Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum

SEO Forum Search engine optimization discussions.

Share |
Old 02-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Contributing Member

Thumbs down How much time your website take to come on the first page of google ??

I am doing SEO of my first website...
I don't know how much time a new website take to come on the first page of google (If you give quality backlinks)...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2011, 01:30 PM
Contributing Member

On my old blog, it took me 6 months to get a solid place on first page.

Old 02-09-2011, 02:05 PM
Contributing Member

its also depend of competition.

Old 02-09-2011, 05:46 PM

I agree. it depends on your competition. If your competition has thousands of links already, you will have to outdo your competitors in terms of off page optimization. Start your backlinking campaign right away. make sure you vary your anchor text to avoid appearing spammy to Google.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:55 PM

It depends on the competition but it also depends on how you've structured your site, the keywords you have chosen and how you've written your content to target those keywords.

Personally I created a Wordpress blog and ranked it multiple times on the first page of Google against 22 million competing pages. It holds multiple first page spots for 3 of my 5 categories on the blog.

The very first thing in my opinion is to research your keywords and create your categories around them, and of course chose your main keyword phrase that will be the
title of your site as well.

Then site structure if very important so do some reading on that. If you do a good job Google will reward you pretty quickly, depending on the competition which is the disclaimer here. hehe

Good luck!

Old 02-09-2011, 06:57 PM

Very well said. I agree with you 110%.

Old 02-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Banned

that highly depends on the quality of your promotional strategies. I've been advertising a website for 3 months, and it's currently on the second page of Google.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:25 PM

I never get my website on the first page.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:37 AM
Contributing Member

It totally depend on your competition. If you have strong competition then it may take 6 to 1 year to get on first page. And if yo have less competition then you can come on index in just 3 or 4 months with some hard work.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:50 AM
Banned

On page factor matters for ranking your website so first of all work on your on page and design search friendly. Also check content, keywords density and meta tags. After that you can start on keywords ranking. If you will do regular work on your website, it will take 3-4 months ranking your website.

Old 02-10-2011, 08:30 AM

it depends on a lot of variables (domain age, keyword competition, etc) but if you can come up with a decent SEO campaign then you may rank in 2-6 months

Old 02-10-2011, 01:33 PM

This is a very vague question. It's extremely case sensitive for several reasons. The biggest comes down to what keyword you are tracking to rank for. If you're trying to rank for "Alpena, Michigan Dentists" then you'll probably get on the front page within a week or two considering there's very few dentists in such a small town like Alpena, Michigan. If you're trying to rank for the keyword "Calendars" than you can pretty much give away any hope that you'll be on the front page of Google anytime in the next 5 years (or more likely, ever).

You need to learn how to properly do a keyword analysis to determine what keyword you should target and will have the best opportunity for ranking for and driving traffic from. From there, you'll have a pretty good idea of a time frame...give or take.

Old 02-10-2011, 04:53 PM

well its depends on competition as well as content too, if there is quality content on your web pages then it will help you to get more quality from back links, otherwise you will have to work hard on your off-page campaign....

Consultant
[removed]

Last edited by snakeair; 02-10-2011 at 10:13 PM. Reason: 30 posts required for signature

Old 02-10-2011, 05:41 PM

2 weeks

Old 02-10-2011, 08:05 PM

2 things. Competition, and Knowledge of SEO. Period. If you know your SEO, you can compete and it will take time. Don't know SEO, have no competition, and an obscure keyword, could take nothing except your sites content. I have been able to get short tail, competitive terms to page one within 2-3 months, at 40hrs or more per week of effort.

Old 02-10-2011, 09:59 PM

it is depend on competition that how much competition have your site.and also depend on you that how much seo work you are doing with your site.

Old 02-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Contributing Member

it depends on the competition and how much effort you made in link building.

Old 02-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirav Dave View Post
I am doing SEO of my first website...
I don't know how much time a new website take to come on the first page of google (If you give quality backlinks)...
Its depend upon the off page optimization work what ever you have done for your website and when ever participating blog comments or forum,the content will be in relevant and more informative for the readers and get most back links from reputed and high PR domains for search engine crawling for keyword positioning and get it form social networking site for the traffic.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:39 AM
Banned

It can happen right away if you choose the right titles. What niche are you targeting? Use Micro Niche finder to check competition and focus on long tail keywords. I hope this helps.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Contributing Member

Post This is the condition....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahberra View Post
It can happen right away if you choose the right titles. What niche are you targeting? Use Micro Niche finder to check competition and focus on long tail keywords. I hope this helps.
I want to use your knowledge so let me tell you the details so that you can understand in better way....
I choose title of 39 character and the same is keyword & its a long tail....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
It depends on the competition but it also depends on how you've structured your site, the keywords you have chosen and how you've written your content to target those keywords.

Personally I created a Wordpress blog and ranked it multiple times on the first page of Google against 22 million competing pages. It holds multiple first page spots for 3 of my 5 categories on the blog.

The very first thing in my opinion is to research your keywords and create your categories around them, and of course chose your main keyword phrase that will be the
title of your site as well.

Then site structure if very important so do some reading on that. If you do a good job Google will reward you pretty quickly, depending on the competition which is the disclaimer here. hehe

Good luck!

Competition is not that much higher, 2 to 4 gaint whales are there like wikihow, ehow, ezinearticles and asdfing but there is not much affiliate site....

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenConnect View Post
This is a very vague question. It's extremely case sensitive for several reasons. The biggest comes down to what keyword you are tracking to rank for. If you're trying to rank for "Alpena, Michigan Dentists" then you'll probably get on the front page within a week or two considering there's very few dentists in such a small town like Alpena, Michigan. If you're trying to rank for the keyword "Calendars" than you can pretty much give away any hope that you'll be on the front page of Google anytime in the next 5 years (or more likely, ever).

You need to learn how to properly do a keyword analysis to determine what keyword you should target and will have the best opportunity for ranking for and driving traffic from. From there, you'll have a pretty good idea of a time frame...give or take.
Adwords says that there is 0.1 to 0.4 competition for my main keyword. so accordingly it is not that tough competition. thought I have to face more then 10 million sites...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Kimball View Post
Its depend upon the off page optimization work what ever you have done for your website and when ever participating blog comments or forum,the content will be in relevant and more informative for the readers and get most back links from reputed and high PR domains for search engine crawling for keyword positioning and get it form social networking site for the traffic.
I am building backinks and right now my complete focus is on that part only...

one more thing to ask,
I have not that much content on my site and I want to build the site with huge content with depth of its topic, so question is should I only focus on building new content on site right now or do it with link building...???

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > SEO Forum