

best time for start link building

Hi,
what is the best time for start link building for a new site.I have created a new blog by wordpress on 5/11/2010 <URL removed>
i want to know that ,i can start links building for it.
I have listen that creating links for a new site is harmfull and google penalized your site for search results.

Last edited by Jim Gillum; 12-08-2010 at 12:37 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 12:41 AM

I have not heard that.....
The Wordpress blog has an auto ping feature and pings each time you make a new post...
That should result in some backlinks...
Too many backlinks too fast can cause a problem...build them in a natural manner...

Old 12-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Banned

I think there is not a time to start link building, as there is no time to see our web project working well Link building can be started anytime, the problem is on how many links, effect of link building and PR effect after such work.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:04 AM
Banned

Time for link building??? I don't think anything like that is there. Link building does not have any timing. Yes, if you are asking in respect to the webmasters like when they read the mails or when is a perfect time to ask depending on website (after analyzing the website), then it may be. And also this is an individual's particular perspective means it is not required......

Thanks

Old 12-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Banned

There are no time constraints for link building, its solely dependent on you when to start you link building process. Google does not penalize you for link building, Google can however penalize for building links by buying them.!

Old 12-08-2010, 02:01 AM
Contributing Member

You can build the backlins whenever you want. Just keep in mind build the backlinks in on a regular basis.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:39 AM
Banned

First of all submit your website url in Google, yahoo and bing. and then perform bookmarking of all the pages at some standard bookmarking sites. And after that you can start building links. But don't overdo with back links, as you have a new website.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:18 PM

Google penalizes if you buy links to getting advantage in SERP. There are some ways such as directory submission, article submission, forum posting etc. that help to links building and Google does not penalize for it. If your site has completely created then you can go for links building.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:54 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrish2338 View Post
Hi,
what is the best time for start link building for a new site.I have created a new blog by wordpress on 5/11/2010 <URL removed>
i want to know that ,i can start links building for it.
I have listen that creating links for a new site is harmfull and google penalized your site for search results.
Please refer to the attached image, it might be very helpful.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SEO Pyramid.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	13264  

Old 12-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Contributing Member

Backlinks are never harmful to a website. You keep building them steadily. Its upto search engines to index your pages and honour your backinks. Hee is where quality comes to play.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:58 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by micoblanco View Post
Please refer to the attached image, it might be very helpful.
Thanks for that.

I swear, every time I see someone mention 'quality content' I cringe.
I really feel that it's my weakest link (no pun intended.)

Old 12-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Contributing Member

Building backlinks is something that has to be done after you have sufficient content. It is not the age, but the number of pages/posts that you have. You want people visiting to have a good experience and find content worth reading. I would start after you have 15 posts or more. Make sure that you have a sitemap ready for the search engines. Get an account with Bing and Google to gain access to their webmaster tools. You will be able to see problems and correct them before they become major. See about installing caching software to speed up page delivery.

Since you have a blog, I would start looking for blog directories, also you might want to look for rss directories. and finally some directories on your topic. These will help your website get indexed. Also you might want to get a list of sites that you can ping when you post a new post. Enter the URLs in the software and you will get many new backlinks for your newest article. If you have friends who have a blog or page on Facebook or Myspace or some other site ask them to give you a link. Be sure to interlink related pages on your blog. So a section on your page could have a related posts section. This way when one page gets indexed, other related pages will be found. This will also prove a better experience for your user, amking it easier to find content to read. Don't forget to put your latest blog post in your profile in forums that are on your topic. This will help new posts get indexed and people interested in your topic find your blog. You can also, list your forum in your sig in forums that allow it.

While you are at it, you might want to make it easy for people to tell others about your blog. Include a widget for social bookmarking on all your posts. You can get one at addthis.com. WP plugin can be found here, http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/addthis/

Good luck with your blog.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:08 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gillum View Post
Too many backlinks too fast can cause a problem...build them in a natural manner...
Agree! I'd rather use my time finding quality related sources than wasting it building non related links.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:27 AM
Banned

always submit your new postings to popular social bookmarking sites and share it too on facebook

Old 12-09-2010, 03:46 AM
Banned

you can start but remember start it with few links and increase the number of links time to time.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:00 AM

hello friend .
i think every time is the best to build backlink . but you must keep naturally . be creative friend . may be 10 backlink /day will safe for new site

Old 12-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Contributing Member

You can start building links as soon as the site is live (some people do it even earlier), just make sure to be steady at your linkbuilding. Don't build 1k links today and force them to be indexed and then do nothing for a week, then again 1k...that won't do you any good. Honestly, you never want to stop building backlinks since there will always be a competitor that just waits for you to decrease your efforts.

Old 12-20-2010, 02:29 AM

You can start, once you are ready with your website !! And involving more once it get indexed

Old 12-20-2010, 01:16 PM

Avoid too many link within a short time. They may be seen as pay-links. Search engines do not like link marketing.

Old 12-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VastLance View Post
I think there is not a time to start link building, as there is no time to see our web project working well Link building can be started anytime, the problem is on how many links, effect of link building and PR effect after such work.
Link building should not be started at just "Anytime". You need to put some thought and research into your marketing strategy and marketing plan before you think about link building. Once you've determined all of your targeted keyphrases and words, then you can begin thinking about your linkbuilding strategy.

Strategy is the keyword. Don't think this is a monotonous grind of adding links to directories. Be strategic about it.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum