Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 01-03-2011, 07:47 AM

How to optimize my site for google

I want to optimize my site www.moviesonlinewatch.com for google with keyword "online movies".I have make about 30 posts in different forums using signature,400 directory submission,4 Artical submission and some blog commenting .But i am not getting any results from last 3 months.Will some help me that exactally what i will have to do to get search engine ranking?

Last edited by snakeair; 01-03-2011 at 07:56 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-03-2011, 10:56 AM
Contributing Member

not properly optimize specially the onpage.. :-)

your title tag: keyword stuffing

Old 01-03-2011, 01:04 PM
Contributing Member

That's going to be a pretty competitive keyword phrase. I would guess that you've got a lot more work ahead of you if you want to compete in the organic results for that. Keep building the links.

Old 01-03-2011, 01:39 PM
v7n Mentor

I just did a quick check of your keyword. Most of your page 1 competitors have 10,000 + backlinks and indexed pages. You've got a lot more work to do to overtake them. Have you done keyword research to find words that you could compete in easier? That would be a good start point.

Old 01-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Contributing Member

Here are google guidelines that are very useful:
http://www.google.com/support/webmas...n&answer=35291
http://googlewebmastercentral.blogsp...ter-guide.html

You might think that they're too basic, but think about it, going back to the basics once in a while keeps you aware of any unethical SEO techniques before applying them to your website.

Old 01-03-2011, 04:04 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit44 View Post
That's going to be a pretty competitive keyword phrase.
+1

Be prepared to put in a LOT of work and be competing with people who have money to spend to rank highly in your keywords or change your keywords to something a little bit more specific to make your job easier.

Also since you're trying to market to the English language area, get an English speaker to proofread your stuff to ensure it makes sense and also definitely make sure it goes through a spell checker (responsible rather than resposiable, legal rather than leagal).

Old 01-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Contributing Member

I think you are in a right way but you need to work hard as 3 months is not a enough time for getting some good position and your competitors are doing well and it seems clearly.

The thing you need to put in action is the consistent work and be sure about your keywords when you choose them for targeting.

Old 01-03-2011, 11:59 PM
Banned

You have used two phase keyword for your website, there are so much competitor for your website, you have to do Proper SEO for your website.

Do SEO properly and use your keyword in the meta description also, post socail bookmarking websites.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:18 PM
Contributing Member

It will likely take you another year or so of consistent link building to see results for these keywords. So if you are in a huge hurry, you will definitely have to pick keywords with less competition. Or you could stick with with "online movies" and have some patience. I'm sure the rewards will be great at the end of the road.

Also, SEO is a lot more than simply gaining a handful of links from directories, blogs, forums and articles. If you are really serious about ranking for those keywords, you will have to start learning as much as you can about SEO. Go buy some recently published books. That's what I did. The problem with learning from the net, is that any joe blow can write what he/she wants. I often notice false and misleading advice in all the webmaster forums I'm a member of.

ps. You might also consider using youtube to promote your site. The site I always go to now for watching movies was discovered through youtube. Just a thought.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:08 PM
Contributing Member

Hardwork will definitely give u a better result. Blogs are flooding. So we must be more patient for getting a good traffic

Old 01-11-2011, 02:39 AM
Banned

According to optimum7.com there are best 7 option

- On Site Optimization
- Site Maps
- RSS
- Google Local
- Directories
- Extensive Keyword Research
- Content

Old 01-11-2011, 02:53 AM
SEO Guru

3 months work is just not enough to chase this competitive keyword. And, what about the on-site optimization, its just not there...

You should do something for your On-Site SEO. It is must before starting Off-Site Promotion.

Old 01-11-2011, 03:22 AM

(Does anyone still use KEI? I read a vague article that someone was trying to do away with it.) I then use the keywords with the best KEI and start building my strategy around them, including my on page and off page SEO.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:41 AM
Contributing Member

You need to look at the competition for that keyword more than anything. From what I can imagine, your backlinks are not that powerful, so your going to need to boost your efforts.

For a keyword like that i'd expect somewhere in the region of 1,000 link directory sub, 100 articles, 500 blog comments every single month is going to start yielding results, but it will take time.

Old 01-13-2011, 04:34 AM

Steps to get good ranking in google

Remember Few Steps
  • The contents on your website should be unique.
  • Your website should be updated on a regular basis.
  • Use google Adwords tool to find keywords and take only niche keywords with low competition.
  • Give proper weight to your keywords in your website.
  • Don't repeat keywords often only where necessary.
  • Use ALT for every image containing your keywords.
  • See how many pages google has indexed.
  • See how many images google has indexed.
  • Also check google positions.
  • Install Alexa Toolbar and check your website ranking.
  • Do Forum Postings to get quality backlinks.
  • Don't use websites for automatic submissions they can ban your website.

Old 01-13-2011, 06:55 AM

amrish2338,

The key to getting ranked starts with carefully picking your keyphrase. How you start affects how you end up when it comes to SEO. If you are fairly new to this, it's good to start with a less competitive phrase in order to see how the process works. Taking on the big dogs as you have done with your highly competitive phrase can be discouraging due to the length of time that it will take to see results. I'm in no way suggesting that you abandon your campaign. I'm suggesting that you:
  1. Use the free keyword tool provided by big "G" to determine the demand/competition for a keyphrase that you are interested in.
  2. Create a highly optimized mini site on the topic.
  3. Create backlinks
  4. Watch the site rise in search engine rankings.

Once you get a feel for and confidence in the process, it will be much easier to understand what is happening with your current site.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum