Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 02-03-2011, 02:50 AM

SEO Tips and Tricks

Seven most important and webpage SEO tips you-cant-afford-to-miss:
Quote:
1: Keywords are the Key!
Having a website with content that is worthless, and does not contain words that are the most searched on the web is sheer wastage! You need to do effective keywords research, thus, using maximum keywords in your content which will get more and more hits.

2: Be 'Bold' Enough!
HTML tags that bold, italic, and underline your content must be used everywhere. The most important thing while optimizing content is to use as many tags as possible. There is a plethora of cool HTML codes for your ease. Okay, that doesn't mean you flood your content with unnecessary bolds and underlines! Just keep in mind that Google crawlers identify and lay emphasis on these tags the most.

3: Go Hyperlinking!
Links are an essential part of search engine optimization. Links make navigation extremely easy, as when you link different pages of your website, the crawlers think there is a lot of significance in your content, and hence, they will surely boost your website rankings.The links should be arranged in such a way that the crawlers always have something new to enter into, and not go back to the homepage.

4: Content that Contents Readers!
Quality, more than quantity, matters. You need not have a 10,000-words long article as it would do no good but distract the crawler. Instead, you need to have adequate website content having significant knowledge, keywords, links and something unique for every reader. Subtle language, not offensive at all, and something that a reader learns from… contributes to the best produced content.
Continued at: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/website-seo-tips.html

Last edited by snakeair; 02-03-2011 at 08:57 AM. Reason: add quotes and source link

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 04:18 AM
Banned

If you want to seo step then go to seo books, No need to be so much so much confuse.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:24 AM
Contributing Member

Good post mate, although point #2 is a bit controversial, not many people believe that bold text differs from normal text. The one I'm sure of though are the header tags, Google does notice these

Old 02-03-2011, 07:02 AM

Another thing I would like to mention with reference to point 7 is that try to inbuilt a blog within your website as this might help u to update ur website more frequently bringing you under the good eye of search victim.

Old 02-03-2011, 07:32 AM

Thanks for the information. I have found that making of Meta Title, Description gives you a good effect for the rankings... and all other things as we do off-page optimization to target

Old 02-03-2011, 07:36 AM
Banned

be active enough on popular social networking sites. share a lot of things that you know..

Old 02-03-2011, 10:43 AM

Using maximum keyword in your content will get you more hits? Really? Then why not have ZERO useful content and just type your keyword out a million times?

Sorry, but there is an optimal keyword density, and it isn't "the maximum number you can stuff into your content or website."

Old 02-07-2011, 08:23 AM
Contributing Member

Well, bold and italic is new to me, how is it helpful?

Old 02-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Banned

I did not understand what is the thread about and what is the posts are made about, I did not get any relation. However, what should I reply?

I think seo books a really helpful and forums are a kind of great field to get practical knowledge.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:28 AM
Contributing Member

That's a good article but I can't agree more on the topic #2. Bolding your keyword anywhere in your content I think is not good as you are trying to tell the robots that this keyword is important. try to use bold and italic in a normal way.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:59 PM

If all of this sounds like a lot of work, it is. Most web masters who try to perform their own search engine optimization often fail. That’s because search engines are very picky and even one technical or tactical error can cause a site to plummet to the bottom of thousands of SERPs.

Old 02-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Contributing Member

i do not agree with point # 2. it had keep its importance but now a days it hasn't. I also do not agree to put as much as keywords in content. This is also old technique. Content should be user friendly not a search engine friendly. Yes, you can add keywords in content and you should add keywords but in proper manners. It does not look like spam. Google does not like the overflow of keywords in content.

Old 02-10-2011, 05:55 PM

I am a fan of Google Sniper Style. It's not complicated SEO. Very noob friendly. Then, I go for backlinking campaign as many as I can get.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnynelson View Post
Some SEO tips:
1) Always give updates.
2) Give an uniques content.
3) Provide more and more back links.
4) Do article submission.
5) Do blogging.

Why are you suggesting these 5 tips? What's so special about them? Try to give us a brief description why these are important.

We are looking for good quality posts on here and i'll dish out green REP to the folks who give good response's.

Old 02-12-2011, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by izapharry View Post
If you want to seo step then go to seo books, No need to be so much so much confuse.
keywords with a bold tag really work. This is my personal experience. However a combination of activities are needed for optimum results. H1 tag, Bold, italic, underline, links from other pages of the site, title tag etc. are main factors.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:39 AM
Administrator

Quote:
HTML tags that bold, italic, and underline your content must be used everywhere. The most important thing while optimizing content is to use as many tags as possible. There is a plethora of cool HTML codes for your ease. Okay, that doesn't mean you flood your content with unnecessary bolds and underlines! Just keep in mind that Google crawlers identify and lay emphasis on these tags the most.
(from the quoted article above)

a ) I'd like to see some proof from a reliable source that this works. Sounds more like someone just repeating a rumor that is floating around the net.

b ) And even if you prove it works, there are usabilitiy issues when you do this:

1. It makes it really hard to read your content. Which is more important? Getting links the easy way (people like your stuff and link to it without being asked) or waste your time adding unnessary coding to the page just to try and manipulate the search bots.

2. You shoud never underline words that are not links. When people see underlined words they assume it is a link. You waste their time clicking it.

The italics one is a new myth for me.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
(from the quoted article above)

a ) I'd like to see some proof from a reliable source that this works. Sounds more like someone just repeating a rumor that is floating around the net.

b ) And even if you prove it works, there are usabilitiy issues when you do this:

1. It makes it really hard to read your content. Which is more important? Getting links the easy way (people like your stuff and link to it without being asked) or waste your time adding unnessary coding to the page just to try and manipulate the search bots.

2. You shoud never underline words that are not links. When people see underlined words they assume it is a link. You waste their time clicking it.

The italics one is a new myth for me.
At one time, in the early 2000s, you could italicize and bold words and it would improve SEO quite a bit, I tested it. However it hasn't worked for years and it is horrible on usability and readability. You could use CSS to override the style and make all the text look good, but that's probably something that would get you flagged with Google now.

Remember readability folks. It doesn't matter how many people you get to your page if none of them want to read it.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJKpeter View Post
Well, bold and italic is new to me, how is it helpful?
Well, we really don't know how much value will search engines give to those bold keywords, but still I can say it does a little effect. Making the keywords in bold is like telling the search engines to put importance of it than on regular text on the content.

Although it seems to be controversial to others, it is still a good practice. Anyway, it won't harm your site, and search engines won't penalize you in doing though. Also, it is not only for search engines but also for your readers.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:06 PM
Contributing Member

Content is the key in SEO.if you can post quality contents then you will see people automatically give you backlinks from their site or content.Internal linking is also important among the content is also important factor you should consider.

Old 02-14-2011, 04:50 AM

I do agree with the saying that content is king.

In the past half year I have ONLY focused on content with few sites. Just in sense that I provide a lot of content and quality.

I wanted to use this as an experiment to see how much will people start linking.

One of the sites has really taken off, and its crazy how many people link to it just because of the quality content.

Basically free offpage SEO is done for me because I provide quality content.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum